Timetable for Phuket Heroines statue arrival announced

Lite Beer

Timetable for Phuket Heroines statue arrival announced
Wiparatana Nathalang

1389077485_1.jpg

Taweechat Intaralit, from the Phuket Culture Department

PHUKET: A large statue depicting Phuket’s two Heroines, the sisters Thao Thepkrasattri and Thao Srisunthorn, and seven of their closest supporters in the victory over Burmese forces in 1785, will be at the centre of a celebratory procession from the very north of Phuket to Saphan Hin on January 29.

At a meeting yesterday (January 6) at Provincial Hall, it was announced that the great bronze statue will arrive from Ang Thong, where it is being cast, on January 27.

It will stay at the Tha Chat Chai checkpoint until the auspicious time, 9:09 on January 29, when the procession will begin.

At Saphan Hin the statue will be displayed at the stage area and in the evening a “salute” ceremony at which local people can welcome the statue with offerings of flowers.

The following day, also starting at 9:09 am, the statue will be taken back up the island to Thalang, where it will be installed in the Phuket Historical Park in Baan Riang, just west of Thalang Town.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/timetable-for-phuket-heroines-statue-arrival-announced-43888.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-01-07

Why do they show us the picture of this man and not the picture of the statue?

Anyway.....I must update my knowledge of Thai history and their heroic achievements.

I think it says something about cultural orientation and or intellectual perspective. Edited by DeeMockMark