the dark side

salavan

Nongprue Moo 10 I think, there is a Moo map in the municipality offices.

You're still not making it clear as to what your point is. So what if South Pattaya Walking street is in Tambon Nongprue the area is administered and policed by Pattaya City hall and Pattaya Police. The so called darkside is not administered by Pattaya City Hall or policed by Pattaya Police. It is a whole different area administered and policed by Nongprue district offices and Nongprue Police. The Darkside is NOT Pattaya, East or otherwise it is Nongprue.

False. Pattaya District police are always on the darkside stopping traffic.

Last time I called into Pattaya Police Station on Beach Road they said their jurisdiction ended at Sukhumvit highway.

I think that will be more to do with the highway police rather than jurisdiction.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The map Keesters provided is reasonable accurate and is confirmed at the following URL https://www.google.com/#q=tambon+nong+prue In addition the Thai English information booklet handed out at Nong Prue Municipal offices has the same geographic info.

RTP have an office in the grounds of the municipality to service the Nong Prue area as well as a number of sub district offices throughout Nong Prue. Documention such as obtaining/renewing ID cards, registering Wills, marriages and so on are provided for Nong Prue residents at Amphur Banglamung.

• Like 1

as discussed many times on this forum

Pattaya is not mentioned in any formal addresses either on the brightside or the darkside, only nongprue is stated

so how can you distinguish what is and what is not actually Pattaya be it N,S,E,or West when its all classed as nongprue only?

however:

wiki says:

Pattaya City (Thai: เมืองพัทยา; RTGS: Mueang Phatthaya) is a self-governing municipal area which covers the whole tambon Nong Prue and Na Kluea and parts of Huai Yai and Nong Pla Lai.

so if they are to be believed pattaya city hall and pattaya admin does actually administrate over all of tambon nongprue (brightside and darkside, N.S.E. or W)

so is there a pattaya east?

i vote yes!

http://pattaya-times.com/a6263-pattaya-s-overhead-monorail-routes-unveiled gives a map

6263.jpg

that shows the Eastern Pattaya City limits just a little further east of the railway line. Any more East and you're in Nongprue. As far as Nakleua is concerned I've always been told it is to the north of Pattaya Nua Road which as the map shows is not part of Pattaya City. Most of what people refer to as "The Darkside" would be well out of Pattaya City Limits and under the jurisdiction of Nongprue.

i am afraid there is much evidence to contradict what you have been told or understood or as far as you are concerned but offering a map from Pattaya times and drew noyes to support your case?

i would not believe it, if they said it was going to be hot in Pattaya tomorrow

And what evidence do you have other than wikipedia, which does not always have the correct info, to support your claim. And I wouldn't believe anyone who said "East Pattay"a because it doesn't exist except in the minds of real estate companies desperately trying to sell property as Pattaya when it isn't.

as discussed many times on this forum

Pattaya is not mentioned in any formal addresses either on the brightside or the darkside, only nongprue is stated

so how can you distinguish what is and what is not actually Pattaya be it N,S,E,or West when its all classed as nongprue only?

however:

wiki says:

Pattaya City (Thai: เมืองพัทยา; RTGS: Mueang Phatthaya) is a self-governing municipal area which covers the whole tambon Nong Prue and Na Kluea and parts of Huai Yai and Nong Pla Lai.

so if they are to be believed pattaya city hall and pattaya admin does actually administrate over all of tambon nongprue (brightside and darkside, N.S.E. or W)

so is there a pattaya east?

i vote yes!

http://pattaya-times.com/a6263-pattaya-s-overhead-monorail-routes-unveiled gives a map

6263.jpg

that shows the Eastern Pattaya City limits just a little further east of the railway line. Any more East and you're in Nongprue. As far as Nakleua is concerned I've always been told it is to the north of Pattaya Nua Road which as the map shows is not part of Pattaya City. Most of what people refer to as "The Darkside" would be well out of Pattaya City Limits and under the jurisdiction of Nongprue.

i am afraid there is much evidence to contradict what you have been told or understood or as far as you are concerned but offering a map from Pattaya times and drew noyes to support your case?

And what evidence do you have other than wikipedia, which does not always have the correct info, to support your claim. And I wouldn't believe anyone who said "East Pattay"a because it doesn't exist except in the minds of real estate companies desperately trying to sell property as Pattaya when it isn't.

"East Pattay" -now that's a different place altogether....

You're still not making it clear as to what your point is. So what if South Pattaya Walking street is in Tambon Nongprue the area is administered and policed by Pattaya City hall and Pattaya Police. The so called darkside is not administered by Pattaya City Hall or policed by Pattaya Police. It is a whole different area administered and policed by Nongprue district offices and Nongprue Police. The Darkside is NOT Pattaya, East or otherwise it is Nongprue.

Last time I called into Pattaya Police Station on Beach Road they said their jurisdiction ended at Sukhumvit highway.

I think that will be more to do with the highway police rather than jurisdiction.

Not really. Let me be more specific. A friend had a traffic accident just inside Soi Khaonoi off Sukhumvit. When he was released from hospital I assisted him in finding his motorbike. We visited some of the places where motorcycles are stored by the police in Pattaya and eventually at one a lady asked where the accident took place. We told her and she replied "That's not Pattaya. You have to go Banglamung." We went there and eventually found the policeman in charge of the accident who directed us to Banglamung's storage facility for crashed motorcycles where we retrieved the bike. The highway police were not involved in any way as the accident did not happen on the highway. So it appears then that accidents only on the West side of Sukhumvit highway are under Pattaya police jurisdiction. The Highway and East of it are somebody else's patch.

