Thai Army strongly slams Thaksin’s lawyer, Robert Amsterdam

webfact

Abhisit was elected the same exact way as Yingluck. As a party list MP. Google can be your friend, I suggest you take advantage of it and then come back and post.

Who are you talking to with your post?

Certainly you are not expecting the people who live in Thailand to have forgotten the coups and the Captain and the court put in by the coup then throwing out a PM for doing a talk show and then and then and then.

Man up and admit you do not want a democracy where the Reds can win.

Endless games make this stuff comical.

BUT honestly, if the Reds ever were to get full control of the nation including the army, then posting such nonsense could land one in deep trouble as a government propagandist.

What nation would you move to?

Maybe you're ignorant of the fact but the reds aren't a political party and therefore can't win much more than a game of skittles

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I note you are posting insults, rather grumpy today for some reason ? whistling.gif

ps in case you hadnt noticed this red faction you clearly hate so much has won every single election in the past decade or so. Kinda funny to get beaten every time by the common working class but very very poetic

That is a lie worthy of a Fab 4 fabrication, the PTP have actually lost 5 of the last 6 By-elections.

• Like 1

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PPP government were elected in December 2007. The conviction was in October 2008. A bit more than a month.

I'm not sure how you can say it was "ramrodded through by a non-democratically installed, biased government".

I was referring to when his brother in law became PM. Proxy government is not a validated term without proof.

It is clear the agenda of the Thai court justices follows no government or constitution in place. They were after Thaksin no matter what.

Still not sure how the conviction was "ramrodded through by a non-democratically installed, biased government" 10 months after the PPP had got in to government.

The counter-balance in fortune of Senor Amsterdam's two highest profile clients is fascinating. As Khun T lay back in his gilded golden chair preparing for his 20 year rule and looting spree, poor Khordokovsky was beginning his stint in the Russian gulags. Fast forward a decade and Khordokovsky is on his uppers, released from chokey and re-amassing his fortune and international accolades while Khun T is seeing his families grip on the finances and power over a sovereign nation slip away through his fingers and is powerless to stop it.

The ebb and flow of the fortunes of crooks. A chapter you will not be reading in the latest hardcover from red journalist and rally brawler.

• Like 1

There has to be an unseen pressure on the Thai Junta which previously would have simply shutoff the media, turned off the internet sights, and taken over the TV stations with a Captain saying he was in control.

Can you imagine it.

A captain in control with hundreds of Thai generals around?

And yet, he was rewarded and I am sure he was following orders so there it goes.

But today?

Well the Red TV station up north is still on 24 hours a day.

Res are marching in the streets up North.

The Internet has not been shut down like so many sites were before.

Even here, the speech is more free than in the past to the credit of those at Thai visa.

So either the Yellow leaders have become more democratic or they are weaker than before. We know they are not democratic because they do NOT want an election so they are indeed weaker.

However, you can be sure that the pressure is on pushing for a general or will it be another Captain--to do another military coup.

The Problem--I said it before and was immediately attacked by a yellow for saying this--the problem is overthrowing a pretty woman would make the Thai military look like the one in Myanmar. Trade sanctions would follow rather quickly.

I mean President Obama did meet her. The UK hates this nonsense in Thailand from the Ruling class.

France of course hates it. The other two on the security council do not care--China and Russia. They might step aside and let the sanctions pass in the UN just for a simple trade of sorts from the west.

Thailand if it acts like Burma--will find its economy looking like the poor Burma economy.

Desperate are the yellows? Willing to become a rather poor nation? Prepared to say goodbye to all those tourists?

We shall see.

Throwing a woman PM in jail will go badly for The Thailand Elite.

ps in case you hadnt noticed this red faction you clearly hate so much has won every single election in the past decade or so. Kinda funny to get beaten every time by the common working class but very very poetic.

Depends on one's definition of 'election.' If your definition is: "a vote heavily influenced by hollow promises, as well as numerous cash payments to voters" - then yes, The Reds won some elections.

It is clear the agenda of the Thai court justices follows no government or constitution in place. They were after Thaksin no matter what.

Yes, Thai justices are subjective and highly influenced by political winds (and gifts?). Thaksin and his ex-wife were found guilty re; the real estate influence thing. It was a rsmall potatoes. The reason the real estate charge was pursued was because it was relatively easy to prove. There are several, much more grave charges that could be lodged against Thaksin, such as treason, sedition, and crimes against humanity, but they would entail mountains more evidence and wrangling. Indeed, they would be too much for Thai courts to handle (look at the the problems the Cambodians are having - trying to prosecute Khmer leaders). It would entail the greater prowess of International courts and jurists in the Hague, to prosecute Thaksin on his greater crimes. Will it happen? I hope so, but am not holding my breath.

Again western people show that they do not understand these things the same as Thai people. Th Thai army has long been a stable force in Thailand this is rooted in the time when the king very carefully co ordinated the army to fight against communism. The army has been called on time and time again to stabilise thailand against extreme forces.

You have the the law in the West which is a better system for you. We have the army that time has shown will ususally make the right decision with the main power of Thailand. if you consider every time there is army intervention what the outcome would be if they were NOT involved you will see that Thailand knows what it is doing. the Army had to remove Thaksin in 2006 they were part of the coupe to remove his criminal activities from Government. The Thai Army is NOT a Dictatorship it is our way of supporting the best form of Democracy we have.

