webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed but what do the ELECTORATE want? nothing else matters

Yingluck says 'let's see'

Suthep says 'no because I'll lose'

If there was an election, and Yingluck didn't get a majority, what would that tell us?

But it isn't always just about elections.

Yep, and the Democrats have admitted to spending more money than PTP to bribe and buy votes. The EC clearly looks like they are in favour of Suthep.

And now everyone is against the current government, over 5 million people showed up in Bangkok the last time to oppose them.

I don't see how the PTP will have a chance in hell in winning the election.

I think Suthep should take them on in an election. They have everything going against the PTP.

IMHO.

Pardon? YL agrees with the EC and the EC begs for Suthep's word and hs says no - are you sure the EC is with Suthep?

Everyone is agreeing with the elected government except the democrats (how mad does that sound!?!)

Since you think that the PTP are so down and Suthep would win, *you* go tell him what the rest of the world can't get into his head - stop protesting and start campaigning! Make friends not enemies! The rest of the world has sided with YL and the democratic process - it is distinctly cringeworthy that he uses the banner of democracy to crusade against the democratic process.

Do you want to know more? RL32593.pdf

Yep, and the Democrats have admitted to spending more money than PTP to bribe and buy votes. The EC clearly looks like they are in favour of Suthep.

And now everyone is against the current government, over 5 million people showed up in Bangkok the last time to oppose them.

I think Suthep should take them on in an election. They have everything going against the PTP.

IMHO.

Pardon? YL agrees with the EC and the EC begs for Suthep's word and hs says no - are you sure the EC is with Suthep?

Everyone is agreeing with the elected government except the democrats (how mad does that sound!?!)

Since you think that the PTP are so down and Suthep would win, *you* go tell him what the rest of the world can't get into his head - stop protesting and start campaigning! Make friends not enemies! The rest of the world has sided with YL and the democratic process - it is distinctly cringeworthy that he uses the banner of democracy to crusade against the democratic process.

Do you want to know more? attachicon.gifRL32593.pdf

I fail to see how a US report prepared for Congressional members and/or committees on US-Thai relations has anything to do with this topic?

Once again the PTP and Yingluck give more ground and Suthep refuses to even sit down and talk.

At the end of the day Suthep can sit down and talk about reform and if the PDRC don't get what they want they can go right back to protesting as is their right.

Once again its painfully clear Suthep has no interest in peace or negeotiation merely stirring the pot until finally the army are forced to step in. Beyond that he has no real hope for victory or any other avenue for acheiving any of his stated goals.

Even the Democrats are sitting down with other groups today for peace/reform talks and if they can get what they want Suthep will be hung out to dry or at the very least forced into a humiliating retreat after all his grandiose rhetoric.

Seems quite simple to me. The man wants money and power, yes that simplistic. They are doing so much damage to Thailand both from a fiscal point of view and international credibility....

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That is it, a decade away from having thier nose at the troff, read any newspaper outside of Thailand and they will show you why they hate Thaksin so much, because when he was in government all the kick backs they where getting Thaksin took for himself. Thaksin is just as bad.

So when does it become about the Thai People???? Suthep Family and Shin Family must leave Thailand.

If this was for the Thai people I'm sure he would fight it legally, not taking to the streets and demanding the Shin family leave Thailand before he will talk.

God, I am getting so sick of this ranting lunatic!

Protest all you want and how long you want, but pleeeeeeease shut up!

Lunatic? Ranting? Perhaps you prefer the reds who gave a perfect example of both of these words during 2010 and continue to do so.

I'd agree that Suthep is not the most engaging of characters but these kind of slurs are not helpful.

Once again the PTP and Yingluck give more ground and Suthep refuses to even sit down and talk.

At the end of the day Suthep can sit down and talk about reform and if the PDRC don't get what they want they can go right back to protesting as is their right.

