Suthep threatens to seize Yingluck’s assets‏

webfact

You seem to have little idea about how strongly many Thais feel in support of Suthep. The Bkk protestors are doing so without payment and in fact are contributing money and food to the protest.

The same contributions could not be asked of red shirt "supporters".

Yes I wonder what the situation would be IF the red shirt followers were asked to give back vote money and other perks to Thaksin because he was destitute.

Ha ha NO WAY they would tell him to sod off, he used them and in a way they used him. When it come to their turn to pay Near never, They only got to BKK 2010 in BUSES free--pick-ups free--free food--drink, expenses. Without this they would have been on the farm or taking the cows and buffalo out for the day.

A small percent left would have gone on their own to BKK and used their own funds. If this happened no one would have died and the demo would have been just a demo-controllable.

There have been many red shirt fundraising events where locals - some very poor - have contributed varying amounts of money. 'paymaster' seems to have little idea how strongly many Thais feel in support of the red shirts.

'Have heard anecdotal evidence for a while of such fundraisers of varying scales. From what have heard it is 50 percent for expenses and the remaining 50 percents of the money goes to the red shirts. We are not talking Democrat Party Chinese buffet (To Jeen) type money, but we are talking about small-scale widespread fundraisers in many areas throughout the country. Like the yellows before them, the red shirts have created a movement which is not going away soon. There seems to be this view, as articulated by Korn of the Democrats, is that the red shirts are like a house of cards and that if you take away Thaksin’s money it will all fall down. This would have been a fair assessment to make back in 2007, but BP has heard and seen more than ample evidence that the red shirts have created a movement which is self-funding for many events (this is not to say that Thaksin and others do not fund some activities such as trips to Dubai etc).'

http://asiancorrespondent.com/28599/what-is-happening-in-red-shirt-land-part-ii/

Of course, Thaksin and a few others contributed the vast amount of money for the red shirt protests in 2010. Just as Suthep's elite backers are funding this movement. The money contributed by people on the street is a nice symbolic show of support - and yes, no doubt that people feel strongly - but it's chicken feed compared to the amount needed. Wonder why people are still denigrating one side or the other by claiming they're paid to protest and that's all there is to it? If it was really like that, there wouldn't be any serious problem.

• Like 1

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope the Thai people and all you foreigners living in Bangkok have a wonderful protest next week. You now see what type of mad man Suthep is. You will see how the Germans lived with Hitler. .

Hitler was elected. And build his private brown shirts.

So it better fits Thaksin and his red shirts. We'll close our company on Monday as all staff will go to the demonstrations.

So will it be paid leave? You better check they may just stay home and laugh at you for giving them off.

That's his company and I don't think he need your BS to tell him how to run it!

The use of the words "OUR COMPANY" does not necessarily infer ownership, it can also mean the company one works for. Or the place a person works together with other company employees. coffee1.gif

Even the use of "my company" could be interpreted in the same manner.

Edited by lostinsurin

Hope the Thai people and all you foreigners living in Bangkok have a wonderful protest next week. You now see what type of mad man Suthep is. You will see how the Germans lived with Hitler. .

What a shameful and disgraceful comment.

You seem to have little idea about how strongly many Thais feel in support of Suthep. The Bkk protestors are doing so without payment and in fact are contributing money and food to the protest.

The same contributions could not be asked of red shirt "supporters".

Yes I wonder what the situation would be IF the red shirt followers were asked to give back vote money and other perks to Thaksin because he was destitute.

Ha ha NO WAY they would tell him to sod off, he used them and in a way they used him. When it come to their turn to pay Near never, They only got to BKK 2010 in BUSES free--pick-ups free--free food--drink, expenses. Without this they would have been on the farm or taking the cows and buffalo out for the day.

A small percent left would have gone on their own to BKK and used their own funds. If this happened no one would have died and the demo would have been just a demo-controllable.

There have been many red shirt fundraising events where locals - some very poor - have contributed varying amounts of money. 'paymaster' seems to have little idea how strongly many Thais feel in support of the red shirts.

'Have heard anecdotal evidence for a while of such fundraisers of varying scales. From what have heard it is 50 percent for expenses and the remaining 50 percents of the money goes to the red shirts. We are not talking Democrat Party Chinese buffet (To Jeen) type money, but we are talking about small-scale widespread fundraisers in many areas throughout the country. Like the yellows before them, the red shirts have created a movement which is not going away soon. There seems to be this view, as articulated by Korn of the Democrats, is that the red shirts are like a house of cards and that if you take away Thaksin’s money it will all fall down. This would have been a fair assessment to make back in 2007, but BP has heard and seen more than ample evidence that the red shirts have created a movement which is self-funding for many events (this is not to say that Thaksin and others do not fund some activities such as trips to Dubai etc).'

http://asiancorrespondent.com/28599/what-is-happening-in-red-shirt-land-part-ii/

Of course, Thaksin and a few others contributed the vast amount of money for the red shirt protests in 2010. Just as Suthep's elite backers are funding this movement. The money contributed by people on the street is a nice symbolic show of support - and yes, no doubt that people feel strongly - but it's chicken feed compared to the amount needed. Wonder why people are still denigrating one side or the other by claiming they're paid to protest and that's all there is to it? If it was really like that, there wouldn't be any serious problem.

