Gunman spray bullets into protesters near Thai Democrat office

webfact

From the usual poorly documented and even poorer scripted report it is made to appear that a fully automatic weapon was used as semi autos can not "spray bullets". A fully auto weapon can discharge " a dozen of bullets" in a 3 or 4 second burst.

The beaten zone fir such a short burst would not be extensive so it is entirely possible to have no injuries.

However, with the vehicle identified then where were the infamous Thai police . Surely as it was a protest site ther should have been ample police in support.

an ak -47 would do the job without going overboard although he could have killed everyone if he walked into the coffee shop

so im betting it was a publicity stunt more than an attempted mass murder

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shots fired but no one hit? It doesn't take a genius to work out who was behind this. Expect to see more of these stunts as the week goes on.

I agree, is there no end to how low suthep will stoop? I mean having someone firing into a crowd of his own protestors just to try and incite violence, this scumbag must be stopped at all costs thumbsup.gif

Sit back and relax, let the Thai's sort it out in their own inimitable way...after all, it is THEIR country.

Why are you here for????? Please return to your home country! WE DON'T NEED YOU HERE. YOU ARE USELESS!

Thanks for all those who are concerned with the situation. You are all most welcome to Thailand.

Everyone can express their own opinion on a subject, so who are you to criticise ???? Perhaps you are not used to free speech and to me I think thay you must be a Thai person from what you have written (and partly in Capital letters which is a no-no.) Perhaps you should be on a Thai Forum.

• Like 1

The newspaper doesn't explain if it was an automatic weapon "spraying" bullets in to a cluster of human beings. Hard to understand how a "spray" of bullets in to a cluster of people can not cause injuring and/or killing. How does the newspaper define "spraying bullets?"

First of all, shooting people with a gun isn't quite as easy as it looks on TV. But whoever did the shooting here, was most likely trying to intimidate, rather than kill. Shattering a glass shop window near a group of people will often do that.

Anybody's guess who might want to intimidate a group of peaceful protesters...

facepalm.gif

a "peaceful process intimidater" ok whats the prize?

I must admit the way we seem to react in Thaivisa about the things that are going on in our "guest" country, most of us are, as they called it long time ago, gone native,

We choose sides, red or yellow, and throw things around to each other that seem to me nearly like the people of Thailand are now doing.

I always presumed, being inhabitants of countries with a longer history of democracy, we grew above the use of incitements and throwing abuse at each other.

I was mistaken.

no no no , both sides are equally stupid imo

Sounds like something Suthep would do to incite fear in the citizens in an attempt to win them over to his side. As an outsider I have no allegiance to either side but the longer Suthep is leading the charge, the worse its going to get. The guy is time bomb just waiting to go off.

What an utterly disgusting and ill-thought post. This beggars belief, it really does.

A leading red shirt has threatened to abduct the General's daughters if there is a coup. He said they could be taken 'dead or alive'. Par for the course for ThaKsin's Black Shirts.

Thaksin Shinawatra's was notorious for intimidating the press whilst he was Prime Minister, and he was notorious for crushing dissent. Amnesty International reported that 18 human rights defenders were either assassinated or disappeared during his first term in office. Anecdotal evidence suggests that some of the so-called drug dealers that were assassinated during his watch were in fact political opponents.

Yes, Thaksin will stop at nothing.

His black shirts have also been active during these protests and it is quite clear that once you let the lowbrows of the leash, spraying bullets around is just the kind of activity that would please their master in Dubai.

Thailand's future can not afford to be under the control of Thaksin's nasty political machine and the malicious, dangerous people it creates.

I think pointing the finger at Suthep sounds to me like Thaksin propaganda personified. Unbeliebvable/

Edited by ianf
  • Like 1

"Police said it might be the work of ill-intention people wanting to incite violence."

Obviously. Since neither side had come up with a constructive plan to improve the socio-political situation. The actions of both sides do nothing but incite chaos. Once again, grown people acting like school yard bullies. All these actions prove to the rest of the world is that this is society with a national inferiority complex without a clue how improve the lot of its citizens.