Once again its painfully clear Suthep has no interest in peace or negeotiation merely stirring the pot until finally the army are forced to step in. Beyond that he has no real hope for victory or any other avenue for acheiving any of his stated goals.

Even the Democrats are sitting down with other groups today for peace/reform talks and if they can get what they want Suthep will be hung out to dry or at the very least forced into a humiliating retreat after all his grandiose rhetoric.

The government has been in power for 2.5 years

The government had it's chance for reconciliation - and blew it

They had their chance for a just amnesty bill for their supporters - they blew it

They had their chance to use their house majority to legislate fairly and legally - they blew it

Who in their right mind would trust them now?

About 17,000,000+

IMHO.

Do you want to know more? attachicon.gifRL32593.pdf

Page 2 of the introduction gives you the reason for all this trouble and the reason they are so scared of Thaksin

“We are not arrogant. People have been patient for a decade and witnessed the country shattered with their own eyes. The government and Parliament have exploited the people’s power for their own interest. They are traitors and tyrants, compelling the people to reclaim their sovereignty,” said Mr Suthep.

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”

-AH*

* That's not Aldous Huxley นะ

Edited by seminomadic

“We are not arrogant. People have been patient for a decade and witnessed the country shattered with their own eyes. The government and Parliament have exploited the people’s power for their own interest. They are traitors and tyrants, compelling the people to reclaim their sovereignty,” said Mr Suthep.

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”

-AH*

* That's not Aldous Huxley นะ

I agree with you, but it was JG, who said that!

Lunatic? Ranting? Perhaps you prefer the reds who gave a perfect example of both of these words during 2010 and continue to do so.

I'd agree that Suthep is not the most engaging of characters but these kind of slurs are not helpful.

Yeah...ahm...no, I don't prefer them and I honestly think that what they did in 2010 has nothing whatsoever to do with what the ranting lunatic is doing and I DON'T CARE!!!

Why the f@#$ does everything that happens today, has to be compared with something that happened 3 years ago?

Maybe YOU like the Redshirts better when you...let's say compare them to the KKK, which really lives up to blah blahwhogivesashyteblahblah...

Clearly you do not understand the current politic. And you've also stated that you don't care. I care as I have always cared about the rights of my fellow human beings. And I have always opposed liars, cheats, dictators and human rights abusers.

Think about this:

Elections in any other nation on Earth featuring a convicted criminal openly running a contending party would be unacceptable - and in Thailand as well, they are equally unacceptable until after reforms that prevent such a abuse from occurring again.

They had their chance for a just amnesty bill for their supporters - they blew it

They had their chance to use their house majority to legislate fairly and legally - they blew it

Thait Spot - you are almost certainly right. Let's have an elecion and throw them out. A process that seems to work reasonably well in a lot of other countries.

An insurrection is a rebellion against civilian authority, an attempt by certain citizens together to force one faction in government power out so it can put itself in, and to do so by extra-constitutional means with extra-constitutional purposes and goals.

The central aspect of manifest insurrection is that there isn't any compromise, no matter what.

An insurrection isn't about negotiating or compromising or any of this pansy let's sit down and talk this thingy through stuff. Suthep and his people are fixed on the overthrow of the legitimately and democratically elected government and are determined to nullify the constitutionally scheduled election of Feb 2nd.

Equally vile, Suthep and his circle advocate establishing a still anonymous feudal council that would rule absolutely for some promised future time yet without any checks and balances or any direct oversight or use-by date certain.

My position and point of view is clear and simple: To oppose insurrection, to oppose nullifying the constitution and the election, and against establishing an anonymous feudal council that is elitist and unaccountable. In doing so I needn't defend anything or anyone and I would indeed be hard pressed to defend this government and many of its policies.

However, defending the policies, behaviors or actions of the government is not the issue. The issue is extra-constitutionalism and I oppose it. I do defend democracy and the democratically elected government, even if that means putting a government policy and personnel clothespin on my nose.

