Major evidence that low carb diets not needed for long term weight loss/maintenance success

Jingthing

What is 'Dr' Graham a Doctor of? I've looked round the 'net but the only thing I can find about him apart from his website and the books he wants to sell is that he may be a chiropractor. What qualifications does he hold? Does he have any medical qualifications?

These video are not spam

these people have NOTHING to sell

These are people like you and me who tried a diet that is based on carbs and lost weight

They're all spam, promoting the 80/10/10 diet, which is a book for sale on Amazon. Other's are promoting programs based on it.

Have you got any evidence that 80/10/10 works better than, for example, 70/15/15 or 60/20/20 etc.

What is the optimum number?

Obviously touting numbers like this is quite ridiculous as working it out would be impossible or at the very least a nightmare for the ordinary person. People need to have a life, and sitting down to every meal with kitchen scales and a calculator just won't work.

The low carb diet is the easiest of all to follow. Just take a rough estimate of your carb intake and you're done... or just eliminate carb foods in general, which is rather easy.

You don't need to buy the book

DUH

Just watch the vids and eat 80/10/10

Millions are doing it and reaching healthier life

Trust me, I won't be... and also won't be watching the videos.

Millions are doing it? That's nonsense and you know it.

Once again open your eyes

many people are doing utube videos on that for a reason : they have many followers and make money out of adds

Not of what they are promoting (healthy diet based on fruit&veg)

look at the numbers of followers

it's a world wide movement.

Stars wise you have Woody harrelson, Michelle Pfeiffer, Bill Clinton, Elelen Degeneres, Jared Letho, Joachim phoenix, Mike Tyson

Even the top star French chef Alain Ducasse are turning their back on one thousand year of French tradition and ditching meat

http://www.france24.com/en/20140905-france-top-chef-goes-almost-vegetarian/

What is 'Dr' Graham a Doctor of? I've looked round the 'net but the only thing I can find about him apart from his website and the books he wants to sell is that he may be a chiropractor. What qualifications does he hold? Does he have any medical qualifications?

I see what you mean

No not really, loads of doctors are totally wrong, diet wise,since diet is not properly taught at med school.

he's back up by Dr Colin T Campbell and he's got cred

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T._Colin_Campbell

If I ate an 80/10/10 diet I would be blind and footless within 5 years. My little meter tells me this.

That's the only diet that saves me.

If I don't eat like this I am sick

Believe me I would prefer eat French fries and chocolate all day

But as soon as I go astray my disease creeps back and it takes more time to get rid of it

Simple

Weight loss isjust extra

Edited by Kitsune

These video are not spam

These are people like you and me who tried a diet that is based on carbs and lost weight

I have no doubts that it works, actually I think just about everything works if you eat less than your body burns.

While I don't know these people, Roblok and I really lost a lot weight with low carbs.

High carbs, low carbs, high fat, low fat, high protein, low protein....I guess everything works if you don't eat too much.

Lowcarbs means more fat and more proteins of the bad kind

on the long term basis it's not sustainable

I would show you a video proving it, but its going to be erased

More in percent, yes.

But eating a pork chop (without the fat) with 2 fried eggs (fried without oil) instead of a pasta or a couple of bananas is perfectly sustainable for me.

I lived on a diet with almost no carbohydrates for 2 month without any major problem.

Only issue if you eat high quality protein mostly is that it is expensive......One day for dinner I ate 1 kg beef for almost 1000 Baht...that gets expensive.

many people are doing utube videos on that for a reason : they have many followers and make money out of adds

Stars wise you have Woody harrelson, Michelle Pfeiffer, Bill Clinton, Elelen Degeneres, Jared Letho, Joachim phoenix, Mike Tyson

Even the top star French chef Alain Ducasse are turning their back on one thousand year of French tradition and ditching meat

Oh no... breaking out the stars list. They must know best because they are famous. Mike Tyson went vegetarian. Really? If he was vegetarian from childhood no one would even know his name....

You should open your eyes. You can't even determine the difference between a useless promotional video and one which offers useful info.

Edited by tropo

These video are not spam

I have no doubts that it works, actually I think just about everything works if you eat less than your body burns.

While I don't know these people, Roblok and I really lost a lot weight with low carbs.