To me anyone who loves his people and tries to help the poor, brilliant, BUT doing your homework knowing Issans population and with a massive carrot and a sweet mouth, you get what you wanted, POWER ----MONEY GRABBING----total BIB and contract corruption--big business. Control freaks- directly run by a family who have to have limelight-ego trips.

As a class one football referee, a DECENT one will try to be invisible--FAIR-unbiased-.............A bad referee would like to show himself all the time be in the limelight attract attention (photo sessions here come to mind). This government is similar to the bad referee.

Oh, he is now head of the judiciary as well government? Or has he decided to do away with the need for a judicial system as well as a parliamentary system?

An appointed council to rule, seizure of assets without due process (even Thaksin related assets), smack of something very dangerous indeed. I hope Thailand fully realizes what type of rule they are flirting with. Well, the few hundred thousand protestors anyway. Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for.

Obvious pun opportunity on removing the last three letters of the title aside, Suthep is showing that its about money too, we can leave it open to the too/entirely option.

He is already lowering himself to common brigandage, seizing buildings and streets was mild, but really seizing of people's money is the full-on pirates leaping onto the shipdeck stuff.

Its all very sad. The problem in Thailand is not about vote-buying, pre-elections, number of votes, money-in-bank-accounts, the problem in Thailand is post-election Parliamentary Regulation. Full stop.

coffee1.gif

Excuse me, but where in the story does it mention money..? it says her assets...

In the UK in 1974 around 200,000 demonstrating miners brought down PM Edward Heath's government. In 1984 150,000 miners tried to overthrow the Government of PM Margaret Thatcher, she refused to give in to their demands and would not resign, she even considered bringing in the Army. The UK economy suffered, but she stuck to her guns until after one year, the opposition were defeated, and her Party were returned to power in the following election with a resounding victory. Suthep would be better of negotiating now, we cannot afford 1 year of demonstrations followed by another landslide victory for Pheu Thai.

It is generally agreed the Ms Thatcher would have lost that election except for the help of a few Argentinians. Perhaps Yingluk could ask Cambodia to invade - sorry that was last election.

• Like 2

I read that this evening the army is going to occupy Bangkok with Tanks and Artilery , not a coup ; but to protect the city from mass protest occupation , bringing the city to a standstill , disruption of services and business .

One can only assume that Suthep has the moral and financial backing of very important and wealthy people , that he has not already been taken into custody

and demonstraters dispersed .

Thaksins money should have been seized since a long time. Most he got from corruption.

Only Thaksin?

What about the rest of Thailands "elite", where did their money come from?

Maybe not stop at Thailand either, how about Cambodia, Malaysia, USA even.

Corruption is what World politics is based on I fear.

Of course every money from corruption should be sized, beginning on the biggest cases and all cases from Thaksin rest at the moment till they expire pretty soon.

Libellous post and quoted reply removed

As my post concerning the losses incurred by the rice scheme/scam and ensuing massive topping up of a certain Thai family's coffers, I can only assume this 'libelous' post was mine. Odd, the BP printed it dry.png

We've already experienced that during the 2010 red shirt riots. That was way worse than what's happening now. Interesting that all the mass protests since 2006 have been caused by the Shin clan's actions.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif so if shin clan calls for a protest its their fault. and if Suthep calls for a protest then its shin's fault as well cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

fantastic logicclap2.gif

Do you know why the average Thai is participating in these protests? Do some research. The amnesty bill and changes to the laws are the reasons. Changes demanded by Thaksin and pushed through by his sister. This is not about Suthep, though he is the protest leader. Unless there was a compelling reason, the average Thai citizen wouldn't participate. They don't like Suthep either.

Libellous post and quoted reply removed

As my post concerning the losses incurred by the rice scheme/scam and ensuing massive topping up of a certain Thai family's coffers, I can only assume this 'libelous' post was mine. Odd, the BP printed it dry.png

The BP have the lawyers and funds to fight a lawsuit in a case of libel/defamation, do you?

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Let's get back on topic.

It's like watching an argument between 4 year olds...

Exactly.

Unfortunately the Thais are not ready for democracy, perhaps try again in a few decades more, in the mean time they should adopt a system similar to Singapore, where the people are all treated like 4 to 8 year olds (which is about there intellectual level)

While I do think Thaksins assets should be confiscated, I also believe the assets of all politicians who

are corrupt (all of them) should be confiscated. But the rest of Sutheps rant show he is clearly delusional. blink.png

• Like 1

We've already experienced that during the 2010 red shirt riots. That was way worse than what's happening now. Interesting that all the mass protests since 2006 have been caused by the Shin clan's actions.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif so if shin clan calls for a protest its their fault. and if Suthep calls for a protest then its shin's fault as well cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

fantastic logicclap2.gif

Do you know why the average Thai is participating in these protests? Do some research. The amnesty bill and changes to the laws are the reasons. Changes demanded by Thaksin and pushed through by his sister. This is not about Suthep, though he is the protest leader. Unless there was a compelling reason, the average Thai citizen wouldn't participate. They don't like Suthep either.

if the average thai supports the opposition they could take power democratically without all the destruction and death

the government has long since got the point and shelved the amnesty bill so why are people still dying...?

what will taking power by terror achieve?... except for (as history tells us) even more terror on the streets of bangkok next year...?

are all thai "political" leaders stuck in the vortex of a parallel universe where there is no perspective to predict, nor means to shape, the future reality, due to a super powerful spinning magnetic force creating an irresistible temptation to continuously repeat the disequilibrium and instability of the past forever more...?

