Member thaigerd - moving to RIP Group

LivinginKata

It was me who informed George about Gerd has passed away.

Gerd was a very good friend.

The first time I met him was at Thaivisa Forum BBQ in Kata (Ratri Jazztaurant) a couple of years ago.

After he worked for Pacco (Phuket Airport Catering), he was GM of Jagota / Phuket, then worked for Bavarian Sausage Company / Phuket (bankrupt) and at last for Farang Food Paradise.

His condition deteriorated so that he can´t work anymore and he asked me for help, because of he had long time overstay already.

I´ve contacted the German TV and with the help of the German TV I was able to bring him to Frankfurt in February 2013, where some German social institutions took care for him.

On January 09.2014 I tried to call him in Frankfurt and was informed that he has succumbed to his illness on January 02.2014.

The funeral will take place on 29 January in Kassel / Germany where he was born.

After I have informed the German TV station about his death they decided not to show the report about his return to Germany in TV.

His Rottweiler "Max" died some weeks before he left Thailand (cancer) and the Boxer "Puean" died after traveled together with his girlfriend to Bangkok (circulatory failure).

The other Rottweiler "Lady" is still alive and stays in Bangkok.

His girlfriend now runs a small shop in Bangkok.

A very, very sad story sad.png

Thank´s to all for your sympathy.

Edited by Bagsida
  • Like 2

For me, the saddest part is knowing that he had been 'in difficulties' for such a long time, yet most of us were unaware.

I hadn't contacted Gerd since I went to work in Myanmar in April 2012. Never even thought that he might be ill :(

Simon

• Like 2

For me, the saddest part is knowing that he had been 'in difficulties' for such a long time, yet most of us were unaware.

I hadn't contacted Gerd since I went to work in Myanmar in April 2012. Never even thought that he might be ill sad.png

Simon

Gerd has not liked to talk about his problems.

Therefore, I only found out a few months later by its request for support from the actual situation.

Unable to work, without permit to stay in Thailand and without income as we all know he would have had no chance in Thailand, which is why I suggested to him to return to Germany.

It was the only chance he had and he knew it.

Tragic that he died for all so quickly and unexpectedly as a complete surprise, because after the treatments he had received in German hospitals it went to him, at least physically much better than with his departure from Thailand.

Although he had contact with his German family again and spent Christmas 2013 there, he has Thailand greatly missed.

In memory of our first meeting in 2007 a ​​photo of the Thai Visa BBQ in the appendix.

post-47256-0-09518700-1390098598_thumb.j

Edited by Bagsida
  • Like 1

Very sad. We worked together at a hotel. I wondered what happened to his wife and I am glad she is ok and in BKK. Both Max and Puean where lovely dogs. One of the kindest rotts I have ever met, Max was.

Can you say what was the illness?

Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

Can you say what was the illness?

Thanks for the update.

Please have understanding for I do not want to spread on the Internet more details about Gerd's last year.

Who actually knew him personally send PM to me and I will tell him my phone number for can get further informations.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, my Name is julia and i am the real daughter of Gerd. Is anyone here who can Tell which tv Station bagsida talked to ? I Never Stayed in contact with him.

It would be so Great if someone can help me. And please excuse my Not so Perfect english.

Greatings from Kassel/Germany

i just came across this thread. Gerd was my neighbor in Kathu 10 years ago. I wondered why he no longer posted on here. very sorry to hear about his death and the situation he had been in. i wish i would have known.