High carbs, low carbs, high fat, low fat, high protein, low protein....I guess everything works if you don't eat too much.

More in percent, yes.

But eating a pork chop (without the fat) with 2 fried eggs (fried without oil) instead of a pasta or a couple of bananas is perfectly sustainable for me.

I lived on a diet with almost no carbohydrates for 2 month without any major problem.

Only issue if you eat high quality protein mostly is that it is expensive......One day for dinner I ate 1 kg beef for almost 1000 Baht...that gets expensive.

ANY MEAT food product will be fatter than a vegetable.

2 months isnot longterm

I am talking 10/20 years

Beef Aside from infections, diseases, chronicdiseases and cancers, to produce a pound of beef is the figure of 2,500 gallons/pound. Newsweek once put it another way: "the water that goes into a 1,000 pound steer would float a destroyer."

Simply put: it's wasteful and irresponsible to squander our precious resources on a luxury item like meat that will make you sick.

Edited by Kitsune

Oh no... breaking out the stars list. They must know best because they are famous. Mike Tyson went vegetarian. Really? If he was vegetarian from childhood no one would even know his name....

You should open your eyes. You can't even determine the difference between a useless promotional video and one which offers useful info.

You don't get it do you ?

I was able to cure debilitating major chronic disease without buying one single book, is that too difficult foryou to comprehend?

If I had listened to doctors and socalled "experts"I would not be able to walk, to speak, and have constant body pain and seizures, .

Edited by Kitsune

no no complex carbs for diabetes,you need to go raw

it's curable in 30 days especially type 2

Again I have a video that proves it but itwould be erased

I like the teddy bear with foil hat by the way :)

Edited by Kitsune

If I ate an 80/10/10 diet I would be blind and footless within 5 years. My little meter tells me this.

But as soon as I go astray my disease creeps back and it takes more time to get rid of it

Simple

Weight loss isjust extra

It is something different if you are sick or healthy. If you get problems with animal proteins than of course stay away from it.

That does not mean that the same counts for healthy people. And as well not all healthy people are the same.

Additional the human body is very flexible. My guess is if you don't eat processed supermarket-food, burgers, sweets, etc you are already a winner (I guess on that we agree). No matter if you eat mostly beef or only vegetables. Or say not eating the junk is 90 %. And we are only discussing the last 10 %

Simple

Weight loss isjust extra

It is something different if you are sick or healthy. If you get problems with animal proteins than of course stay away from it.

That does not mean that the same counts for healthy people. And as well not all healthy people are the same.

Additional the human body is very flexible. My guess is if you don't eat processed supermarket-food, burgers, sweets, etc you are already a winner (I guess on that we agree). No matter if you eat mostly beef or only vegetables. Or say not eating the junk is 90 %. And we are only discussing the last 10 %

As if I dont like eating french fries and chocolate (actually had a bit yesterday). However I don't regularly eat it. I try to eat as healthy as possible low carb high proteins and it works for me and most people.

There are really few vegans that can compete in power sports like people who eat protein. You need loads of protein to build a muscular strong body. There are just a few exception and nobody knows how big and strong they would be if they use proteins.

But statistics dont lie vegans die early and vegans are not competing in top sports.

• Like 1

More in percent, yes.

ANY MEAT food product will be fatter than a vegetable.

2 months isnot longterm

I am talking 10/20 years

Beef Aside from infections, diseases, chronicdiseases and cancers, to produce a pound of beef is the figure of 2,500 gallons/pound. Newsweek once put it another way: "the water that goes into a 1,000 pound steer would float a destroyer."

Simply put: it's wasteful and irresponsible to squander our precious resources on a luxury item like meat that will make you sick.

Depends on what you mean exactly with vegetables, if you include fruits and nuts you find some very fat one as well.

While I disagree with the health problems.

The production issues is another topic: it is immoral. First of all there is no shortage of food, just the poor don't have the money to buy it. Some food even get destroyed to keep the market prices up.

Beef doesn't make much problems....just the way we do it. You can have the alps full of cattle, milk them and let them breed. They don't need anything and a few races are strong enough to stay even in winter outside (but that isn't necessary). And labor....Europe has a huge unemployment rate.

