Suthep threatens to capture five caretaker Cabinet members, Pheu Thai secretary-general

Lite Beer

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"He added, "The game must end. Therefore, that each Minister sends their children and wives to somewhere else, so they can escape in the case of emergency,"

Oh, how delightful of him - I control the protestors and I will not stop them from harming your families..... class, pure class....

An eye for an eye.

The Red shirt should not have threaten similar thing to the general's twin daughter in Phitsanulok.

Sop at last, his statement was 'detained' a far cry from 'kidnapped'.....lol

Considering they are going to blockade their homes and offices, detained also means 'house arrest' or 'immobilized' and I commend Suthep for having the integrity to issue advice to remove their loved ones unlike the red shirt leaders who would just incite supporters to kill and maim and burn their houses with their children inside.

Spot the difference?

Edited by poisonus

BOOM!

This lunatic has finally flipped..!!

Yes I think you're right.

I also believe he's become swept away with his own rhetoric (read: propaganda) and is unable to stand back and take a more lucid view of the situation.

He actually believes he's leading a righteous revolution of all the people that will not fail, that whatever sins/crimes he commits will be forgiven and proven necessary when he leads the people from the hand of tyrannical oppression.

Now....if the Thai people were truly oppressed a la Sadam's Iraq, and he had the ethics, morals, and principals of a Gandi, then I'd probably be his biggest supporter.

But he's not. He's a tin-pot corrupt political megalomaniac and if he was on fire I wouldn't even piss on him. And the same goes for every other politician in Thailand, including any colour or flavour you care to name. There's not a politician in Thailand I'd trust with 10 baht, or trust to not line their pockets at the first (and every) opportunity.

Whatever change this present disruption might bring about, the chances of the lives of the greater Thai people being improved is zero on the Kelvin scale. There will be a change in the political control of the country, there may be a new constitution, and their may be a lot of people in power that endorse the changes. But the next day it will be business as usual. Ka-ching!

I say again that the person that will eventually lead Thailand out of the corrupt cesspool it is has not yet been born and at least a generation must pass before any significant gains will be made.

well maybe born but not yet 'ready' - there is no Aung San Suu Kyi, Ghandi or Mandala here (I believe that was your point) and THAT is Thailand's tragedy

as for Suthep he's just a megalomaniac who is a legend and saviour in his own mind and sheep just follow (for now)

I'd like to see a May election with a promise of the (Un) Democratic Party joining it (forget Suthep)

"He added, "The game must end. Therefore, that each Minister sends their children and wives to somewhere else, so they can escape in the case of emergency,"

Oh, how delightful of him - I control the protestors and I will not stop them from harming your families..... class, pure class....

An eye for an eye.

The Red shirt should not have threaten similar thing to the general's twin daughter in Phitsanulok.

"An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind" - Gandhi

So, some other loser saying it justifies this?

BOOM!

I also believe he's become swept away with his own rhetoric (read: propaganda) and is unable to stand back and take a more lucid view of the situation.

He actually believes he's leading a righteous revolution of all the people that will not fail, that whatever sins/crimes he commits will be forgiven and proven necessary when he leads the people from the hand of tyrannical oppression.

Now....if the Thai people were truly oppressed a la Sadam's Iraq, and he had the ethics, morals, and principals of a Gandi, then I'd probably be his biggest supporter.

But he's not. He's a tin-pot corrupt political megalomaniac and if he was on fire I wouldn't even piss on him. And the same goes for every other politician in Thailand, including any colour or flavour you care to name. There's not a politician in Thailand I'd trust with 10 baht, or trust to not line their pockets at the first (and every) opportunity.

Whatever change this present disruption might bring about, the chances of the lives of the greater Thai people being improved is zero on the Kelvin scale. There will be a change in the political control of the country, there may be a new constitution, and their may be a lot of people in power that endorse the changes. But the next day it will be business as usual. Ka-ching!

I say again that the person that will eventually lead Thailand out of the corrupt cesspool it is has not yet been born and at least a generation must pass before any significant gains will be made.

well maybe born but not yet 'ready' - there is no Aung San Suu Kyi, Ghandi or Mandala here (I believe that was your point) and THAT is Thailand's tragedy

as for Suthep he's just a megalomaniac who is a legend and saviour in his own mind and sheep just follow (for now)

I'd like to see a May election with a promise of the (Un) Democratic Party joining it (forget Suthep)

If Yingluck fall under house arrest by Suthep, she could be the trinity Aung San Suu Kyi, Ghandi and Mandala, three in one.

