Shutdown Bangkok protest enters the third day

webfact

Here are classic examples of what we have been talking about all day. The crowds have gone.... and the media are doing there bit by cropping the pics to make them look full.

Where are the drone shots? Why is twitter awash with photo of empty streets and deserted stage areas? why are ALL media reports from creditable media talking of "HUNDEREDS" of protesters in some of their pics? Where are the millions?

Getting dirty now is this war and the media who have sucked up to Suthep are going to come out with egg on their faces.

Stop supporting this madman and go for some real reform. Reform that would see these crazies behind bars as well.

the pics you see now are taken from the same ankle the press used to cover the pro-government rallies around the country - upfront only the first rows are visible.

This was done to give the false impression there are only very few of them - in Suthep's case now the ankle is taken to hide that there are actually very few of them!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been to all these protest sites the last few weeks and any person who thinks that numbers are dropping off are just incorrect. I just came back through asok and the crowd there is huge I would say bigger than Monday. Suthep and his merry men will see victory soon.

Huge mate! 350 million Id guess

xBd--45gCUAIFSxD.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CBrB6m

Tully, you're missing the point.

In case you missed it, Suthep has anounced that his supporter's vote is worth 1,000,000 to every 1 poor person's vote.

The same principle applies to the protester tally. So, 350 = 350,000,000

I hope this clears your confusion

'

A huge mass popular uprising by all accounts... With Rambo, they got away with a few dodgy ones... Looks like "Coup19" has bombed at the box office somewhat!!!

Those ungreatful Thais. Fancy less than1,000 peopl showing up to support a coup.

Please send pics when the locals get wind of this and run them out of town.

I have been to all these protest sites the last few weeks and any person who thinks that numbers are dropping off are just incorrect. I just came back through asok and the crowd there is huge I would say bigger than Monday. Suthep and his merry men will see victory soon.

Huge mate! 350 million Id guess

xBd--45gCUAIFSxD.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CBrB6m

Tully, you're missing the point.

In case you missed it, Suthep has anounced that his supporter's vote is worth 1,000,000 to every 1 poor person's vote.

The same principle applies to the protester tally. So, 350 = 350,000,000

I hope this clears your confusion

'

A huge mass popular uprising by all accounts... With Rambo, they got away with a few dodgy ones... Looks like "Coup19" has bombed at the box office somewhat!!!

Those ungreatful Thais. Fancy less than1,000 peopl showing up to support a coup.

Please send pics when the locals get wind of this and run them out of town.

Taken less than a minute ago.

attachicon.gifphoto (34).jpg

You will notice a distinct thinning of the crowd within a 100 metres from the stage.

Incidentally, talking about the stage....

On stage this morning PDRC protest leader Seri Wongmontha went on an anti-foreigner rant:

As reported by senior correspondent of the Global Post and now by BP.

-- 12:45 at Asoke protest stage, personality Seri Wongmontha veers into anti-foreigner rant. "Do they think we're stupid?" (Cont'd)

-- "It's proven ppl w/ yellow skin are smarter than ppl w/ white skin... Thais who study abroad get better marks than their classmates."

-- "They think they're better than us." This rant was inspired by an interview w/ a farang journalist this morning. Guess it went poorly?

Expand

Every quote from a low ranked government official makes it to my breaking news newsletter, surely a protest leader insulting all farangs to the sound of a cheering crowd deserves it's own topic no?

Edited by firestar
  • Like 1

You will notice a distinct thinning of the crowd within a 100 metres from the stage.

Incidentally, talking about the stage....

On stage this morning PDRC protest leader Seri Wongmontha went on an anti-foreigner rant:

As reported by senior correspondent of the Global Post and now by BP.

-- 12:45 at Asoke protest stage, personality Seri Wongmontha veers into anti-foreigner rant. "Do they think we're stupid?" (Cont'd)

-- "It's proven ppl w/ yellow skin are smarter than ppl w/ white skin... Thais who study abroad get better marks than their classmates."

