At least two injured in two shooting incidents near Bangkok rally site

webfact

We all knew this was coming, with redshirts being unleashed.....

Oh thats original

Thanks !!!! Many people predicted this outcome, so really no great surprise to see it.

Pretty sure we are going to see the last gasp of the Thaksin / Redshirt alliance,

and it is not going to be pretty. Power hungry leaders seem to go to great lengths

to hold onto power.......

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever said "Red Shirts are peaceful people" better get their heads out of their arse. Now I know some will say how do we know they were Red Shirts? Well, who else is there? Red Shirts fighting with protesters in Phathum Thani yesterday comes to mind.

I personally I think all groups need to get off their "my way or the highway" attitude and start thinking about how they can solve the problem of the country as a whole. Wishful thinking....but it IS possible.

No they would not agree this is red shirt in action but Suthep plan to invite the military coop. I am going sick of writing in TVF.

Stop writing then. easy job done.

Yo MRJlh I think you are completely wrong this time. I'll bet it was people from the deep south that suthep brought up there.

• Like 1

Seriously odd that The Nation will give updated reports on conflict/casualties (as it should), but decline to cover the Robert Amsterdam piece discussed at length in the Bangkok Post and the Thai langauge press. What is it about the story that The Nation deems not newsworthy?

Could it be because Amsterdam is Thaksins paid PR man therefore what he writes is not news but PR.

While he is Thaksin's lawyer, every other news service ran with the story ( and included the rebuttal from the military). Why the silence from The Nation?

• Like 2

Seriously odd that The Nation will give updated reports on conflict/casualties (as it should), but decline to cover the Robert Amsterdam piece discussed at length in the Bangkok Post and the Thai langauge press. What is it about the story that The Nation deems not newsworthy?

Could it be because Amsterdam is Thaksins paid PR man therefore what he writes is not news but PR.

The crim from Dubai got to where he is today using BS, not PR.

Apparently the old saying "crime doesn't pay" was right after all. clap2.gif

Whoever said "Red Shirts are peaceful people" better get their heads out of their arse. Now I know some will say how do we know they were Red Shirts? Well, who else is there? Red Shirts fighting with protesters in Phathum Thani yesterday comes to mind.

I personally I think all groups need to get off their "my way or the highway" attitude and start thinking about how they can solve the problem of the country as a whole. Wishful thinking....but it IS possible.

Quite an in accurate generalization, Yes some red shirt supporters are more extreme in the actions than others, this is also true of yellow shirts and Suthep's supporters, Now I most defiantly do not have my head in my arse, and I personally know many PTP supporters that are very peaceful, kind, and generous, polite people, and the same for those I know that support yellow shirts, That is a fair balanced and unbiased stance.

So, Mrjih, It seems that some people that make generalizations that are factually wrong obviously have their collective heads in their arse as you put it...

You just need to take a moment and think why the PTP supporters are so frustrated, this is how many times that a democratically elected PM and government has had overthrow attempts coup, and removed so that another political party and PM can be put in place that suits the interests of a few, Just think, was Mark elected by a general election???

Mark was elected the same way the Thaksin stogie government before him was also elected. The interests of a few?

We all knew this was coming, with redshirts being unleashed.....

Oh thats original

Thanks !!!! Many people predicted this outcome, so really no great surprise to see it.

Pretty sure we are going to see the last gasp of the Thaksin / Redshirt alliance,

and it is not going to be pretty. Power hungry leaders seem to go to great lengths

to hold onto power.......

especially when they are the legally elected government and will be again after the next election . the power hungry opposition who is supported by the army is just badly done by and there solution is a dictatorship

Yingluck assures safety for Bangkokians during protest

She put Chaleum in charge (his words) the shooting esculate and the renowned caretaker PM assures the people of Bangkok will be safe.

The height of this charade will be when they name the home address of those injured/killed as being from outside Bangkok. Then the Foreign minister, man of many talents can point the fikkle finger at the third parties,

Gunfire and explosions at Democracy Monument leave five wounded

1-11-2014-10-21-22-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Five anti-government protesters were injured by gunshots and explosions which happened before dawn near the site where several thousands of protesters were gathering to hear their leaders giving speeches demanding the ouster of the caretaker prime minister.

The five injured were admitted to Ramathibodi and Central hospitals. Doctors said now condition of all the injured are safe.

According to guards providing security for protesters, gunshots and explosions were heard in front of Rattanakosin hotel on Rajadamnoen Avenue where several protesters were gathering.