So far, the current protests are very peaceful. Peaceful civil disobedience is a right in any democratic nation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disobedience

Gandhi was a big supporter of this.

....mostly against a colonial foreign power (Britain). Actually come to think of it the Democrats probably regard the people of the North and North East as being a foreign colonial power!

Shots fired but no one hit? It doesn't take a genius to work out who was behind this. Expect to see more of these stunts as the week goes on.

I agree, is there no end to how low suthep will stoop? I mean having someone firing into a crowd of his own protestors just to try and incite violence, this scumbag must be stopped at all costs thumbsup.gif

Sit back and relax, let the Thai's sort it out in their own inimitable way...after all, it is THEIR country.

Why are you here for????? Please return to your home country! WE DON'T NEED YOU HERE. YOU ARE USELESS!

Thanks for all those who are concerned with the situation. You are all most welcome to Thailand.

Everyone can express their own opinion on a subject, so who are you to criticise ???? Perhaps you are not used to free speech and to me I think thay you must be a Thai person from what you have written (and partly in Capital letters which is a no-no.) Perhaps you should be on a Thai Forum.

I understand about free speech but the free speech that you have mentioned should be a good one!

And YES, I AM A THAI and I have the right to say so about the people who say such thing to my country, the country that they live in or whatever attachments they have! If somebody says something about your beloved country, are you going to ignore it? Well, I think you will not feel anything because you do not understand the feeling of how great your country is. I do speak English but it's not my mother tongue so if my English is not that excellent, am I forbidden here? Isn't it a silly thing to think like that? Are you able to speak good Thai as I speak English? This forum is THAIVISA and why a Thai can not be here? Or you are one of those ungrateful people too? You must have some attachments to Thailand in one way otherwise why are you here? And WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE THAT I SHOULD NOT BE HERE? Why are you here?

• Like 2

Hey wombat6, take it easy, man. Take a step back and think about why Sophiafluke would have reacted this way. Apart from the flippant comment, which also contains all caps btw, this forum is full of haughty, xenophobic posts, many of which are against Thais and Thailand, and are exceedingly disrespectful. Sophiafluke writes extremely well and I have no doubt that your Thai is and will never be anything close to that. No matter what or how s/he (I think she) writes, she has every right to come on this forum and to post her thoughts and opinions. Who cares if she posted a bit in capital letters, this pales in comparison with the vast majority of disgusting slurs, foul language, incites to argue, and trolling found here. I am, of course, all for freedom of speech, but there are limits to this concept. Surely you know that. The internet, unfortunately, is often an unrestrained environment with regard to speech, bullying, coarse language, and other vulgarities. Thai Visa does a good job to allow people some leeway.

A big 'Like' to Sophiafluke's reply in #70!

The time of the alleged shooting was 2:30 in the morning, was it not? I don't understand why some people here are talking like it was a shooting into a crowd of protesters when the cafe was closed. The news blip was written vaguely, but it seems to me that bullets fired into a closed cafe would certainly involve no victims.

I understand about free speech but the free speech that you have mentioned should be a good one!

And YES, I AM A THAI and I have the right to say so about the people who say such thing to my country, the country that they live in or whatever attachments they have! If somebody says something about your beloved country, are you going to ignore it? Well, I think you will not feel anything because you do not understand the feeling of how great your country is. I do speak English but it's not my mother tongue so if my English is not that excellent, am I forbidden here? Isn't it a silly thing to think like that? Are you able to speak good Thai as I speak English? This forum is THAIVISA and why a Thai can not be here? Or you are one of those ungrateful people too? You must have some attachments to Thailand in one way otherwise why are you here? And WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE THAT I SHOULD NOT BE HERE? Why are you here?

I don't think you understand free speech at all.

Freedom of speech, means that even people who you vehemently disagree with get a say, and have the right to say it.

You're welcome here, but being Thai doesn't make you special, people are people. Good work with your English, but your opinions aren't any more valid/invalid because it's your second or third language. Don't expect special treatment; you will be judged on the merit of your opinions, not your nationality, which is often irrelevant.

