You've gotta love it.

longstebe

<deleted>? Wow... rent it to me when ur done.

No probs mate.

I've just helped another fellow farang to find a house to rent (it wasn't difficult, pretty much opposite to me) and he will pay 5500 baht per month for a 3 bedroom furnished house.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Compared to Perth.au, most places are cheap. Yes, for sure, Thailand is still cheap, and as long as you don't fall for the new farang habit of spending big to impress yourself, and your lady, and everyone else you meet (the Brits seem most prone to this, but that could just be me), it is a great place to live. Kudos!

• Like 1

It is great! Granted, B5k is my rent max, but I found a great room that is luxurious and CLEAN and QUIET near BTS On Nut, so I have everything I need in an easy motocy B10 ride. The venders all know me and treat me fairly, show concern, and the old women dote over me like a son. I am not in a Western land, for sure :)

Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

<deleted> ...if i wanted to exist like a Thai i would live with the Wifes family ...I DONT I want to live like a first World citizen ..not exist

Ooooooo ya miserable sod. A haircut is a haircut mate, c'mon.

First world citizens would jump at the chance to pay £1 for a haircut and just over £2 for a 2.5 hr journey on a bus. I have a car and a motorbike but I chose to visit another city and have a few pints whilst I was there.

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^ Ha ha I'm not that bad. 3 bedroom house in Sakon city 14500 baht for 3 months. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is Sakon a safe area? How about the Muslim problem? is there enough about the place to keep you interested?

There seem to be two places with the same name... One in isaan (wikipaedia speaks of this one), and one in Saturn which is the only one google maps can suggest... Where are you living exactly?

<deleted> ...if i wanted to exist like a Thai i would live with the Wifes family ...I DONT I want to live like a first World citizen ..not exist

Ooooooo ya miserable sod. A haircut is a haircut mate, c'mon.

First world citizens would jump at the chance to pay £1 for a haircut and just over £2 for a 2.5 hr journey on a bus. I have a car and a motorbike but I chose to visit another city and have a few pints whilst I was there.

More than two years ago, it cost me over eight GBP for a Thirty mile bus journey in Scotland, the owner of that bus company is worth many millions of GBP, and has been to see the Queen for a Knighthood.

^^^^^^^^ Ha ha I'm not that bad. 3 bedroom house in Sakon city 14500 baht for 3 months. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is Sakon a safe area? How about the Muslim problem? is there enough about the place to keep you interested?

There seem to be two places with the same name... One in isaan (wikipaedia speaks of this one), and one in Saturn which is the only one google maps can suggest... Where are you living exactly?

Uranus perhaps....... or Mars

Edited by eddie61

Don't think I've ever seen any Muslims up here in Sakon Nakhon. It's safe as houses up here I would say, as for keeping yourself interested/occupied, that's all down to the individual. There's a couple of golf courses, Nam Pung dam, Lake Nong Han, Phu Phan National park, and a couple of farang hideouts.

Uranus perhaps....... or Mars

I see eddie is on fire today!!!

I would suggest to those who have some fear of Muslims that they perhaps go meet some? Generally they are decent gracious people, have good values, and seem to be more mentally agile than the norm. I lived in Phra Kanong near the mosque. My only complaint was the fact that condo I rented was on 7th floor, about level with speakers calling to prayer, but you can get used to many irritants. Maybe being in a minority, they have some sympathy for a farang like myself. And could get some good Southern Thai food, which makes standard Thai seem almost like English fare... The idiot grenade thrower that blew his own leg off was from Iran, can't really hold that against the locals.

• Like 2

Benz / BMW 200% import tax

<3

Sorry to correct you but any motor import is 300% import tax (unless it has changed lately)

A bottle of wine is 400% import tax (if imported for re-sale)

Go the Thai's, great way to protect local wine makers and car makers (not)

Benz / BMW 200% import tax

<3

Sorry to correct you but any motor import is 300% import tax (unless it has changed lately)

A bottle of wine is 400% import tax (if imported for re-sale)

Go the Thai's, great way to protect local wine makers and car makers (not)

Hope you're not an authority on the Thai taxation system...

LOL ... I am doing the 3 bedroom/3bath on two... rai In the City (by Udon Airport). My price 2500 baht a month or 7500 for 3 months. You are paying tourist prices.... (kidding..)