The absolute intransigence that characterizes the insurrectionists reminds me of the notorious US insurrectionist John Brown, the absolute and violent abolitionist of the anti-bellum USA who in his fanaticism took his entire family down with him.

Well said!! The issue is not defending the actions of the current government. It is about how best to implement reforms and create a functioning democracy.

Votes have been bought on both sides in the past and that needs to stop along with rampant corruption in so many other places on all sides. However this vote-buying does not account for the majority of Thai voters and the land-slide win that the PTP received. If Suthep says that he is representing the Thai people, and Yingluck says that she is, then there is only one way to resolve this dispute: A Vote!

You do not protect democracy by destroying it and replacing it with an unelected unchecked unaccountable elite council. Actually, you could, if the people voted for it. If not, then I'm sorry to say that you're worse than those you are trying to overthrow. So I say if the people really want Yingluck and/or PTP out, then kick them out ASAP with a vote. Otherwise don't assume that you are the majority and find a way to work together by making demands and compromises and educating the people on the issues and your stances.

• Like 1

Tarric jan 15 2014

Tarric 15 Jan 2014

Vote them out?

cant - elections all rigged and people bribed and threatened

Funny you say that, seeing as how Korn - Dem Party - flatly admitted that they Dems spent MORE than PTP on last election and that "vote buying", had NO bearing on the outcome of the election.

When Korn said 'spent more ', he meant on ads and posters,

not on bribing the populace or funding the political machines manipulations of the populace..

And what did he mean when he said vote buying had no bearing on the outcome of the election?

• Like 1

A few points.

Firstly, it is not Suthep who is refusing to negotiate on this point.

It is the People.

The People want the T./Y. regime out. Period !

Second, after that reform will happen and then a fair and true democratic vote w/no T. folks involved. Period !

And finally, Suthep does not care if he is "hung out to dry" (or whatever).

If you don't understand this please try.

Suthep and The People are willing to do what ever it takes even if that includes death to save Thailand for the youth (my children for example) and generations to come.

Have you not paid attention these last ten years ?

Vote them out?

Its impossible to "vote" them out. They continue to spend the tax money from the 22% who do pay taxes and give it to the people who don't. Until the tax base is raised in Thailand. Populace policies will always win elections.

A few points.

It is the People.

Second, after that reform will happen and then a fair and true democratic vote w/no T. folks involved. Period !

Suthep and The People are willing to do what ever it takes even if that includes death to save Thailand for the youth (my children for example) and generations to come.

You forgot to tell us who will win the election held under the guidance of the Dear Leaders Glorious Regime. I am sure that Mark feels that it is most remiss of you!

A few points.

It is the People.

You forgot to tell us who will win the election held under the guidance of the Dear Leaders Glorious Regime. I am sure that Mark feels that it is most remiss of you!

Please be more specific and I will be glad to answer your question to the best of my ability.

By "Dear Leader" do you mean Suthep ?

If so then you have missed the point.

And by "election" when and under what circumstances are you referring to ?

Also, who is Mark ?

wai.gif

A few points.

It is the People.

Please be more specific and I will be glad to answer your question to the best of my ability.

Also, who is Mark ?

wai.gif

Are you using the forum to demonstrate just how little you know?

There is so much information on all the players in the COUP ATTEMPT, the bad guys on each side, the good guys (the left out millions in the middle) and the background.

Loved your third question... There will be no recognisable election again if Suthep gets in power. He'll have to be overthrown first, which would happen in less than a year.

• Like 1

Also, who is Mark ?

wai.gif

There is so much information on all the players in the COUP ATTEMPT, the bad guys on each side, the good guys (the left out millions in the middle) and the background.

Loved your third question... There will be no recognisable election again if Suthep gets in power. He'll have to be overthrown first, which would happen in less than a year.

Suthep will not 'get into power', nor does he say he wants.