If someone says something about my beloved home country (Australia), that's just ignorant or factually incorrect, yes, I'm likely to ignore it.

Clearly you're not stupid, so you must understand that you lose face by such irrational anger in the face of any differing opinions.

True freedom of speech could fix some of the problems that plague this lovely country, but reactions like yours really give one pause in suggesting it would actually work in practice.

I don't agree with everything you've said, but I do welcome different viewpoints, especially from native Thais with good English.

Relax na! :)

• Like 1

The newspaper doesn't explain if it was an automatic weapon "spraying" bullets in to a cluster of human beings. Hard to understand how a "spray" of bullets in to a cluster of people can not cause injuring and/or killing. How does the newspaper define "spraying bullets?"

it would be fairly easy to shoot out a few windows without killing anyone if it was a publicity stunt to provoke

a reaction

just aim higher than 6 foot and your probably not going to hit any thais even if theyre standing up biggrin.png

What does it mean you're not going to hit any thais even if their standing up? Key words even when they are standing up. last i checked i doubt a farang would be taller than 6 foot sitting down cos then he would be some sort of giant at 12 foot when he stands up. 6 ft is above average height in some farang countries like the USA.

Just like the Libyans who did not like protesters outside their London Embassy in April 1984.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Yvonne_Fletcher

"Forensic police arrived to inspect the scene this morning to collect evidence." & lose it?

No doubt there are people in high places behind this attack and no one will ever be convicted

Edited by Basil B

Sounds like something Suthep would do to incite fear in the citizens in an attempt to win them over to his side. As an outsider I have no allegiance to either side but the longer Suthep is leading the charge, the worse its going to get. The guy is time bomb just waiting to go off.

Yes, of course!; because nothing encourages people more to leave their homes and join a protest than knowing that they may be shot at for doing so. facepalm.gif

What gets them to join a protest is when they have a complete lack of faith in the security of their nation and the fear of a lawless society where people can't go to a coffee shop without getting shot at.

From the usual poorly documented and even poorer scripted report it is made to appear that a fully automatic weapon was used as semi autos can not "spray bullets". A fully auto weapon can discharge " a dozen of bullets" in a 3 or 4 second burst.

The beaten zone fir such a short burst would not be extensive so it is entirely possible to have no injuries.

However, with the vehicle identified then where were the infamous Thai police . Surely as it was a protest site ther should have been ample police in support.

an ak -47 would do the job without going overboard although he could have killed everyone if he walked into the coffee shop

so im betting it was a publicity stunt more than an attempted mass murder

Have you taken into account the tendency for auto weapons to pull sharply upward and to the right when long bursts are fired? It is quite surprising to the amateur brought up on Rambo movies.

What an utterly disgusting and ill-thought post. This beggars belief, it really does.

A leading red shirt has threatened to abduct the General's daughters if there is a coup. He said they could be taken 'dead or alive'. Par for the course for ThaKsin's Black Shirts.

Thaksin Shinawatra's was notorious for intimidating the press whilst he was Prime Minister, and he was notorious for crushing dissent. Amnesty International reported that 18 human rights defenders were either assassinated or disappeared during his first term in office. Anecdotal evidence suggests that some of the so-called drug dealers that were assassinated during his watch were in fact political opponents.

Yes, Thaksin will stop at nothing.

His black shirts have also been active during these protests and it is quite clear that once you let the lowbrows of the leash, spraying bullets around is just the kind of activity that would please their master in Dubai.

Thailand's future can not afford to be under the control of Thaksin's nasty political machine and the malicious, dangerous people it creates.

I think pointing the finger at Suthep sounds to me like Thaksin propaganda personified. Unbeliebvable/

Of course it does because anyone who doesn't agree with Suthep is clearly being "bought off". Isn't that the way the script usual goes with the Dems here? The majority who vote for the PTP are just poor, uneducated farmers who don't know any better. That's the line I keep hearing over and over again. What was that about propaganda again?