Why farang like to find friends from internet when they travel in Asia

Sierra1991

Hi I just wonder why farang like to find friends when they travel to Asia, especially in Thailand or Cambodia

my ex and I was broke up ( we met each other from Dating website and been together for almost 2 years )

but now we broke up .. So I just wonder if you met people from internet does it means they just looking for girl to have fun with (like holiday gf?)

Ps,My ex like to read this website but I don't know which forums hope he can see this one and just wanna say I miss you :)

Sierra1991, sorry it didn't work out for you.

I don't think all farangs go on websites just to meet "holiday girlfriends." A mate met his wife through a website and they have been happily married for 7 years.

People are different and many find websites easier to start a relationship.

But as Celso said "Time to move on"

• Like 1

Yes that's true moving on is the best thing to do. Remember sometimes the match that felt so right just isn't. Don't do more damage to your heart by trying to fix something that has past its expiration date. Sometimes heart ache came just to give us opportunity to learn lessons and to grow from it. You'll find love again and next time it will feel better. Have hope it will happen for you and you're in the best place for when it does.

• Like 1

To answer the OPs (a Thai lady or a troll?) direct question, nobody knows: even if the dating sites ask when new clients register, many people are not honest. The full range I would guess - I know guys who have had long relationships from dating sites both Asian and UK and I have known single and married men use it to find casual sex, though I have not used dating sites myself. Some of the apparently single men over 45 years old that I have chatted to in falang bars in Bangkok and Pattaya seem quite lonely and some are clearly looking for someone special, not just sex; less so for the younger ones but that is no scientific answer and not universally true

Give some thought about how you are going to find out a man's intentions without looking like you are desperate for a relationship. You probably would not like a man who is desperately seeking (anyone) for a relationship.

The same goes with men. Stay loose have fun and don't have sex until you feel comfortable with it - that tends to turn away the sex-only seekers.

The right question the OP should have asked:

"

Hi I just wonder why farang like to find friends when they travel to Asia, especially in Thailand or Cambodia

my ex and I was broke up ( we met each other from Dating website and been together for almost 2 years )

but now we broke up .. So I just wonder if you by meeting people from internet does it mean you are looking for a girl to have fun with (like holiday gf?) or is it just to find somebody to marry?

Ps,My ex likes to read this website but I don't know which forums hope he can see this one and just wanna say I miss you

"

• Like 1

I love it, looking on line is so easy, the ladies also play the game, they have various guys hanging on, if it doesn't work out with one they have another to take his place and you know what,, so do i, come on girls i'm waiting for you.

• Like 1

Sierra1991, sorry it didn't work out for you.

I don't think all farangs go on websites just to meet "holiday girlfriends." A mate met his wife through a website and they have been happily married for 7 years.

People are different and many find websites easier to start a relationship.

But as Celso said "Time to move on"

+1

i sometimes try to find a playmate online as it saves on trawling the bars to find a fun compannion for motorcycle trips. ive also tried to prearrange girls in the various stop overs but sometimes theyre not the girl that appears in the photo profile and the last 1 wasnt a girl at all........hmmmmmm. back to the bar search then...

Seara, it's hard to explain, some genuinely looking to fill up the empty space in their heart, some looking for holiday GF , some looming for a company and some for creepy ideas.

I believe in destiny.....a lot of things happens in our lives for which we were not ready but it just happened....

Many great people out there to meet ......it's your destiny that will take you there...

• Like 1

Obviously you can't label around a billion or so people with a certain way to attract a mate IE Internet dating but I'm sure there is a point with the OP's post somewhere.

Thing is, sooooo many men that come to SE Asia, and especially Thailand, to find a " Partner " with how I see it, lack a hell of a lot of social skills, can be extremely insecure of their own appearance, their weight and hair loss for example and the Internet gives them the security that with the click of a butting, they do or don't interact with someone.

Many of these men feel intimidated too, even though they'll generally encounter prostitutes, they'll still feel intimidated which is obscene to anyone who doesn't have these types of insecurities of course, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

The Internet takes away the intimidation.

That's what I think anyway.

Ok guys I thanks for all suggested :)

I went to my bf house 2 times last year and was stayed with his family :)

He was helped me a lot about paper works to get visa. Coz I'm still a uni student so I don't have much money in my bank account.

but I think my bf still young he's 24 years old and I'm 23 years old. So maybe we didn't meet in the right time.

He was my first farang boyfriend so I never know about guys put profile on internet to meet girls for some reason not just love.

sounds silly right hahaha how embarrassing ! I was just believed about love too much.

so even know it's hard to find truth love on the internet but I still got my profile on dating website again Lol.

Thanks everyone

The internet is a tool to spread your net wider than your existing social circle and for those that lack confidence to establish first contact face to face from a standing start.

Certainly IMHO women like a certain amount of self-confidence in a man, so it would suggest that many that are using dating-sites purely to counter that aspect are on a back-foot already.

If you want to date a librarian, go to a library.

• Like 1

When going to a new country by yourself it's good to have some internet girls lined up to use as a tour guide =]. It's much easier to find good places and nice food when you have a thai girl with you, especially if you don't speak thai, it makes your holiday better. So that's the initial reason for me. After then it might turn into bf/gf or more, just depends.

In general I think most guys on dating websites are more after commitment than just sex. But there will be some guys who just see them as hubs full of desperate women; easy pickings.

From a guy's point of view it's easy to pull in Thailand without using a dating website, but the girls that you are likely to meet in bars maybe aren't going to be girlfriend material. So guys might think dating websites are a better place to get a good quality gf.