-- "They think they're better than us." This rant was inspired by an interview w/ a farang journalist this morning. Guess it went poorly?

Expand

Every quote from a low ranked government official makes it to my breaking news newsletter, surely a protest leaders insulting all farangs to the sound of a cheering crowd deserves it's own topic no?

You know we dont like to feed the trolls here so probably no to that.

Siri was clearly bristling yesterday to the questioning and tbh he just looked like a pink drama queen shouting in the reporters face. Just an embarrassment really.

The protest is looking more like a market now and is rapidly petering out, bangers is not shutdown life is going on and the place has adapted to a few roadworks at intersections.

maybe this weekend some will show up but itll be far from the previous numbers, I think its all but over in its present form and i hope itll stay peaceful.

• Like 1

Here are classic examples of what we have been talking about all day. The crowds have gone.... and the media are doing there bit by cropping the pics to make them look full.

Where are the drone shots? Why is twitter awash with photo of empty streets and deserted stage areas? why are ALL media reports from creditable media talking of "HUNDEREDS" of protesters in some of their pics? Where are the millions?

Getting dirty now is this war and the media who have sucked up to Suthep are going to come out with egg on their faces.

Stop supporting this madman and go for some real reform. Reform that would see these crazies behind bars as well.

'empty streets'? well cars cannot go through. 'deserted stages'? provide links

Hundreds of protesters? more likely thousands and times staging areas.

All this input from you seems to suggest that the anti-anti-government group is getting really desperate. Now suggestions, half-truths and insinuations. Next white lies, real lies and personal attacks.

At least I don't hear any shooting, that's nice.

You should get out of TV and Bluesky more often. thousands of pics on Twitter. Firm evidence to all but those who don't want to see it. The march today wasn't much more than 50m long. At most 2,000 people. So maybe best ou don't look.!!!

I suggest you get your act together.

This shutdown is not about making things look huge, it is about shutting down BKK and it has been 100% successful so far and is increasing.

Many are at work during the day and join the rally in the evenings, and many are getting clean, eating and don't forget the numbers are fragmented across about 20 different areas at once.

Of course there are going to be pictures showing empty spaces, that is what the photo is all about.... emptiness and the effectiveness of the shutdown.

Like it or not, get used to it, these rallies and strategic dispursmnets across simultanious sites will bring the government down. Which is its only objective. We have seen the PDRC support from previous weeks.

It is not the protesters who are obsessed with numbers, it is the red shirted farang with overly simplistic thought processes.

We will be coming there from the northeast at the weekend when we have the time to do it. We are the same as most of the public, we have things to do Monday to Friday. As long as there are enough there to keep the thing going and intensify everything on a daily basis, we are happy.

Really, 100% successful?

Don't know where you live (assuming BKK), but I would think 70-80% of Thais would not agree. Why would they give a f@#ck if some junctions in Bkk are blocked?

Some may agree about the general goals, but most don't see the purpose to 'shut down Bangkok', I can tell you that!

Of course much more blood on the streets will change the outcome.

Anyway, we are in a chess game where the protagonists have planned a few moves ahead, it'll take a few more weeks to see the final outcome.

wai2.gif

Gweiloman, as Im based in the back arse of nowhere, what is life on Soi Cowboy like? Are things just going on as normal there?

More than happy to oblige. Cowboy is open for business as usual, but a lot less customers than usual. I'm hoping that the girls will protest by going on stage and stripping...........

post-143305-0-97600700-1389806396_thumb.

• Like 1

I actually feel a bit sorry that the protests have petered out as early as they did. I commend the rationale behind the actions, eradication of corruption etc. It is just that the think tank behind the whole operation has gotten it wrong, unsurprisingly. I have always felt that the T***s could not organise a piss up on a brewery and sadly, I have been proven right (again).

