Here is my number, please call me 35+ times a day. Thanks.

puukao

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny cause it does happen. Once a Thai girl gets your number most of them will keep it forever and message you when they are in need of something

Happening to me right now. I sms for 2 weeks-nothing. She needs a payday she replys in less than a minute. Im happy to oblige and yes she is an ex superstar bargirl..............lol.

I don't understand at all your "tragedy".

Buy a new SIM, send by message your new number to your friends, throw away the old SIM, and forget this idiot!

What is very difficult in this case ???

It's not just Thai women. I've given my number (back in the days when I was a newbie, and rather naïve and uncautious) to friendly Thai guys I met, say, traveling on a bus or train, and ended up being barraged by the same kinds of calls and SMSs.

The problem is: lack of social/emotional boundaries. Sure, we encounter this among people in the West, too, but it's way more common--perhaps even the norm?--in Thai society.

One of my former students, who does research on Buddhism in Cambodia, has even encountered this phenomenon with Cambodian monks! He would give his phone number to them, and they would barrage him with calls at all hours of the day or night, or he would take their numbers, and not end up calling...when he ran into them again, they would be all pouty and petulant, and chastise him with words such as "you PROMISED you would call me, and you didn't...why did you LIE to me?!" Sound familiar? It's not a Thai female thing, it's a wider Thai (and, I would argue, pan-Southeast Asian) cultural thing: lack of personal boundaries.

Edited by Ajaan

Welcome to LOS

Also be careful with emails, facebook, LINE and any other social media.

If you have business cards, be careful who you give them to as well, especially farangs...........thumbsup.gif

If I get another phonecall from some krathoy in Pattaya, I'm not sure what I'll do. Get the missus to answer unknown callers perhaps..............sad.png

As the above, simply block the number (edit or options when viewing number) rather than have the hassle of receiving all those SMSs or, gawd forbid, changing the SIM.

And you did kind of ask for it by giving it out in the first place. I'm guarded with my number/email, and especially make a point of not writing this info down when buying something from a store, for instance. If they specifically ask for it, they get a curt NO. wink.png

• Like 1

Don't you guys know anything about marketing? It's called "dialing for dollars".

Yes, back in the day when I hung out with LOTS of BG types (10x the number I simply slept with), I'd see many of these girls working their way through their lists like true telemarketing professionals.

Simply pad of paper with pages and pages of single-spaced listings, work their way down through the list top to bottom and then back up to the top.

Every couple of week re-write the list with the new numbers added, crossing out the ones deemed hopeless (not merely no-answers), little reminder notes in the margins, etc.

The best ones (at marketing, not necessarily hottest babes) were the ones pulling in the big bucks for sure, some 100K / month, all without a lot of what I would call work. But definitely some episodes I myself would not want to put myself through, in fact I guess they were earning every penny 8-)

• Like 1

My ex would call me at 9am on a random day like Wednesday and ask me if I were forckin another girl. One time I just said yes, I am with my boss, in the staffroom and we are having a squelch of our lifetime.
She broke my windows and left, never to bee seen again. Best day of my life

• Like 2