• Like 1

I want to see the English words written, Threatens to capture, or hear him speak the words.

Or is this thread just to give more food for the pro gov posters to come in on.??

I cannot imagine him going up to each one and saying "I am capturing you" and then do it.

each one has his own body guard anyway......................I find this thread lacking in pictures and words to back it up.

I can't even find it on The Nation, not that I could be bothered to rummage through the whole site mind you.

BOOM!

If Yingluck fall under house arrest by Suthep, she could be the trinity Aung San Suu Kyi, Ghandi and Mandala, three in one.

I sincerely hope you are joking!

• Like 1

I want to see the English words written, Threatens to capture, or hear him speak the words.

Or is this thread just to give more food for the pro gov posters to come in on.??

I cannot imagine him going up to each one and saying "I am capturing you" and then do it.

each one has his own body guard anyway......................I find this thread lacking in pictures and words to back it up.

I can't even find it on The Nation, not that I could be bothered to rummage through the whole site mind you.

A poster said it was in the Thai newspapers, and he said it on stage last night ???

It's on the BKK Post website.

And now he is threatening children. Time to send in the troops.

Talk about 'over the top'

If the troops became active, I will enjoy my time on TVF watching the likes of you squirming hehehe Because the result won't exactly be to your liking.

I'd be grateful if you could inform me as to what my liking is because with both sides as bad as each other, I'm having difficulty deciding. Thanks.

Edited by phosphorescent

An eye for an eye.

As I have previously stated, "2 wrongs do not make a right". I condemn the threat against the girls with as much vigor as I do the threats of this maniac.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yesterday the red muppets put a 500,000 bounty on him

Today he upped the ante.

If you didn't complain yesterday then I don't see how you can moan today.

Pure logic

Do those famous" bounty hunters" from the USA knows this already...??whistling.gifrolleyes.gifwink.png

The problem with most on here is that they have failed to spot Suthep's master plan.

He is clearly looking to set up a menagerie of political misfits in Surat Thani so that tourists en route to Samui can look on in awe at the relics from the bad old days of Thai politics. That black period of false democracy and cash voting. That dark era where well connected people's sons could shoot policemen and have witnesses disappear at the flash of a gun and the narrow escape from green skinned extra terrestrials in curiously fashioned shirts taking over the whole shebang

• Like 1

Ginjag, the Bangkok Post is reporting that Suthep made the announcement from the stage at Asok earlier today, but you're right, of course he wouldn't be able to carry out his empty threat.

MMarlow, which empty threat has Suthep NOT carried out so far? Please name one.

Speaking for all the people in Thailand, overthrowing democracy, stopping a Royally decreed election, banishing the Shinawatra family from Thailand, enticing 6 million supporters to Bangkok, establishing a Peoples Council, shall I go on?

• Like 2

An eye for an eye.

I think he is threatening indirectly that if the Army Chief does not obey him to stage coup, he will capture his twin daughters.

• Like 1

BOOM!

I don't agree:

1. As can be seen in the protest numbers and the make up of the protestors, and as I hear regularly from my adult Thai son and his friends, people want change now.

2. Yes Suthep has quite some baggage and yes during this protest, at times, he's not been good at clear communications, and the message I hear is that folks don't him as the next PM or whatever (and partly because they a slew want new faces / different types of people) but they are prepared to follow him if he can generate actions to gain reform then an election.

• Like 1

One day a red loon threatens to kidnap General Prayuth's daughters, and now yellow Suthep threatens to 'capture' cabinet members because he 'suspects' they recommended she not resign.

Both marionettes have lost all credibility to me in this Puppet Show.

Both.

The whole unfortunate incident is an insult to decent Thai people. The whole incident.

Sadly, I am not surprised.coffee1.gif

Crazy? Crazy like a fox?

No, crazy like an nasty bully.

I get that but what if the crazy sounding tactics help him win? That's what he's trying to do and he has significant support for that. So I'm not really sure anyone can actually know he is crazy in the literal sense.