Truemove H keeps roaming

SailingHome

I'm back in BKK. Truemove sim was 299! Not a tourist sim either. It came with ZERO balance. <deleted>?

It keeps roaming even though it is activated (android) so I have to keep manually going in to mobile networks setting, waiting, then selecting true 3g as the network. It roams to some network with a number for a name. Any clues before I go to a shop?

More details rather than none would be helpful

My best guess: you need to manually configure the APN, but this is just my first guess as I do not even know what make/model phone you have?

If you have a 299 baht SIM it may have some level of voice (minutes) and data (1 GB? For 7 days?) loaded onto it. Again, just a guess as I do not know what the exact SIM plan/promotion is.

I might turn roaming off.

Sure can provide., wasn't sure what to list.

Roaming is off in the data settings so when it switches back to roaming I get a notification that I can not use data. Is there another roaming that I don't see?

Manually set apn to True as name and APN name. left all other settings default as don't know them, but net works - using now for this - when it stays not roaming.

Suspect 1 week net like you said, but calling promo check says nothing and no sms.

This is a MyPhone A919 Duo. Android 4.1.

Does that help?

Where did you buy the SIM? Do you have this one: http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/3g/sim-truemoveh/prepaid/entry/2269

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/642543-no-mobile-internet-on-gt-i9100-sgs2-and-true-h-sim/#entry6447312

Make sure you save the APN, select it, and re-start the phone.

Edited by lomatopo

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/642543-no-mobile-internet-on-gt-i9100-sgs2-and-true-h-sim/#entry6447312

Sorry, what are the problems you are facing? Or what questions do you have?

I didn't realize it was working, but now understand that it is working fine, so not sure what the issue(s) may be?

With TrueMove H (520-00) you might roam onto TrueMove (520-99), or RealFuture (520-04), even without having enabled roaming on your phone.

This sounds like a dual SIM model so maybe some unique characteristics associated with that feature: i.e. putting the SIM in the correct slot?

It looks like the Unlimited x3 299 baht SIM package comes with 500 MB of data and it has unlimited on-net calls (05:00 - 17:00) and unlimited on-net SMS, for 30 days. If you need more - like calling off-net - you'll need to add value.

Any details on the exact SIM/plan/promotion would help, obviously.

It looks like that model only supports 2100 megahertz 3G. So you may be hosed with truemove h. They mainly support 850 megahertz 3G, so you're bouncing around between 1800 MHz and maybe a little bit of 2100 3G. TrueMove H just doesn't have a lot of 2100 now. You may be better with DTAC or AIS as they have broad 2100 MHz coverage.

With TrueMove H (520-00) you might roam onto TrueMove (520-99), or RealFuture (520-04), even without having enabled roaming on your phone.

Are you saying if it roams, it will still be Truemove, just EDGE coverage? How do I enable internet for this kind of roaming?

Are you saying if it roams, it will still be Truemove, just EDGE coverage? How do I enable internet for this kind of roaming?

As far as I'm aware when you roam from True H you cannot enable internet on True move or 2g True.

Dtac tri-net on the other hand do this automatically. So no fiddling with settings. Oh and even on edge still fast enough for TV app.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Until such time as TrueMove's original GSM1800 MHz concession expires - originally 15 Sep 2013, given a life-line until 15 Sep 2014 - a TrueMove H SIM would be able to utilize the "old' TrueMove GSM1800 MHz network (for voice and 2G data), the CAT/850 MHz 3G network, the RealFuture 2100 MHz 3G/LTE network, assuming the device supported said frequencies and your account was provisioned for them.

Since the OP's device supports GSM1800, and 3G 2100 MHz, it will utilize those networks, without any user intervention, assuming a properly configured APN. So the OP's phone is primarily using the old TrueMove GSM1800 MHz network, for voice and 2G data, except in those locations, very few so far, where TrueMove H/Real Future have 3G/2100 MHz.

The OP would be better off with DTAC or AIS, both of which have far more 3G/2100 MHz coverage.

Yes.

No need to enable anything.

Edited by lomatopo

Until such time as TrueMove's original GSM1800 MHz concession expires - originally 15 Sep 2013, given a life-line until 15 Sep 2014 - a TrueMove H SIM would be able to utilize the "old' TrueMove GSM1800 MHz network (for voice and 2G data), the CAT/850 MHz 3G network, the RealFuture 2100 MHz 3G/LTE network, assuming the device supported said frequencies and your account was provisioned for them.

Since the OP's device supports GSM1800, and 3G 2100 MHz, it will utilize those networks, without any user intervention, assuming a properly configured APN. So the OP's phone is primarily using the old TrueMove GSM1800 MHz network, for voice and 2G data, except in those locations, very few so far, where TrueMove H/Real Future have 3G/2100 MHz.

The OP would be better off with DTAC or AIS, both of which have far more 3G/2100 MHz coverage.

Yes.

No need to enable anything.

On my true 3h it never works on 2g edge when roaming

Understood. Your phone – Moto G - based on your sig – supports 3G/850 MHz so you are unlikely to be in a location where you do not have CAT/850, but do have GSM1800. Were this to happen, you would fall back to GSM1800.

Edited by lomatopo

Understood. Your phone – Moto G - based on your sig – supports 3G/850 MHz so you are unlikely to be in a location where you do not have CAT/850, but do have GSM1800. Were this to happen, you would fall back to GSM1800.

Sorry. To be clear. I was talking about my old phone.. But yes there were a few places that I got NO 3g at all. What I meant was if I dropped of 3H I would not be able to use internet on the 2g. With Dtac Tri-net its all automatic and if in the event of going to E it quickly goes back to H or H+.

Cool. Thanks so much! Want to use up my 299 value I paid for the sim... when it 'roams' it tells me I can not use internet. Is there a setting to enable?

No clue, I honestly can't figure out what your exact issues may be and I am unfamiliar with your phone model/Android rev. I'm not certain you've properly configured an APN. You could dick around with this but I'd submit it would probably be best bin that SIM and get a new SIM/plan/promotion from AIS or DTAC and be done with it.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi, if I enable "data roaming" under "mobile network settings", when it roams nationally do I have to pay extras or it uses my Internet package?

Thanks...

There is no roaming nationally. It only roams between Cat and True network which extends coverage. You don't pay anything extra for this "Roaming".

However if you enable international roaming and if you visit border regions of Thailand near Malaysia / Cambodia etc, make sure you're still in True network or you'll regret it.

• Like 1

Hi, if I enable "data roaming" under "mobile network settings", when it roams nationally do I have to pay extras or it uses my Internet package?

Thanks...

There is no roaming nationally. It only roams between Cat and True network which extends coverage. You don't pay anything extra for this "Roaming".

However if you enable international roaming and if you visit border regions of Thailand near Malaysia / Cambodia etc, make sure you're still in True network or you'll regret it.

Good news, I wasn't sure about that... Thanks for your kind help... [emoji6]