2 dead, 3 injured in Pattaya Highway horror crash

webfact

2 dead, 3 injured in Pattaya Highway horror crash

crash-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 32 year old woman and 4 year old child were killed and 3 others were injured after a car came off the main carriageway of Highway 36 in East Pattaya after the driver was suspected of falling asleep at the wheel.

Police and rescue services were called to the Highway just after 7.30 am on Sunday and dealt with the accident which involved a Chevrolet Aveo car driven by Khun Pitak aged 32 who was taking his family back to Rayong Province from Amnat Jaleun Province in East Thailand.

Source: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/114120/2-dead-3-injured-in-pattaya-highway-horror-crash/
pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-01-06

Seat belts? Government needs to blah blah blah and police should woof woof woof. Friend's pregnant wife and baby killed due to "driver error": that guy was fined all of 1,500 baht. And since they didn't die at the scene, I am sure not included in Thailand's traffic fatality list. Those who should make a difference (but don't) are far beyond any disparaging label available in any language.

Edited by Emster23
  • Like 1

Australia has

STOP

REVIVE

SURVIVE

drummed into their heads all the time

also

look to the left

look to the right

look to the again

then cross the road

maybe the powers that be should drum this into every ones head

The "driver reviver" stops were all over the place during Christmas and New Year - around Surin anyway.

Put aside drunk driving for a moment, many many accidents are happening when the drivers are falling asleep. Again, common sense should, but does not, prevail.

I would be heartless to say "serves the driver right", but there are many innocent victims to this, i.e. the child and the other injured partys in this particular accident.

When I have been driving and start to feel drowsy, I'll pull over straight away. I'm not super-smart, just have a sense of self-preservation.

The death stats on Thai roads are just unbelievable.

And as I've said before, no-one cares.

If the government cared, they'd address the problems of being drunk at the wheel, and fatigue. They don't.

If the drivers see fit to be drunk or sleepy, so be it. This is Thailand. Just a pity innocent people get injured.

• Like 1

Learnt long ago to pull of the road and have a short nap if i was tired. Even when 15 minutes from

my destination. Tragic, RIP.

I do the same, a 10 to 20 minute nap can restore you and what is 10 to 20 minutes added to your journey compared to your life