6263.jpg

OK clever dick, can't you see it was a simple spelling error. The a arrived outside the quote. Still waiting for YOUR evidence!

6263.jpg

OK clever dick, can't you see it was a simple spelling error. The a arrived outside the quote. Still waiting for YOUR evidence!

wiki will do for me, over 5 billion users over there

only 80,000 here

if you think its wrong take it up with them

meantime try this program

it may help you

post-81023-0-11859900-1390185851_thumb.g

Edited by blackman

Who said the OP is riffraff ?

Most likely most of us were "riffraff" when we first came to Pattatya and the many who found wifes and lives here and became non-riffraff moved to the dark side or other surrounding areas.

Seeing as the OP's next question will be "Why do they call it the dark side"? I will give my true theory;

In 2005 when they were cutting power off at first the "Cock Inn" and "Noi's" and a few other bars for not paying copyright fines week after week it became knows as The Dark Side.

I'm sure many will disagree but ......

Come on Gone, you always have many sensible posts inhere but now your theory sounds like a bar theory :-)

Anyways, the reason imo why they call it the Darkside goes back a few years when there were hardly any lights at the roads and just a few moo baans and thats it. Thats why it was called the Darkside.

Nothing like it is now at Khao Noi,NPW,SSCC and Khao Talo.

Sorry to disagree but I was one of the patrons sitting in those bars in 2005 when we were drinking in the "dark" and I had never heard it called the dark side until during those times.

People never called it the dark side when there were less lights and less developed.There was a certain spree of bars having their electric meters taken away until they paid the 25 to 50,000 baht fines wich back then took some time.

How parochial.

I called it the dark side in 1998 but then again, I wasn't sitting in a bar without electricity on Khao Noi, Khao Talo, Nernplubwan or anywhere else in (what is now) the Pattaya ghetto.

Anyone remember Mick's little country pub 'The Cherry Tree' way out on Siam CC road? Now THAT was truly the dark side. It is still there btw, all broken and overgrown with 'beware of the dogs' signs.

I knew the Cherry Tree very well. We used to stop there after golf when it was all a gravel rd out that way. Lived down near Wanasin Farm where the markets now are.Nothing at all around there. Used to go to the Cherry Tree on weekends & play croquet or squash, drink beer after then head into the bright lights of Pattaya. Sure has changed out there.

Not really. Let me be more specific. A friend had a traffic accident just inside Soi Khaonoi off Sukhumvit. When he was released from hospital I assisted him in finding his motorbike. We visited some of the places where motorcycles are stored by the police in Pattaya and eventually at one a lady asked where the accident took place. We told her and she replied "That's not Pattaya. You have to go Banglamung." We went there and eventually found the policeman in charge of the accident who directed us to Banglamung's storage facility for crashed motorcycles where we retrieved the bike. The highway police were not involved in any way as the accident did not happen on the highway. So it appears then that accidents only on the West side of Sukhumvit highway are under Pattaya police jurisdiction. The Highway and East of it are somebody else's patch.

All quite irrelevant really. There's probably more influence on what day of the week it is when it comes to Pattaya's finest lifting a finger.

Not sure about where keesters is going with the dodgy map and contention that it's all Nongprue out here... apart from the map buggering up the page format!

As pointed out earlier, Walking Street is in Nongprue. My old house used to be on Soi Jirapon between Second Road and Sai Sahm and that was Nongprue.

I live in Nong Pla Lai now but there's a sign at the bottom of the street that says welcome to Nongprue. So saying that the 'darkside' is ALL in Nongprue

is as false as claiming all Pattaya is in Nongprue. The darkside encompasses bits of Huay Yai, Mabrachan and Pong but doesn't share any convenient borders.

The darkside has bugger all to do with Tambon, Amphur, police or postal jurisdictions. It's just a very, very nasty place that should be avoided at all costs,

especially if you think that living in the aforementioned ghetto of Nernplubwan, Kaotalo, etc., is the dark side.

Not sure about where keesters is going with the dodgy map and contention that it's all Nongprue out here... apart from the map buggering up the page format!

As pointed out earlier, Walking Street is in Nongprue. My old house used to be on Soi Jirapon between Second Road and Sai Sahm and that was Nongprue.

I live in Nong Pla Lai now but there's a sign at the bottom of the street that says welcome to Nongprue. So saying that the 'darkside' is ALL in Nongprue

is as false as claiming all Pattaya is in Nongprue. The darkside encompasses bits of Huay Yai, Mabrachan and Pong but doesn't share any convenient borders.

The darkside has bugger all to do with Tambon, Amphur, police or postal jurisdictions. It's just a very, very nasty place that should be avoided at all costs,

especially if you think that living in the aforementioned ghetto of Nernplubwan, Kaotalo, etc., is the dark side.

Well said, NanLaew. That should keep the riff-raff out. The darkside IS NASTY. Be warned. Or be armed.

There were always distinct boundaries for Pattaya Soi 9 police station jurisdiction and Banglamung station which handled all things East of Sukhumvit all the way up to the Rayong expressway through Pong. At present Banglamung station still covers past Naklua Soi 16 and North of Pattaya Nua. Now that Nongprue station (supervised by Banglamung originally) was upgraded to a fully independent station they handle most of the East of Sukhumvit but where they end their boundary and where Banglamug takes over is none too clear but that is thought to be North of Soi Siam Country Club. Highway Police are seldom off the highways but other distinct Municipal Police can be seen at various places. The separate Traffic Police can and do move around even though they may be attached to one specific station. Not sure if that helps ....