Member thaigerd - moving to RIP Group

LivinginKata

It is with great sadness that Thaivisa has been informed of the death of member thaigerd

We received this message from a friend 'Gerd passed away in the age of 57 on Jan. 02.2014 in Frankfurt'

Gerd signed up with Thaivisa back in the early days in 2003. First time I met him was in 2007 when he organised a 'Fishing Trip' for Thaivisa members. We all had a great day out in Dan's boat.

Back then Gerd worked for Thai Airlines at Phuket Airport in charge of the catering kitchens. Later he helped start a meat products supply company, I often saw him at the then New Villa Market in Chalong, sorting out his 2 meat counters. He was invited onto Thaivisa Moderator team to look after the food forum. I guess I had not seen him for at least a couple of years so it is a great shock to me to learn of his death at such a young age.

My condolences to his wife and family.

We worked together at that god awful "5" star resort in Rawai. Missed going to his house to play with Max the rottie and seeing his lovely wife.

He helped me with the so called tv sponsorship at friendship beach, back when Buckwheat (RIP) was also alive.

We lost touch a few years ago and wondered what happened to him. RIP

I too met Gerd many years ago at a Thai visa get-together at "The Black Sheep" in Patong. We met again, a couple of times, for a quiet beer with Donna, also a member here.

A lovely man. His name came up just recently in conversation, was wondering what had become of him.

RIP mate.

This is very sad news :(

When Gerd worked at Airport Catering, he used to drop by at my first hotel many times for a coffee and beer. He was always a very well-spoken and gentle man, with a great sense of humour. We spent many hours chatting about Phuket and Thai ladies!

RIP Gerd, very young to leave us

Simon

I too met Gerd many years ago at a Thai visa get-together at "The Black Sheep" in Patong. We met again, a couple of times, for a quiet beer with Donna, also a member here.

A lovely man. His name came up just recently in conversation, was wondering what had become of him.

RIP mate.

I was going to mention that conversation. Never met the guy but he always seemed very personable through his posts. I guess he had been fairly ill as have not seen him post for a couple of years. RIP Gerd.