Now in Asoke, even the music has stopped playing (unlike the first two nights). It really is a waste of energy to play to 20 die hard protestors who insist on sleeping in front of my driveway.

• Like 1

I actually feel a bit sorry that the protests have petered out as early as they did. I commend the rationale behind the actions, eradication of corruption etc. It is just that the think tank behind the whole operation has gotten it wrong, unsurprisingly. I have always felt that the T***s could not organise a piss up on a brewery and sadly, I have been proven right (again).

Now in Asoke, even the music has stopped playing (unlike the first two nights). It really is a waste of energy to play to 20 die hard protestors who insist on sleeping in front of my driveway.

Terribly sorry you're so personally inconvenienced by this protest of a few.

All in all of course the number game seems to distract somewhat from the very fact that this now care-taker government is the main reason for protests. They tried to push through a blanket amnesty bill covering 2004 till 2013-08-09 and now they and theirs try to desperately distract from that very undemocratic behaviour.

• Like 1

All in all of course the number game seems to distract somewhat from the very fact that this now care-taker government is the main reason for protests. They tried to push through a blanket amnesty bill covering 2004 till 2013-08-09 and now they and theirs try to desperately distract from that very undemocratic behaviour.

Why is Suthep and his backers really so down on Thaksin?

Seems like a nice airport.

Skytrain is pretty cool.

The 30 baht per visit medical program seems to help many in need.

Everyone benefited from the economic recovery from the 1997 Asian financial crisis.

Reducing poverty from 21.3% to 11.3% is a good thing I think.

Balancing the national budget and producing fiscal surpluses for 2003 to 2005 would be considered fiscally responsible.

Foreign exchange reserves doubling seems like a success.

Government Lottery for education would have not only reduced illegal gambling, but provided education for those in need.

Privatizing MCOT and increasing freedom of speech seems like a move in the right direction.

Student Loan Fund (SLF) helping low income students get an education with low interest rates was nice.

Supporting Nicholas Negroponte's One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project was a cool idea.

Wholesale power pool competition in the energy markets lowering these costs would tend to benefit the people.

Introducing Islamic law and making Pattani-Malay (Yawi) an official language in southern region seemed like a start to help reduce conflict there.

Transformation of the government department, ministries, and provincial governors operating style of the traditional bureaucracy into a more results-oriented instrument would have been awesome.

Crackdown on mafia crime was long overdue.

Profit agreements with Cambodia on the huge oil potential in the gulf of Thailand could have made Thailand energy independent.

Maybe Thaksin did too much? Are they jealous of Thaksin's popularity? Did they lose took much corruption money? They weren't getting enough sex?

Those in the black box behind this movement need to look past personal interests and put interests of the whole above yourselves.

Skytrain is pretty cool.

Everyone benefited from the economic recovery from the 1997 Asian financial crisis.

Balancing the national budget and producing fiscal surpluses for 2003 to 2005 would be considered fiscally responsible.

Government Lottery for education would have not only reduced illegal gambling, but provided education for those in need.

Privatizing MCOT and increasing freedom of speech seems like a move in the right direction.

Student Loan Fund (SLF) helping low income students get an education with low interest rates was nice.

Supporting Nicholas Negroponte's One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project was a cool idea.

Wholesale power pool competition in the energy markets lowering these costs would tend to benefit the people.

Introducing Islamic law and making Pattani-Malay (Yawi) an official language in southern region seemed like a start to help reduce conflict there.

Transformation of the government department, ministries, and provincial governors operating style of the traditional bureaucracy into a more results-oriented instrument would have been awesome.

Profit agreements with Cambodia on the huge oil potential in the gulf of Thailand could have made Thailand energy independent.

Maybe Thaksin did too much? Are they jealous of Thaksin's popularity? Did they lose took much corruption money? They weren't getting enough sex?

Those in the black box behind this movement need to look past personal interests and put interests of the whole above yourselves.

