Anyone in CM who can fit baby seat into a car ?

mikemac

Does anyone know if there is a company who can fit baby seats to cars in Chiang Mai ?

My wife and I have a four month old boy and we want to take him down to Surin in a few weeks time to visit the Beverley Hillbillies (wife's family)

We need a good baby capsule and someone who can install it (properly)

Thanks, Mikemac

I don't understand the problem they come with instructions. Having said that they are so helpful at Central Kad Suan Geow kids department that I'm sure the girl would come with you to your car and fit it for you. It is a 2 minute job if the instructions are good.

Sorry, I did not explain my problem too well. I need to have belts fitted to the back seat of our pick-up to attach the baby seat, the car only has seatbelts for the front seats.

Put the baby seat in the front. Passenger seat, not the other one thumbsup.gif

Sorry, I did not explain my problem too well. I need to have belts fitted to the back seat of our pick-up to attach the baby seat, the car only has seatbelts for the front seats.

Oh please do not if the car has airbags :)

Oh please do not if the car has airbags smile.png

I doubt a 2 door pickup with no seat belts in the back has front passenger air bags.

And don't seats for 4 month olds face backwards?

Edited by MESmith

I'm not aware of any baby seats you can attach without either seatbelts or the isofix system (a special system for attaching childseats, google if you want to know more). If your car does not have seatbelts, it's unlikely to have the isofix system.

I would stay far away from the advice of putting the childseat in front unless you are sure the airbag system is not installed there, or unless it is disabled. This goes regardless of whether the childseat is facing front or back, which according to both experts and logic is not very relevant as far as the airbag system is concerned.

Sometimes installing seatbelts in the back can be an easy procedure, as sometimes the fittings are already there and you just need to buy the necessary belts, so take a look if you have not already. This was the case with my previous car, though that was not a pickup.

If there is no airbag system enabled, I would install the childseat in front, if seatbelts can not be installed in the back.

Edited by Awk