Smoking everywhere

Fabulousheart

What happened to no smoking in discos, clubs and closed spaces? It find not last very long. I am not used to all the smoke anymore. Even at the beach to get fresh air with the umbrellas up it is like a non stop chimney and very unpleasant. The open air restaurants also people smoke now both inside and out. Every breakfast in my little open air there is at least 5 people smoking non stop. I may have to cut Thailand out in the future. I just do not remember it ever being this bad. As I said I small just not used to it anymore.

• Like 2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

+ 1 / Horrible habit. And unfortunately many of the smokers seem to have an attitude of entitlement and keep blowing the sh...t in our direction. Enough reason to get up and leave for me, or if to the extreme, grab the bloody cigarette and step on it. I really get pissed when caught on the wrong day.

30 minutes in a bar, we smell like smoked ham, actually not...hams smells tasty. Disgusting..... Try Walking Street Pub....Smells like Heaven when you step inside! "NO SMOKING!" and doing well.

Terrible addiction which should be controlled by law / enforcement. Seen 2 good friends die of lung cancer....HORRIBLE......Smoking til the last minute....But very much regretting they ever started...

HAPPY NEW YEAR* MS>

What are your habits that folk might not like..?

+ 1 / Horrible habit. And unfortunately many of the smokers seem to have an attitude of entitlement and keep blowing the sh...t in our direction. Enough reason to get up and leave for me, or if to the extreme, grab the bloody cigarette and step on it. I really get pissed when caught on the wrong day.

30 minutes in a bar, we smell like smoked ham, actually not...hams smells tasty. Disgusting..... Try Walking Street Pub....Smells like Heaven when you step inside! "NO SMOKING!" and doing well.

Terrible addiction which should be controlled by law / enforcement. Seen 2 good friends die of lung cancer....HORRIBLE......Smoking til the last minute....But very much regretting they ever started...

HAPPY NEW YEAR* MS>

None that are illegal or might cause anyone's health to suffer.

You don't drive a diesel or benzene ride or fly then. ?

• Like 2

Tolley, on 02 Jan 2014 - 17:42, said:

It does seem that there are more smokers in Pattaya than a lot of other places.

Further bars, restaurants etc do not enforce any smoking bans.

Must be the Russians.......they have bad habits you know!facepalm.gif

Or perhaps even those Germans;

A man had to be tied up by Emirates staff onboard a flight to Brisbane for repeatedly trying to smoke in the cabin before becoming violent.

The German national became aggressive towards crew members after his several attempts at smoking were thwarted.

The incident occurred on a flight from Singapore to Brisbane at 1.10am on Thursday.

A fellow passenger photographed the man with his legs and hands tied up.

Once flight EK432 touched down, staff notified authorities and he was arrested by Australian Federal Police.

Bail was not opposed in Brisbane Magistrates Court today.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/20574237/man-tied-up-on-flight-after-trying-to-smoke/

Don't be ridiculous. As a (wannabe) cop, the fact that it is illegal should be enough for you, shouldn't it? Hmmm?

Answer my question...............coffee1.gif

I only bicycle everywhere, and fart essence of lavender.

Now, as a make-believe cop, do you uphold the law or not?

As far as your farts are concerned, YES. laugh.png

Well, that makes a lot of sense, Sheriff Bob. How about you agree not to smoke in indoor public places, and I agree not to drive my car or fly a plane in indoor public places?

Weeeeell, some of us smokers know how to behave........Cannot speak for all but me being a gentleman I know how to behave and am not a problem to anyone. Oooooooooooooooop's except to to those who have just given up. w00t.gif .............laugh.png

• Like 2

I had an early dinner in a Thai seafood place tonight which has a a terrace where people can eat outside & there were 4 Korean lads having dinner.

I was admiring their use of chopsticks when I noticed that 2 of them had a ciggie each in their left hand & were taking drags between bites & exhaling over the assorted dished that they were sharing.

I'm sure it was ok as they seemed to think that they were the bee's knees & apparently smokers have rights to don't cha know

HAPPY NEW YEAR* MS>

Bad habits? Wouldn't know, but will ask my friends. Certainly none as disgusting as blowing smoke into other people's faces and smell like an ashtray. BTW, fully aware that reasonable discussions are difficult with any addicts. they will always defend their habit, as ridiculous as it might look. Happy New Year. MS>

HAPPY NEW YEAR* MS>

Bad habits? Wouldn't know, but will ask my friends. Certainly none as disgusting as blowing smoke into other people's faces and smell like an ashtray. BTW, fully aware that reasonable discussions are difficult with any addicts. they will always defend their habit, as ridiculous as it might look. Happy New Year. MS>

Do you fart, do you eat Isaan food, do you.................

Well, that makes a lot of sense, Sheriff Bob. How about you agree not to smoke in indoor public places, and I agree not to drive my car or fly a plane in indoor public places?

Weeeeell, some of us smokers know how to behave........Cannot speak for all but me being a gentleman I know how to behave and am not a problem to anyone. Oooooooooooooooop's except to to those who have just given up. xw00t.gif.pagespeed.ic.Fk8xTuMtRw.webp alt=w00t.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1451809591 width=18 height=20> .............xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.W9oTakjBs5.webp alt=laugh.png pagespeed_url_hash=4020895376 width=20 height=20>

Certainly there is some smokers with respect for others. But kind of rare here in Pattaya. :-) MS>

Rarely and discreetly, wouldn't compare a bodily function with smoking??? Classy answer! Isaan Food, no thx. mixed with cigarette smoke and Heineken or Tequila makes for killer breath. NO, thank you. But this might actually be the one upside in Thailand for smokers....: They don't smell the foul breath of many locals and farangs.....Try to take it with humor. We all know there are laws in place and we all know there is hardly any enforcement of any laws here. So we non-smokers will have to love with it or get out of the bars....Still does not make it right. Good night. MS>

HAPPY NEW YEAR* MS>

Do you fart, do you eat Isaan food, do you.................

• Like 1

Don't be ridiculous. As a (wannabe) cop, the fact that it is illegal should be enough for you, shouldn't it? Hmmm?

Answer my question...............coffee1.gif

I only bicycle everywhere, and fart essence of lavender.

Now, as a make-believe cop, do you uphold the law or not?

Sorry, have I missed something? What is the wanna-be cop part? Certainly not me or any of my friends....55555555........Plenty of them already.....Smokers? Cops? MS>

I was referring to transam, the Thai Police Volunteer.

Ok. Thx. Not informed about this scene here. Seem to be a few good ones on W.Str. and some which seem to really enjoy their uniform and spread arms, with all the police gadgets on their belts. As long as they help people and it helps their EGO, ok. Was in law enforcement myself and well aware of all the different characters and motivations. At least some smokers less in enclosed public spaces. Why is there so much police everywhere these days? Surely good when they patrol Beach Rd. with all the human trash around the Southern end. Get a few under-covers there and get rid of the dealers. They must know them or we can laser-mark them. Easy pick. MS>

• Like 1

HAPPY NEW YEAR* MS>

Yea I guess as smokers who are not sexpats have to put up with a lot too.

Have you smelt the stench from some of those urine stained, beer guzzling fools walking around town with their wife beater on hugging their great grand daughter?

And yes "they will always defend their habit, as ridiculous as it might look".

• Like 1