But instead we feed food that humans could eat to cattle in the "factory". Let Africa export that food instead of plant food for their people. And let our people unemployed...And damage nature. That is sick.

Same counts for chicken.

For pigs it is different, but the old way: feed the leftovers from the restaurants to the pigs is forbidden, thanks to the strong animal feed lobby.

I was able to cure debilitating major chronic disease without buying one single book, is that too difficult foryou to comprehend?

If I had listened to doctors and socalled "experts"I would not be able to walk, to speak, and have constant body pain and seizures, .

Get what? All I seen from you since I've been back reading this thread is dumb videos promoting 80/10/10.

I have no idea what you've done and what you claim to have cured.

Do you really think Mike Tyson would have been a champion if all he ate was salads?

Simple

Weight loss isjust extra

As if I dont like eating french fries and chocolate (actually had a bit yesterday). However I don't regularly eat it. I try to eat as healthy as possible low carb high proteins and it works for me and most people.

There are really few vegans that can compete in power sports like people who eat protein. You need loads of protein to build a muscular strong body. There are just a few exception and nobody knows how big and strong they would be if they use proteins.

But statistics dont lie vegans die early and vegans are not competing in top sports.

So that settles it then. Nobody would know who Mike Tyson is had he been brought up on veges alone.biggrin.png

Do you really think Mike Tyson would have been a champion if all he ate was salads?

lol

YES

A MILLIONS times YES

He would indeed had better performances

And your insults say more about you than about me.

Edited by Kitsune

lol

YES

A MILLIONS times YES

You surely are joking .. just to make sure. My humor detector does not work well with you.

lol

YES

A MILLIONS times YES

You surely are joking .. just to make sure. My humor detector does not work well with you.

You have been brainwashed to believe things that are just not true.

Wake up

lol

YES

A MILLIONS times YES

Wake up

No you are given you proof enough.. you can give me just a few vegan top athletes i can give you tons of them who are on high proteins. Case won by me easily.

Wake up

No you are given you proof enough.. you can give me just a few vegan top athletes i can give you tons of them who are on high proteins. Case won by me easily.

Robblock, since I talk to you I gave you plenty of proofs.

Contrarily to you I could care less about "winning" here, because I already won: Despite all doctors ill advice, I was able to on my own, with my own research turn my life around from being nearly crippled and unable to talk, to fully functioning. And health is the biggest victory of all.

I wish I was better at sharing it. It's lost knowledge.

I have been researching what to eat and fighting disease for 3 years now. You see, I cannot afford to be wrong. My immune system is compromised. All I can do is provide my body with the best possible food. As soon as I go astray from my diet my symptoms are back. I have no choice.

I have researched each single food I put in my mouth,and everything is pointing in the same direction.

I really wish I was wrong because it would mean that I'll be able to eat chocolate, fries, chips, sauces, pastas, lasagnas, pizzas and all these things I used to love.

I really wish I was wrong because it would mean that I'll be able to eat chocolate, fries, chips, sauces, pastas, lasagnas, pizzas and all these things I used to love.

Which are all high in carbs... And don't give us the good carbs, bad carbs nonsense. Carbs are carbs - they turn into glucose in your body.

Which are all high in carbs... And don't give us the good carbs, bad carbs nonsense. Carbs are carbs - they turn into glucose in your body.

No.

Refined sugar, refined flours, saturated fats are not processed the same way as sugar found in fruits, whole grains and unsaturated fats.

These have been artificially broken down into mono molecules that easily pass through your guts directly into your blood, without having been processed / digested by your body.

As a result you get fats and sugar molecules floating in your blood slowing down your blood flow, raising artificially your blood sugar, raising your cholesterol and generally making you sick.

But, I am pointing out that other people eating high carb diets, indeed diets of only fruit, are not experiencing health problems and are displaying normal blood tests.

But you've shockingly failed to mention that some are experiencing health problems and, alas, aren't displaying normal blood tests. smile.png Even the foremost advocate, durianrider, friend of Banana Girl, has high triglycerides, LDL, and no B12 (so taking B12 injections). A few examples:

So all in all, this healthiest lifestyle ever gave me the shining gifts of health: Low energy, pale skin, anxiety and a mouth that looked like battlefield ruins. But I could definitely brag about how my poop didn’t smell, or that my urine was crystal clear! Raw vegan ftw!

