Guarantee on Scooter

HughJass

I am looking for a scooter for my g/f and am going to look at one tomorrow that's only 5 months old very low km and has been bought as a repossession from the bank by the current farang owner who is selling it on.....he has the green book but no plate at present as its come from another city but is getting it registered locally in the next couple of days....my question relates to the fact that there is no other documentation other than the green book how would one go about accessing repairs under the guarantee?

Don't worry too much about it if's a Honda or Yamaha.

Does it come with a service book? There you can see the history when the bike has been to service, new bikes needs oil change at 1000 km according to the service book.

I bought 4 or 5 new Thai bikes over the years and none of them needed work done on warranty.

All main dealers should in theory honor warranty on a bike (if you have the service book and stamped correctly) but if they do, I don't know.

Don't worry too much about it if's a Honda or Yamaha.

Does it come with a service book? There you can see the history when the bike has been to service, new bikes needs oil change at 1000 km according to the service book.

I bought 4 or 5 new Thai bikes over the years and none of them needed work done on warranty.

All main dealers should in theory honor warranty on a bike (if you have the service book and stamped correctly) but if they do, I don't know.

"there is no other documentation other than the green book"

without a service book stamped with the date of purchase as proof of valid warranty is there any other way to validate the warranty with Yamaha?

I would not consider buying it without the 2.5 year outstanding warranty even though as u say the likelihood of needing it is likely to be remote

"there is no other documentation other than the green book"

without a service book stamped with the date of purchase as proof of valid warranty is there any other way to validate the warranty with Yamaha?

I would not consider buying it without the 2.5 year outstanding warranty even though as u say the likelihood of needing it is likely to be remote

Very unlikely, small Thai bikes are not in a computerized system like cars (and perhaps expensive big bikes) but only stamped in the service book which is the owners responsibility to keep up to date when the bike is serviced and only prove of same.

You can try asking a Yamaha small bike dealer if they will honor the warranty.

I always keep my bikes and cars maintenance books up to date very disciplined, it's a good selling point when the time come to sell that you can show the buyer that you have maintained the vehicle according to manufacturers recommendations.

• Like 1