Pheu Thai Party leader Jarupong cries foul as power, water cut at his home

webfact

Jarupong cries foul as power, water cut at home
By English News

13897795511218.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 15 - Pheu Thai Party leader/caretaker Interior Minister Jarupong Ruangsuwan urged human rights agencies to protect his basic rights after electricity and water supply at his residence were cut by protesters.

Anti-government demonstrators of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) today cut the water and electricity lines at Mr Jarupong's residence on Soi Lat Phrao 19.

Mr Jarupong commented that water and electricity are basic needs to lead a normal life. He said it's up to the public if they are fine with the fact that the PDRC shut all the basic facilities, create protests and block roads.

The caretaker minister asked if human rights organisations have awakened to protect the basic rights of the people to have water and electricity.

Mr Jarupong said he had sent his representative to lodge a complaint against the culprits.

"It's alright. They cut it. We can fix it. This way, the country will go to a dark path and reach no solution. But if the cutting of electricity and water will bring about a general election, I have no problem with it," the caretaker minister said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-15

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"electricity and water supply at his residence were cut"

But it's not as bad as freezing bank accounts, or not?

Slowly the conflict gets more and more directed against individual leading people.
- kidnap daughters
- bombs on roofs
- bounties

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

But why should have have to move out of his home? You wouldn't be happy if this happened to your family home! Basic human right!! Respect it. Im on no colours but its out of order, my business is a mess because people think they can do what the hell he want! This should be fought out in the thai house of parliament and not out on the streets like a bunch of cave mens!!!! Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes, it's pretty bad but so was reddies throwing blood on Abhisit's house when he was PM. Rules are out the window, don't you think?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

But what we not getting is why should anyone have to move out of homes??? If they want to get back what the red shirt did then do the same back , throw blood at the PM door if this will make them happy and let the tourist back into thailand. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The only thing stopping tourists coming is the governments heavy handed CAPO announcements... There is more to Thailand than just Bangkok.

• Like 1

But why should have have to move out of his home? You wouldn't be happy if this happened to your family home! Basic human right!! Respect it. Im on no colours but its out of order, my business is a mess because people think they can do what the hell he want! This should be fought out in the thai house of parliament and not out on the streets like a bunch of cave mens!!!! Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I couldn't agree more, but it's no different to 2010 and it seemed to be acceptable to "the majority" then to do all the things that are happening now.

Pheu Thai Party leader/caretaker Interior Minister Jarupong Ruangsuwan urged human rights agencies to protect his basic rights

Shouldn't that be the job of the police?

Health care, medical, transport services, water and electricity are essential services. Intentionally disrupting these services are illegal and against humanity.

Providing the leaders of these groups keep the running feuds among themselves than that’s all right with me. It`s when they expand their disputes onto others and start shoving their arguments into our faces that really niggles me.

Personally I would like to see the ground open up, swallow the whole lot on all sides and make them completely disappear. Then everyone can just get on with their lives in peace without the threats of disruption, as most people want to do. The majority of Thai people have no interest in politics as most of the problems are caused by a minority of hard core trouble makers who are hell bent on disrupting everyone’s lives and bringing the country into civil war, this applies to the thugs on all sides that are just out for trouble.

• Like 2

Pheu Thai Party leader/caretaker Interior Minister Jarupong Ruangsuwan urged human rights agencies to protect his basic rights

Shouldn't that be the job of the police?

Health care, medical, transport services, water and electricity are essential services. Intentionally disrupting these services are illegal and against humanity.

<deleted>. We ain't in Kansas any more Dorothy!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

They already had the opportunity to fight it out in parliament like a bunch of cavemens.

I agree he shouldn't have to move out of his home, but hey, we all have to make a few sacrifices at one time or another.

As you can see he's garnering a huge amount of sympathy from other posters. If he tried smiling a bit more often like the CT Transport minister, instead of looking like he's chewing on a slice of lime, he might just get some appreciation.post-9891-0-85356300-1389785852.jpg