--http://letthemeatmeat.com/post/3484206816/interview-with-an-ex-vegan-erim-bilgin

I was a raw food vegan for almost a year which I loved and then switched to an all fruit diet because I wanted to lose an extra 10 pounds of unwanted fat. I was only on this diet maybe four months and did not shed 1 pound. I also run marathons and participate in triathlons so it couldn't have been from not exercising. They also, claim that their diet can help with people that have diabetes. Well, shortly after I strated the diet I was diagnosed with prediabetes. I continued the diet and monitored my sugar just to see what was happening within my body. My sugars were going sky high even with very low amounts of fruit. I decided to ditch the fruit diet and placed myself on a low carb diet instead in order to get my sugar levels under control. Amazingly my sugar levels dropped dramaticlly. I am still prediabetic levels but at least they are way lower. I will always have to stick to a low carb diet now.

--http://paleohacks.com/fruit/your-thoughts-on-the-30-bananas-a-day-site-1071

I was a vegetarian for years and I was overweight, developed diabetes and high blood pressure. I switched to a high fat carbohydrate restricted diet and lost the weight and the diabetes and the high blood pressure.

--http://www.marksdailyapple.com/vegan-island/

I think it is important to present options for people who are concerned that high dietary fat will cause heart disease.

This is a very important thinking for our forum members that you've arrived at. Yes, let's do a better job of reassuring those concerned--and presenting options. As a starting point: Ta da! Your hero:

What if It's All Been a Big Fat Lie?

Then a few articles presenting options:

How Steve Pavlina and Raw Veganism Almost Killed Me

My Escape from Vegan Island

Vegan Lies And Their Stick Figure People

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/80-10-10

http://letthemeatmeat.com/post/3484206816/interview-with-an-ex-vegan-erim-bilgin

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/why-can-some-people-eat-anything-they-want-and-never-gain-a-pound/

biggrin.png

Ah yes Gary Taubes eternal question: ‘Why We Get Fat?’. I can provide one reason: BECAUSE WE ARE EATING MORE FAT. Ah yes it’s the percentages and the total is irrelevant....sorry scratch that.

And I could easily do a Google search and find plenty of people talking about how low carb diets have ruined their health, gave them constipation, gave them headaches, increased their cholesterol etc etc. So. Boring. I could also post a list of studies pointing out the dangers low carb diets, and the dangers of eating more meat. Again, so boring. You see, I don’t turn a blind eye to other people’s positive experiences just because they don’t fit my agenda. Some people lose weight and control blood sugar on low carb diets and there are definitely some advantages to switching from a standard American diet to some varieties of low carb diets.

I shouldn’t have to explain this to you, but diet is a complex subject, no one can triumphantly quote an article ‘Women’s Health Mag’ and proclaim a slam dunk victory in an internet forum. There are advantages and disadvantages to many diets. All of these diets are based on hypothesis. Open your mind a little and you could learn something and perhaps even increase your earning power.thumbsup.gif

But what I do find interesting is how you no longer point people in the direction of Denise Minger. I mean, a month ago Raw Food SOS would have been at the top of any anti vegan list of propaganda that you presented. Any reason for this? I suppose some of her views no longer fit with your agenda. Inconvenient really.sad.png I know you will probably now be forced to post a link to Raw Food SOS and do some lawerly acrobatics about how her opinions never really changed etc (hint: use the phrase ‘straw man’), but nevertheless it is all very interesting. It’s so inconvenient when our heroes no longer support our agendas.

I would ask you to supply proof that Durianrider has high triglycerides, and high LDL, and no B12 in his blood tests, but I have to work, and since I make considerably more than 500 baht per hour it is not worth my time to continue going in circles with you. smile.png

Simple

Weight loss isjust extra

Again it's wrong.

I cannot believe you still hang on to that old myth about protein with ALL the stuffs I have sent you here over the months.

1/ Protein human needs are around 6 to 8%

2/ Above this is dangerous especially animal proteins

3/ there is no such thing as protein deficiency EVER unless you are undernourished.

Vegans don't die early, in fact Japan has the most oldest people in the world thanks to it's low protein/less meat diet.

Yes many vegan in athletism

Again videos are not allowed