They said gunman riding on the pillion of a motorcycle fired several shots and the protesters while riding down the Pinkklao bridge at about 2.00.a.m.

Meanwhile at 4.00.explosions and gunshots were also heard near Yaek Kokwua intersection. In both incidents five protesters were injured, the guards said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gunfire-explosions-democracy-monument-leave-five-wounded/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-11

Gunmen fire on Thai anti-government protest: police

BANGKOK, January 11, 2014 (AFP) - Several Thai anti-government protesters were wounded after gunmen opened fire on a rally site in Bangkok, authorities said Saturday, as tensions rise ahead of a planned city-wide "shutdown" to heap more pressure on the caretaker government.

The kingdom is the grip of a political crisis that has led to parliament being dissolved amid mass protests to topple Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and end the influence on Thai politics of her wildly divisive brother, Thaksin.

Protesters are seeking to block a snap election called for February 2, and want Yingluck to resign immediately.

One protester was seriously wounded after unknown gunmen fired their weapons at the protesters' main rally site in the capital in two separate attacks early Saturday, Thai police told AFP.

"The first attack occurred at 2.30am (local time) wounding two people, including a protest security guard. The second took place a few hours later wounding five protesters," according to Police Lieutenant General Prawut Thavornsiri of the Royal Thai Police.

The toll was confirmed by the city's Erawan emergency medical centre, who said one man remained in a "critical condition".

Eight people, including a policeman, have been killed and dozens injured in street violence in recent weeks, and the government has voiced fears of more bloodshed as protesters refuse to back down in their efforts to oust the Shinawatras.

Authorities have raised fears that a planned "shutdown" by the anti-government protesters on Monday could lead to more violence.

One company of soldiers was deployed at each of 37 locations -- including government offices -- across the capital on Friday night, an army spokesman told AFP.

Thousands of police are also expected to keep the peace.

The head of Thailand's powerful army called for calm ahead of Monday's action.

"I'm concerned about security as many people will come (on Monday) and violence has happened throughout (the protests)," Army chief General Prayut Chan-O-Cha told reporters on Saturday.

"I want to tell all sides not to clash with each other... we are all Thais and we can live together despite our differences," he said.

Prayut also urged Thais to "solve the problems of Thai people" in an apparent rebuttal of concerns voiced by the international community at the deteriorating political situation.

United Nations' chief Ban Ki-moon on Friday called for "restraint" from all sides, expressing fears the situation "could escalate in the days ahead".

Thailand has experienced several bouts of political violence since Thaksin was ousted as prime minister by royalist generals in 2006.

The billionaire tycoon fled the kingdom in 2008 to dodge jail for a corruption conviction that he says was politically motivated.

He is hated by the anti-government protesters, who say his money has poisoned Thailand's politics, but draws strong loyalty from the northern half of the country.

The protesters want to suspend Thailand's democracy to allow reforms aimed at rooting out his influence.

But his sister Yingluck's Puea Thai party is expected to win the February election if it goes ahead.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-01-11

Watch this before it's removed:

"

Was that video done by North Korea's propaganda department? You can't attack police officer with Molotov cocktails and expect them not to fight back. That video is portraying the police as the bad guys and protesters as heros, when its really the other way around.

So your saying the police are the good guys? How's that?

Many will say the Red Shirts are responsible. But they are more than just Red Shirts who hate Suthep and his southern thugs coming to their city and destroying it. Many citizens of the city are upset and angry and can't take it anymore.

So the protestors are all thugs and all come from the South.

I guess your a selective reader.

I thought it said 2 were shot, but the article says one shot and one hit from a fragment of a bomb. Well that what they get from brining people from the deep south up there. And more will happen.

Are you saying that northerners can come to Bangkok but not southerners?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Watch this before it's removed:

"
Was that video done by North Korea's propaganda department? You can't attack police officer with Molotov cocktails and expect them not to fight back. That video is portraying the police as the bad guys and protesters as heros, when its really the other way around.

So your saying the police are the good guys? How's that?

Because they do their job?

They are supposed to prevent thugs from destroying property and prevent thugs from throwing Molotov cocktails in the middle of the day in the city.

Get it?

• Like 1

Many will say the Red Shirts are responsible. But they are more than just Red Shirts who hate Suthep and his southern thugs coming to their city and destroying it. Many citizens of the city are upset and angry and can't take it anymore.

What nonsense.

Destroyed the city? Rubbish.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app