• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Luxury" Condo For Sale! Davai! Davai!

w00t.gif

Is this an auction JT?

Ok, Let's Go!!

I bid 10,000 100,000 Baht and you can borrow my truck to move your stuff - I'll even help you. smile.png

10 million and we've got a deal, comrade.

A few too many nohl's for me unfortunately.

Would you take rubles?

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1

"Luxury" Condo For Sale! Davai! Davai!

Is this an auction JT?

Ok, Let's Go!!

I bid 10,000 100,000 Baht and you can borrow my truck to move your stuff - I'll even help you.

10 million and we've got a deal, comrade.

Maybe accept 9.5 million?

I realize this is low, but look at upside, you finally get the opportunity to drive a car in Pattaya!

• 1 month later...

You don't have to go that far...no Russians on the dark side, thankfully.

You must have your eyes closed. Or maybe it's just so dark on the darkside that you cant see them even with your eyes open. I see plenty of them there and I only cross Sukumvit once a week for Sunday lunch and to get my car washed.

When you look at the dark side, careful you must be. For the dark side looks back.

You must have your eyes closed. Or maybe it's just so dark on the darkside that you cant see them even with your eyes open. I see plenty of them there and I only cross Sukumvit once a week for Sunday lunch and to get my car washed.

When you look at the dark side, careful you must be. For the dark side looks back.

Huh...?

Huh...?

Based on the last part of the following quotation(original is in German) from the great philosopher Nietzsche:

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. " Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited by BugJackBaron

Why Russians don't (usually) smile!

Fascinating.

"In Russia only two types of people smile: idiots and rich people—and rich people don't walk on the street."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/why-russians-aren-t-smiling-at-you-in-sochi-20140207

Thanks for that interesting post. It is a cultural thing. What we see on the outside (absence of a smile) is not necessarily what is going on in the inside.

• 1 month later...

On the front lines of the Russification front ...

Is DA the new KA?

In -- DAthumbsup.gif

Out -- KA (for Thai girls)unsure.png

Buying an item today, the saleslady kept saying DA.

I said, I am not a DA, not everyone with white skin is Russian.

She hears me, looks confused, and then continues to say

DA to me about 20 times.

More DA than you would expect KA by far!

So, now very amused, I speak to her again about it, and ask her why she keeps speaking Russian to me when I told her I don't speak Russian.

Her hilarious answer: Not speaking Russian, DA is Thai, same like KA.

Did she actually believe that?facepalm.gif

Edited by Jingthing

Why Russians don't (usually) smile!

Fascinating.

"In Russia only two types of people smile: idiots and rich people—and rich people don't walk on the street."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/why-russians-aren-t-smiling-at-you-in-sochi-20140207

only those from Moscow jinny.

They were taught not to smile during communist times but now its because if you live in Moscow you have nothing to smile about

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

On the front lines of the Russification front ...

Is DA the new KA?

In -- DAthumbsup.gif

Out -- KA (for Thai girls)unsure.png

Buying an item today, the saleslady kept saying DA.

I said, I am not a DA, not everyone with white skin is Russian.

She hears me, looks confused, and then continues to say

DA to me about 20 times.

More DA than you would expect KA by far!

So, now very amused, I speak to her again about it, and ask her why she keeps speaking Russian to me when I told her I don't speak Russian.

Her hilarious answer: Not speaking Russian, DA is Thai, same like KA.

Did she actually believe that?facepalm.gif

I reckon there's a few workers down at the Food Court at Central who can speak more Russian than English.

I reckon there's a few workers down at the Food Court at Central who can speak more Russian than English.

Definitely.

What struck me as funny about the DA girl is that I got the impression she was saying DA to be welcoming to the white people, but didn't have the slightest cue what language she was speaking. My other guess is that was the only Russian word she knew. She really did seem to think all white people in town will be happy to hear DA. She's over half right!