House dog on the moo bann (housing estate) street.

As I understand, every Moobaan should have a set of rules and regulations that all owners agree to follow when they sign the contract. These rules are similar to the rules for condos. I think these rules and regulations are registered with the land office. I have seen some examples of such regulations and they all include how to properly take care of pets in the moobaan.

There should be a board or committee that collects fees from owners for such matters as gardening, guards, roads cleaning, street lights electric cost and minor maintenance. This board or committee is also responsible for enforcing the rules and regulations for the Moobaan.

The developer may still be taking care of these things as opposed to a elected committee, usually because of lack of interest from the owner community, in which case the developer may be making of with quiet a handsome annual profit from the community fees.

• Like 1

Well done !

What is it with motorcycle taxi's ? .. I had an "event" the other week, a Honda service center mechanic made a mistake and damaged my property, a discussion ensued on the street, suddenly theres a motorcycle taxi driver telling someone to call the police .. like <deleted>.

• Like 1

As people keep asking..I've been here for 30 years. 28 years in the same house, alone now as the missus left (good riddance) and the kids are all grown up and moved away (sob sob).

I'm the longest resident of the village and am pretty well known to be fair and reasonable.

Edited by Keesters
  • Like 1

As I understand, every Moobaan should have a set of rules and regulations that all owners agree to follow when they sign the contract. These rules are similar to the rules for condos. I think these rules and regulations are registered with the land office. I have seen some examples of such regulations and they all include how to properly take care of pets in the moobaan.

There should be a board or committee that collects fees from owners for such matters as gardening, guards, roads cleaning, street lights electric cost and minor maintenance. This board or committee is also responsible for enforcing the rules and regulations for the Moobaan.

The developer may still be taking care of these things as opposed to a elected committee, usually because of lack of interest from the owner community, in which case the developer may be making of with quiet a handsome annual profit from the community fees.

Not a bad idea but the moo baan I live in has long past that stage. Being almost thirty years old it has been adopted by the city. What we have is a decent type of people who take good care of their dogs. It is an unwritten rule that everyone keeps their dogs behind gates, exercises them properly and cleans up any mess made by them. It works and has worked for years. We even have one house that is a rescue shelter for dogs. Presently she has 14 dogs all well cared for and never to be seen or heard except when passing by taking a dog for a walk. A few small gaps in her fencing allow some of her dogs a restricted street view. No problem. Pass by and the barking stops. However this tranquil situation was altered as soon as the new residents arrived. They have now been told to conform.

As an original owner, the last one, I had translated the contract that was made between the developers and purchasers. Nothing about dogs but quite clear was that it was for residential use only, no business activities. So far we have 2 laundries and a beauty salon. Nothing too disastrous. Wait till we get a smelly or noisy business then there will be trouble. Unfortunately the restrictions on use made by the developers are not carried forward to second, third etc purchasers of the property. Liens I think is the correct term.

Have some yelping problems myself in our small Moban, mostly when the dog is left alone in an empty house. But every morning about 6AM to 6.20AM when the Monks do their rounds the old lady across from me ties up her two dogs for about 20 minutes then all hell breaks loose, they go crazy (the dogs not the monks), while she is praying to them (the monks not the dogs). Wouldn't you think that after years of this event every morning the dogs would cop on that it is only for a short time, just as well I rise about 5.30 AM. But I'll tell you what I never hear....owners in Thailand talking sternly to their dogs. I am almost sure if she let a stern "shut up" or it's Thai equivalent, they would stop immediately. Dogs know for sure when their owner is angry with them, but she seems totally oblivious to their noise.

One other thing about your everyday inexpensive Thai restaurant....did you ever find yourself approaching one for a quick nosh only to be almost attacked by their dog and again, not as much as a "Quite" from the owners.

Since Siam became Thailand such restaurants must have lost at least one customer over this ....but they still leave them roaming around the restaurant area???????

I do not understand these people who do not stand up for their rights. Claims that something bad will happen to the OP are misplaced. It is very rare that anything would happen. They will hate the OP and give him bad looks, but that is about the end of it. Eventually they nasty neighbours will move on.

if his neighbors find out he is calling them low class from issan and people from Bangkok are better than them .

Good job. Foul-mouthed bores reside world-wide and they seem to prefer keeping ill mannered dogs to compliement their defective behaviors.

Working with the city officials is the way to go. I've done similarly in concerning a noise problem and it was resolved satisfactorily for all parties.

Peaceful Sleeping.

• Like 1

I respect the OP for standing up for what is right. I live in a newer upscale village in Udon Thani, and when I purchased the home the developer was still selling homes and appeared to be maintaining the village properly. Little did I know that when he "sold out" the community would be put to a vote to see if they wanted to establish a homeowner's association for the purpose of maintaining the village or turn it over to the local municipality for maintenance. In the end they voted to go to the municipality and now the village is going to hell in a hand basket. The dogs roam the streets and pull all the garbage out of the bins at night, so there's trash all over the place. The dogs s**t all over the park and children's playground, and the pool and clubhouse have been closed indefinitely. There are no rules and nobody to enforce them, so the dogs are taking over the peace of the neighborhood and the Thais just don't seem to be bothered by it. I've endured the endless barking at night for three years now, and I feel totally helpless to do anything about it. Two close neighbors in particular have dogs that howl all hours of the night and I never get a good night's sleep. I have wanted to approach those neighbors on several occasions, but I suppose I am consumed by the fear of the unknown. I just don't understand the Thais and have no confidence that they will respond in a rational manner. Plus, I have let it go now for so long that I'm not sure if I could approach them with any degree of civility. I am absolutely enraged over their robbing me of my peace and privacy. I just don't know what's worse...the dogs barking all night or this feeling of total helplessness. My wife wouldn't dare confront the neighbors, so I guess I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. More power to you OP!

• Like 2

Good on you for standing up for what is right and don't worry about the repercussions if they are any in the first place. As long as you know you haven't done anything wrong, then there is nothing to be frightened off.

You might also want to take note that you can complain to the PCD (Pollution Control Department), you can google for their website and they will handle all sorts of complains from noise pollution to especially for this that are unhygenic.

I had a problem once where the bar across my house kept throwing their commercial rubbish over at my house and I got the PCD to handle the situation. In the end, the bar was made to close and there is no repercussion even to this day.

• Like 1

if his neighbors find out he is calling them low class from issan and people from Bangkok are better than them .

I have never said that. Low and high-class exist in all areas of the world. Personally I hate Bangkok but have to particular swing towards its residents. There is good and bad all around us.