Thai Motorcycle Driver License

kevindorian

Heya all,

Been thinking of getting a motorcycle license had a few questions for those that have done it before. I will have to take the test at the office and wanted to know a few things

1. Do you need to book an appointment before hand or just show up early in the morning? and does anyone know the number or webpage?

2. I know there is a multiple choice test, and i hear there is a english video to watch before hand, anyone do this test? is there a guide available in English anywhere?

3. I know you need a Residency Certificate, copy of your passport, med certificate, do I need anything else?

Anyone that has gone through the process or could give me a few pointers that be great, I have researched it but there is a few versions of how it all works

Cheers and thanks

Edited by kevindorian

If you have researched it, then you should have all the info you need. (maybe several versions)

Just turn up early with all your docs and see how you go.

As always it depends on who you see at the time.

Good luck smile.png

PS don't forget your bike...

Edited by cornishcarlos

OP -

1 - Unless you speak Thai a number is not going to help. You cannot make an appointment. To be sure to complete best to turn up early.

2 - Fortunately I have not had to take this test - if you have a home country licence in English (or IDP) you may get away without it. If not there are several references available in the various threads.

3 - Copy of home country licence (if you have and even if only for car it is worth taking), copy of not just the detail page of your passport but entry stamp and the TM6 form.

Best of luck.

yes I have a car license from my home country but my motorbike one expired a while back and dont have one of those

I read if you have a license for a motorbike in your own country you dont have to take the test at all, but if you dont have one you got to take the test

will look into it more, was hoping someone on the forum has actually gone through the procedure, thanks for the replies so f ar