The folly of adding name to blue tabian baan

I know, this subject been done many time before, the other day, went to the Wattana Amphe office

in Soi Thonglor, to put my name on my condo's blue book, Oh, not so quick, says the glum looking

official and gave me a list of things to prepare,

as it turned out, I need to professionally translate my passport and have the translation verified and

endorsed by the foreign ministry, than arrange for 2 Thai witness who know me very well to come

for an interview in 4 months time from now as the up coming elections are in the way and they can

only interview 2 applicants per day, (must be hard work to ask few questions and look at some docs)

in the interview, he's going to ask me about my history and family history and a whole host of other

qualifying questions to be able to put my name on a condo that I have owned for year now,

Mind you, all of info I'm getting while seeing this fella in person, in Thai, and strangely enough for

an area that thousand of foreigners owns property there, not one word in English is to be seen

in that Amphe office, much less forms in English or any other language for that matter,

Unless you have PR you will be added to the yellow book, which is for foreigners.

As to the usefullness, it is proof of residency for the government and if married to a Thai it opens the way to apply for Tai nationality without needing PR first.

From reading the OP I can assume that most likely he will be getting a yellow book since it involves passport translation, witnesses and interview.. Usually they ask for passport sized photos as well.

Edited by kotsak

Adding ones name to a blue book saves a lot of hassles when applying for local permits

such the yearly international driveling license, visa applications abroad, banking

and whole host of other applications whereby you're looked at more favorably

if you can show that you're not a tourist of some sort and you have a permanent

resident in Thailand, the nature of the beast, and as a single guy, I have to do all

the applying and talking with the authorities by my self, and having such document

will help...I hope..

From reading the OP I can assume that most likely he will be getting a yellow book since it involves passport translation, witnesses and interview.. Usually they ask for passport sized photos as well.

I was lead to believe that it is a blue book, and yes, they ask for photos as well, dose the yellow

book have a photo in it? because the blue book doesn't...