Got 3 Tourist visas. Can I ask for a double entry Tourist visa?

For some reason I thought the answer would be more complicated than this. Glad it's not =]

...have to state am totally lost......some one mind advising me in an email, how precisely an over 65, UK citizen, would go about securing paperwork for 3 month tourist stay in Pattaya, from his own country, please?

There is no limit on the number of days you can be in the country during any period of time on tourist visas or visa exempt entries.

Normally the only limitation is the number of back to back visas you can get from one location. But there are some embassies and consulates that have been reported as not doing a visa because a person had several already (Vientiane is not one of them).

Okay This sounds a little like not an exact science. Vientiane can change the policy on a whim. You mention the number of back to back tourist visas having a limit. Should I read that as all will give at least one back to back?? Or not?

There is absolutely no law, regulation or rule that limits the total amount of time you can be in the country on any type of visa or exempt entries.

For Vientiane it is 3 back to back 2 entry visas from them. But they do not refuse to issue you a visa. They will issue a single entry and put a stamp in your passport informing you that you have reached the limit.

Yesterday I saw with my own eyes an older, white woman of unknown origin, around sixty being lectured at the Poipet border. What I could gather indirectly was she was on her fifth runner. The Immigration officer raked her over the coals and informed her three was the maximum allowance. He even hrld up his hand with three fingers, twice.

Law is law since when did that account for snythat that Thai Immigration is responsible for?

As someone with some of the most experirnce doing runners that I know, I can assure you that every stamp more than the first, you are on thin ice.

If you plan on living here on stamps now that the stay has been relaxed back to 30 days and going thru Poipet, you are not going to have a pleasant life.

You should note that I wrote that there is no limit to the number of days you can spend in the country. This was in response to a post about the old rule that limited the total number of days on exempt entries.

Limiting the number of entries is nothing new at certain border crossings. Mae Sai has a limit of 4. This is the first recent report though about Poipet limiting them that I can recall. Shortly after the 15 day rule went into effect it was 6 entries.