I think someone else already responded on this list of half-truths you posted before. go search for that.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Skytrain is pretty cool.

I think someone else already responded on this list of half-truths you posted before. go search for that.

And am sure it attracted the same childish knee jjerk as it did this time.

All facts as far as I can see, and if they are'nt I'm sure you will be able to gleam the answers you need from Bluesky.

Am surprised at how many petty little people post these comment. The outlaying of what Thaskins achieched and proposed is correct. It is indeed the corrupt politicians from the other side who never gave anything to anybody that is indeed jealous.

Pray, tell mr Rubl. Who was it after 50 years corruption got the airport open in the end. Please tell us if it was anybody other than Thaksin. Please provide your sourse for saying who it was and links to credible media coverage of it. Do you want to state a case for it being somebody else, or another Governemt etc.

It's free speach and you are entitled to post in and adult fashion and back up your knee jerks with lierature that will enlighten us all. Be aware though, making it up will only do damage to yourself and your cause.

Thanks

I'll get a coffee whilst you set about another thaksin rant as I know you can't dispute that fact. Go on, give real posting a try!!

• Like 1

Skytrain is pretty cool.

Yes, yes but besides that, what has Thaksin ever done for us hey?

• Like 1

Skytrain is pretty cool.

Please do not take my post and repost it as your own.

Skytrain is pretty cool.

Please do not take my post and repost it as your own.

copyright infringement wheres my whistle ?

1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif ahh there it is

hey i just noticed its blowing a whistle and holding up a red card, now thats scary ...... peeeee looccc

Edited by englishoak

Skytrain is pretty cool.

And am sure it attracted the same childish knee jjerk as it did this time.

All facts as far as I can see, and if they are'nt I'm sure you will be able to gleam the answers you need from Bluesky.

Am surprised at how many petty little people post these comment. The outlaying of what Thaskins achieched and proposed is correct. It is indeed the corrupt politicians from the other side who never gave anything to anybody that is indeed jealous.

Pray, tell mr Rubl. Who was it after 50 years corruption got the airport open in the end. Please tell us if it was anybody other than Thaksin. Please provide your sourse for saying who it was and links to credible media coverage of it. Do you want to state a case for it being somebody else, or another Governemt etc.

It's free speach and you are entitled to post in and adult fashion and back up your knee jerks with lierature that will enlighten us all. Be aware though, making it up will only do damage to yourself and your cause.

Thanks

I'll get a coffee whilst you set about another thaksin rant as I know you can't dispute that fact. Go on, give real posting a try!!

After 50 years of corruption Thaksin brought even a bit more. e started with teary eyes and an 'honest' mistake and it didn't improve.

The airport opening was really pushed through even though there were some 'minor' cracks, but the reporter got sued, so no problem. The corruption regarding the baggage scanners was put under the floor as well.

Skytrain opened 1999-12-05 before Thaksin. When Bangkok got a Democrats Governor Pheu Thai and thaksin really started to delay extenstions to the point that the BMA financed some of those.

30 Baht healthcare, but no funding, no healthcare improvement, only 'available. The Surayut government dropped the 30 Baht as it cost more to collect it, but the now care-taker government installed the 30 Baht because that 'rings a Thaksin bell'. Still no improvements because of that though.

Reduced poverty? Well, the 1997 crisis hit many hard, although some seemed to have pre-knowledge on the Thai Baht devaluation. Rumour of courserolleyes.gif

Balancing budgets in a time of a global boom after the years of crisis. Impressive indeed. This started to peter out, but that legacy others inherited.

And so forth and so on.

now can we get back on topic, the shutdown of Bangkok?

PS I've been in Bangkok since 1994, have a reasonable memory, can yahoo around a bit and have been confronted with fact distortion at least a dozen times if not more frequent. Especially the last weeks we seem to have attracted some members who at really inventive in constructing new 'facts'.

Edited by rubl