Of course some would really be disappointed when Suthep will not accept power. It is fairly difficult to be overthrown and removed from power if you are not in a position of power rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl

Yeah...ahm...no, I don't prefer them and I honestly think that what they did in 2010 has nothing whatsoever to do with what the ranting lunatic is doing and I DON'T CARE!!!

Why the f@#$ does everything that happens today, has to be compared with something that happened 3 years ago?

Maybe YOU like the Redshirts better when you...let's say compare them to the KKK, which really lives up to blah blahwhogivesashyteblahblah...

Clearly you do not understand the current politic. And you've also stated that you don't care. I care as I have always cared about the rights of my fellow human beings. And I have always opposed liars, cheats, dictators and human rights abusers.

Think about this:

Elections in any other nation on Earth featuring a convicted criminal openly running a contending party would be unacceptable - and in Thailand as well, they are equally unacceptable until after reforms that prevent such a abuse from occurring again.

Oh don't worry- I understand!

And as I clearly said: I don't prefer the Reds and the "I don't care part" was aimed at the constant "but the Red Shirts", if someone mentiones, that Suthep is not pure as fresh snow...he is not even pure as yellow snow- pun intended!

...and I don't care discussing with you, as you obviously seem to take the moral high-ground, while defending an equally rotten human being, using a bunch of gullible people (with good intentions, maybe) to reach his personal goal and the goals of the people in his background!

You are right: he is not a ranting lunatic- technically and from a medical point!

He is a dangerous criminal, who will sacrifice innocent people to reach, where he wants to go.

What does that make him compared to Thaksin?

A brother from another mother!

Oh wait...he resigned his post as MP...that makes all the venom he spits, holy water!

Also, who is Mark ?

wai.gif

Suthep will not 'get into power', nor does he say he wants.

Of course some would really be disappointed when Suthep will not accept power. It is fairly difficult to be overthrown and removed from power if you are not in a position of power rolleyes.gif

So very true kap wai.gif

Lung Suthep does not want to be in power.

Maybe pipkins can not understand Thai and therefore can not understand the news on T.V. or in the local newspapers........

That's sad......xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kNStNocrvS.webp

Seems to me that if Suthep keeps refusing to talk, then he will loose his window of opportunity to get something. May not be all he wants but his campaign will loose steam and he will end up with nothing. He is a reckless fool going for the brass ring. Some dialogue might just work in his favor but he is too stubborn.

• Like 2

Suthep rejects any proposal where he is not the only winner, don't understand people still follow this man who only there to become dictator, I know TV moderators don't like that we compare him with Hitler and N. Korea, but Im sorry to say we are getting very close.

Suthep rejects any proposal where he is not the only winner, don't understand people still follow this man who only there to become dictator, I know TV moderators don't like that we compare him with Hitler and N. Korea, but Im sorry to say we are getting very close.

Nothing else to talk about, the same rubbish, why mention these ghosts from the past, and present if you know it's wrong. What will your comments be when the whole damn lot are arrested--yes the PM and PTP. do you not believe they have skinned the country dry??

Seems to me that if Suthep keeps refusing to talk, then he will loose his window of opportunity to get something. May not be all he wants but his campaign will loose steam and he will end up with nothing. He is a reckless fool going for the brass ring. Some dialogue might just work in his favor but he is too stubborn.

If you demand is to have the PM resign, how do you get a compromise on that? Either she is gone or she isn't, and if she isn't then nothing changes.

• Like 1

Nothing else to talk about, the same rubbish, why mention these ghosts from the past, and present if you know it's wrong. What will your comments be when the whole dam_n lot are arrested--yes the PM and PTP. do you not believe they have skinned the country dry??

Because history has an ugly way of repeating itself. Mind you that Thailand has had many coups in the past, before Thaksin, Abhisit, Yingluck and Suthep went into politics. It didn't start with them and will surely not end with them. The greed and selfishness is ripe throughout Thailand and that won't change until they reform their culture and thinking.

• Like 1