Who the F is Suthep? Did anyone seized the land that he scammed? The money from the palm oil scam? The money from the bombscanners? The money from the aircraft carrier without aircrafts? The money he received to influence the appointment of a new police commissioner? The money from the armoured carriers that serve as an artificial reef in his home province?

Edited by ubonjoe
Deleted line suggesting violence

You froze my assets now I'll freeze yours! (if I ever seize full control of the country!)

He's taking it a bit too far. I mean where would you stop?... they've all had their snouts in the trough!

If PDRC comes to power why not focus on the real issues of running the country and making sure that the trough feeding stops,.. that'd be good enough for all I think.

My main concern is what will a Thailand run by a self appointed leader and his handpicked southerners actually be like. When I look at the post revolution models of the last century I can only see disaster, poverty and the persecution of the poor and minorities. Whether the Supreme Leader models himself on Castro, Stalin, Hitler, Franco and Mussolini is irrelevant. Thailand will become isolated and reviled by every clear headed leader in the international community. A win for a self appointed leader will render Thailand impotent and impoverished. There simply must be a palatable alternative.

• Like 2

Obvious pun opportunity on removing the last three letters of the title aside, Suthep is showing that its about money too, we can leave it open to the too/entirely option.

He is already lowering himself to common brigandage, seizing buildings and streets was mild, but really seizing of people's money is the full-on pirates leaping onto the shipdeck stuff.

Its all very sad. The problem in Thailand is not about vote-buying, pre-elections, number of votes, money-in-bank-accounts, the problem in Thailand is post-election Parliamentary Regulation. Full stop.

coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif pagespeed_url_hash=2220208811>

"seizing of people's money is the full-on pirates leaping onto the shipdeck stuff"

Agreed.

But didn't Thaksin's Tharit's DSI promise to freeze the money, of the leaders of Suthep's campaign a week or two ago ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/691225-dsi-chief-tarit-we-have-right-to-freeze-assets-of-protest-leaders/

That threat has now come back to haunt the government ! No Double Standards ! facepalm.gif

Try to do that in Belgium:

No way you would be able to get near to government buildings and shout al that venom.

When will someone jail thet Suthep????

Too scared of something?

Thailand on its way to chaos sad.png

Suthep said once the people announce the victory over the Thaksin regime, all her assets would be seized.

The protest leader also disclosed that on the shutdown day, all major government offices will come under siege by protesters so as to prevent all officials to work or serve the caretaker government.

All major roads leading to government offices will be blocked and all government vehicles will not be allowed to pass, except city buses which will continue servicing the people.

He said houses of Ms Yingluck will also be blocked by an army of female protesters, of Surapong Tovichakchaikul, and of Kittirat na Ranong.

For Mr Surapong, also the foreign minister, Mr Suthep said he would see ”Hell on earth does exist and will experience it.

They will face mass protests that they have never seen or expected in their lives, Suthep said.

The mass protests will also be held at the homes of the national police chief and his two deputies, he said.

Would the Belgium people tolerate 3 years of pillage???? or are they too week to fight something like this--I think NOT they would do the same as here, any country would. No country near on earth would wait for an election with no demonstrations and no reform, When people pillage they have to GO.

If persons mobilizing the protests are found very wrong they also will have to GO.

I don't know the Belgians, only their waffels and chips.. but this has absolutely nothing to do with what is maybe happening now: a forced non-democratic takeover. Yes, there has been pillaging for years, Thaksin got in on the game and understood how to pillage with greater finesse (sometimes) than his predeccors. AND: he understood the gains coming from populistic politics. Throw some gifts, paid from Government coffers and gain the trust of the people you are robbing. I used to call him a "Berlusconi gone bad". So, at part we agree. Thaksin and his like are scum. Problem is though that "and his like" are now leading the protests against Yingluck. Plague og Cholera? What will be your choice, Sir?

I don't know the Belgians, only their waffels and chips.. but this has absolutely nothing to do with what is maybe happening now: a forced non-democratic takeover. Yes, there has been pillaging for years, Thaksin got in on the game and understood how to pillage with greater finesse (sometimes) than his predeccors. AND: he understood the gains coming from populistic politics. Throw some gifts, paid from Government coffers and gain the trust of the people you are robbing. I used to call him a "Berlusconi gone bad". So, at part we agree. Thaksin and his like are scum. Problem is though that "and his like" are now leading the protests against Yingluck. Plague og Cholera? What will be your choice, Sir?

I think she was talking about you.

Edited by JRSoul