We cannot count on elections to bring Democracy - Thai people know in the Northeast people are bribed and killed and beaten if they do not vote for Thaksin - yes many vote for him by choice but there is much intimidation. We also cannot allow our country to be run from Dubai by one with his own interests and egotistical above all else. That is why millions of Thai people are taking to the streets now - not only yellow and PAD.

As a US President is credited with saying - Democracy is 2 wolfes and a sheep fighting over what to eat for lunch - in the West the LAW prevents the wolfes from eating sheep - in our country time and time again it has been the Army.

It is good that Robert Amsterdam is there to keep the international community informed of what really happens.

Right, someone who is unbiased, not a party to proceedings, not gaining anything financially. Perhaps later he'll get paid by Pepsi to make comments about Coke.

Amsterdam belongs to a profession which could take the polar opposite sides of any argument. That's their job description. If the topic was "Is water wet?" He, being an adept wordsmith could convince a jury that; yes, indeed water is very wet, or on the other hand, could convince the same jury that water is never wet ....depending on which side is paying his salary.

In sum, you can't believe what an attorney says, even if you know who is buttering his toast. Attorneys are paid to convince, so right away, honesty goes out the window - if telling the truth is inconvenient.

That his top-paying client is a habitual liar - is coincidence.

• Like 1

Since when was it amsterdams place to blast the Thai army.

Oh yes, he is Thaksins mouthpiece so he is talking for the convicted crim.

How dare the army attempt to prevent the chosen one from returning to claim his rightful place as the dictator.

Just for the record he was voted in by winning the majority of the voters, sort of thing that happens in Europe and USA, now an example of what a dictator is take a look at North Korea.

Can really never be the place of the army to take this role. Obviously paving the way for a true dictator.

noun

• a ruler with total power over a country, typically one who has obtained control by force.

Just for the record. Buying your way to become PM has nothing to do with democracy.

How Thai tycoon Thaksin bought his way to power.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-KEwNQMQrw

http://asiafoundation.org/in-asia/2011/07/13/dark-reality-to-vote-buying-in-thailand/

Quite the contrary. I think this has a lot to do with democracy. Vote buying is illegal.

Excellent video. I love when Thaksin says his party doesn't engage in vote buying. Incredible.

• Like 1

How dare the army attempt to prevent the chosen one from returning to claim his rightful place as the dictator.

Just for the record he was voted in by winning the majority of the voters, sort of thing that happens in Europe and USA, now an example of what a dictator is take a look at North Korea.

Can really never be the place of the army to take this role. Obviously paving the way for a true dictator.

noun

• a ruler with total power over a country, typically one who has obtained control by force.
Just for the record. Buying your way to become PM has nothing to do with democracy.

How Thai tycoon Thaksin bought his way to power.

http://asiafoundation.org/in-asia/2011/07/13/dark-reality-to-vote-buying-in-thailand/

Quite the contrary. I think this has a lot to do with democracy. Vote buying is illegal.

Excellent video. I love when Thaksin says his party doesn't engage in vote buying. Incredible.

But surely nothing new or controversial in this.? Really, both sides? I got through 10 minutes of pretty pedestrian stuff. Is this the great expose? What's new?

noun

How Thai tycoon Thaksin bought his way to power.

But surely nothing new or controversial in this.? Really, both sides? I got through 10 minutes of pretty pedestrian stuff. Is this the great expose? What's new?

Show me a video with the PAD giving bribes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mr T is very very active: must have signed another bank transfer this week to his beloved lobbyists

Not a really good move to keep the army happy with lil sister and the family in the current context....

Its getting darker and darker everyday....

Mr T is very very active: must have signed another bank transfer this week to his beloved lobbyists

Not a really good move to keep the army happy with lil sister and the family in the current context....

Its getting darker and darker everyday....

Or it could also be a checker move from T team to try to put more pressure from International community onto the army....

Must be starting to be really afraid of a coup and try blame the army from abroad, hoping it might make them think twice....

(Sry for self quote, couldn't edit my own post.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yet another Farang try to exercise the so called "Human Right freedom of speech", just another yankees or half canadian or half of whatever try to make himself famous by criticize on others nation's country to benefit himself. Years of US democratic system is always clear, major mission of USA is - invasion and destroy other nation to make self nation proud. Please go around ask US citizens what they think of USA, answer would be ..."err....e,,mmmm,, we have soldier to kill all enemies to make our live safer", life is not safe enough for US citizens? what comes around goes around, In fact, USA create their own enemy to threaten thier own citizens. what the hell! god bless america, AGAIN.

Yet another Farang try to exercise the so called "Human Right freedom of speech", just another yankees or half canadian or half of whatever try to make himself famous by criticize on others nation's country to benefit himself. Years of US democratic system is always clear, major mission of USA is - invasion and destroy other nation to make self nation proud. Please go around ask US citizens what they think of USA, answer would be ..."err....e,,mmmm,, we have soldier to kill all enemies to make our live safer", life is not safe enough for US citizens? what comes around goes around, In fact, USA create their own enemy to threaten thier own citizens. what the hell! god bless america, AGAIN.

wrong topic

Your attempt to sound like someone from a non english speaking nation is so stupidly fake it is quite pathetic. Why do you do it?

Edited by GentlemanJim

That Robert Amsterdam has only being the advocate of the devils in this world, like Thaksin, Mughabe and other thugs

Amsterdam - the Devil's Advocate.

I think that's pure brilliance.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app