Bangkok immigration opens additional offices during demonstrations

Announcement

ADDITIONAL OFFICES DURING THE DEMONSTRATION SITUATION

Due to the demonstration, please be known that Immigration Services for all foreigners are also provided at ::

1. Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Major Hollywood Suksawat, 1st Floor,
Suksawat Road, Ratburana, Bangkok. Click here to view a map
2. Immigration Service Center for 3 national Legalized Labors, Imperial World Ladprao, 5th Floor,
Ladprao Road, Wang Tong Lang, Bangkok. Click here to view a map

This temporary service will be started from January 13rd, 2014 until the better situation. We apologize for inconvenience.

Service time : Mon – Fri : 10.30 – 18.30 . Closed on OFFICIAL HOLIDAYS
For more information call 1111 or click here for show details

move13dec2014_E.JPG

--------------------------

BANGKOK SHUTDOWN
Immigration dept makes temporary arrangements for foreigners

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The immigration office announced on Wednesday that it was making services available for all foreigners at additional offices as a result of the upcoming demonstrations.

From January 13 until further notice, services will be available at Immigration Service Centre on the first floor of Major Hollywood Suksawat in Ratburana district as well as at the Immigration department on the fifth floor of Imperial World Lat Phrao, Wang Tong Lang district.

Both offices are open Monday to Friday from 10.30am to 6.30pm. They are closed on official holidays. For more information, call 1111.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-08

• Like 2

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost certain that the road entry points to the Government Offices complex will be blocked at the CW entrance and the rear. Will Imperial World carry out all Immigration matters or only 90 day reports. I need to pick up my one year extension of stay next Monday.

How about exclude the shut down days from the stay duration? I bet it is not going to happen in 100 years.

If your permission to stay ends on a day immigration is closed (weekends/holidays) you can ask for an extension the first day they are open again and will not be fined for overstay.

With the protest it seem immigration has ofices open, so there is no reason not to show up.

• Like 1

I presume, pending any further news, that folks who normally mail-in their 90 day reports to CW Immigration in BKK ought to be able to continue to do so.

And, the announcements above don't mention anything at all about those two additional locations providing for mail-in reporting.

Unless anyone knows anything different on this.

Well, the English translator of MCOT finally has a reason to feel smug.

Can someone please tell me what "3 national Legalized Labors" means?

I live near the one on Lat Phrao 101, it is for workers (labourers/laborers) from Loas, Myanmar and Cambodia. Hope that helps?

Great that everyone knows now - including protesters - they can also go cause havoc at the new "temp offices" - clever !!!!

This whole notice kind of shuts up the they don't want us people.

I find it very hard to believe that Suthep would do some thing to give the impression that foreigners were not wanted.

I have yet to see him on TV in a red shirt, urging violence or talking against foreigners.

Maybe if I understood Thai. But my wife would sure let me know if he was to say some thing to that affect.

Ok so you are saying if i go to Imperial World Ladprao, 5th Floor tomorrow, I can get my 90-day report done there?

Has it really been open to all foreigners since 2nd january? Can't find that information on any of the official links.

Thanks

Ok so you are saying if i go to Imperial World Ladprao, 5th Floor tomorrow, I can get my 90-day report done there?

Has it really been open to all foreigners since 2nd january? Can't find that information on any of the official links.

Thanks

As reported on here last year http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/691692-additional-offices-for-90-day-reporting-in-bangkok/?utm_source=newsletter-20131225-1446&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

Thanks

As reported on here last year http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/691692-additional-offices-for-90-day-reporting-in-bangkok/?utm_source=newsletter-20131225-1446&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

Thankyou :)

• Like 1

How about exclude the shut down days from the stay duration? I bet it is not going to happen in 100 years.

If your permission to stay ends on a day immigration is closed (weekends/holidays) you can ask for an extension the first day they are open again and will not be fined for overstay.

With the protest it seem immigration has ofices open, so there is no reason not to show up.

Opening immigration offices will not open the roads. Good luck to everyone who needs 90 days.

Edited by JHenry

VERY STRANGE!!!!

There's an article in the BKK Post today with the Immigration commander talking about plans to keep the Suan Plu office open on Monday. But if things go south such as their electric and water being cut off, that they're planning to use the Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon Immigration offices as backup services for folks in BKK.

The strange part is, the article makes zero mention of Chaeng Wattana or the other two temporary Immigration service locations that have been set up and are referenced in the OP of this thread.... Huh????

VERY STRANGE!!!!

There's an article in the BKK Post today with the Immigration commander talking about plans to keep the Suan Plu office open on Monday. But if things go south such heir electric and water being cut off, that they're planning to use the Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon Immigration offices as backup services for folks in BKK.

The strange part is, the article makes zero mention of Chaeng Wattana or the other two temporary Immigration service locations that have been set up and are referenced in the OP of this thread.... Huh????

Info posted here is from immigration website.

Reference to Suan Plu is for his office and IDC.

Perhaps other offices mentioned is just a contingency plan if 2 locations mentioned in OP have problems.

I presume, pending any further news, that folks who normally mail-in their 90 day reports to CW Immigration in BKK ought to be able to continue to do so.

And, the announcements above don't mention anything at all about those two additional locations providing for mail-in reporting.

Unless anyone knows anything different on this.

AFAIK, 90-day reports still had to be mailed to CW during the previous blockade. However, this does raise the fundamental question of the extent to which postal deliveries to CW (and, for that matter, to embassies near the other protest sites) would be likely disrupted (at best) or completely suspended (at worst) during a prolonged blockade this time round. Any news from Thailand Post on this?

Well, if Immigration staff can't get to work at Chaeng Wattana because of protests to deal with walk-in traffic and/or mail processing, then it doesn't much matter whether the mail is able to be delivered there or not.

Presumably, if the office can't be opened and/or the mail can't be delivered to that location for some days, Thai Post would hold it and/or reroute it as directed by Immigration.

Admittedly, a lot of presumptions, because, it's pretty hard to know what will ensue come Monday and thereafter.

For folks who want to go to Imperial World Big C, I did a pretty detailed write up here on the whole experience w/photos:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/685784-bangkok-immigration-opens-temporary-office-announcement/page-4#entry7139704

(The whole thread is actually very helpful.)

One thing to note: the intersection near the Mo Chit BTS station is one that will be shut down, so it might not be a good idea to take the BTS to Mo Chit and then transfer to a bus like I did.