Hansum Man - Too Much

David48

In my day the girls who went over to the guys were the ugly ones, anyway. The lookers were too busy, too popular and too proud to make the first move.

you no hansum man.

when i am at immig doing the stuff, i often note that the long term farang man indeed are on average more hansum than your average charlie in the west and often stunningly so. the thai girls get to pick from the pick of the crop and they dont need to miss the mark.

me i am single no thai wife or gf.

Edited by Big Pinkie

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elightenment takes time to come to you.

I have sat in a bar...alone...many times, nobody comes to talk to me.

Just last Sunday night this happened.

I feel better now.

Although, the other day as a hoon tailgated me, then tried to over take on a bend, on both sides...as he passed, I put my window down and gave him the finger.....instead of the angry reply I was expecting, he looked in my window, his passenger slunk into the seat and they roared away without even a return gesture....I put it down to my beany and goaty giving me an evil bikie look and they bolted for easier pickings.

Perhaps this is what is happening in the bars also....but I usually leave the beany at home.

^^ Good story.

Any truth to the rumour that these are your shoes trotters?

smelly-feet.jpg

Edited by David48

I don't understand the fuss over bar girls. Back in Patong they were fugly and in Hua Hin, I believe its the place where the older and uglier ladies who have been in the trade for a few decades go to wait out the grim reaper. I suppose in Hua Hin they are counting on the impaired vision of the typical elderly bar patron, but still I do question their allure.

I find it odd that I have not been hit on in at least the past 2 years. And no it's not because I am not "young" or "hansum". I wonder if it's because I am usually in the company of Thai people? When you folks go out with your Thai friends, do you find that you are treated more as a bar patron than as a guy looking for boom boom?

it can be a problem anywhere in the world but it's just something we have to deal with. sure sometimes i wonder what life would be like if i wasn't so handsome, virile, wealthy, intelligent, and generally adored and worshipped by all. we all have our cross to bear

Or as Marilyn Monroe said of the exceedingly handsome Montgomery Clift: "(He's) the only person I know who is in worse shape than I am."

Best line a had ever heard was from an old fellow who was quite well off. Sitting in a pub having a beer when he walked in with a somewhat hot but skanky BG. She went to the can (most likely to tell her TBF she hooked a whale) When some younger Handsum fella asked the old boy how he managed to pick the girl up. I will remember his answer to a tee as it cause me to blow beer out my nose. His reply. You young Bucks (f infront not a B when he said it) have no clue. I am old somewhat fat and ugly. But I have a pocket full of handsome!)

Pocket full of handsomelaugh.pngclap2.gif

• Like 1

Been told they prefer older guys and not younger handsome guys.

"Young man,has little bit money and wants too much sex."

Old guys, much money and little bit sex, maybe even no sex."

Older is a better choice for bar girl.

Hint: They are not really in it for the sex!

Something most of us never knew.

Been told they prefer older guys and not younger handsome guys.

"Young man,has little bit money and wants too much sex."

Old guys, much money and little bit sex, maybe even no sex."

Older is a better choice for bar girl.

Hint: They are not really in it for the sex!

Something most of us never knew.

Most of us knew but didn't want to admit it !!

Edited by trainman34014

I rarely get chated up in bars ,when i once asked a girl why ,she said"you live here ,you know to much ,not worth wasting time on people who live here".

As a resident I've had similar feedback myself. The first time "two week millionaires" are the ones the girls can spot and will target.

It's funny as a fight to watch the girls reactions when an obvious newbie walks into a bar (especially gogo bars). The newbie has eyes the size of a Frisbee, his tongue hanging on the ground, a winter suntan (so white you need sunglasses), wearing new but ill-fitting Beach Road shorts and a Chang/Singha wife-beater. He wai's everybody in sight while saying sawatdee krup so badly it sounds like Russian.

The girls can almost see the flashing "Newbie and Stupid" sign over his head and gravitate to them like a magnet.

I've seen reasonably intelligent looking blokes no sooner get their backside on a seat and they've been conned into drinks for 3 girls plus the service girl, then Mamasan wanders over and scores one, then he's throwing Ping-Pong balls, then a second round, then the girls bugger off for their next newbie victim that walked in.

One girl usually stays with him (as organised by the girls on a rotation basis or who needs the money the most basis) to see if they can offer further services, but usually the bloke is a bit slow on the uptake or often it's the chubbiest of the girls that stays, and then she leaves him as well.

The newbie is then left sitting there with no company and his Bin is 2,000 baht or more. The wide eyed Frisbee eyes then turn into that stunned mullet look as he checks his bin. Then he probably gets short changed and doesn't realise it.

And no.......I can't say that something similar didn't happen to me either before I got my sea-legs, but that was a long time ago.whistling.gif width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

Couldn't have described that better myself................thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

was sitting in a bar on samui long ago drinking my OJ admiring the scenery, when a guy walked up and wasnt getting much attention. pull out his wallet purposely displayed a sheaf of big ones and said he didnt have much time as he had a wife nearby. he was suited quick smart. whole scene probably 30 seconds max and he walk gingerly away with a good looker.

Edited by Big Pinkie
  • Like 1

Often if you appear legit and respectable ladies will approach and ask if your local or have contacts in the area. If yes, they will not pursue.

The bar stuff is a loss of face for many Thais, even if they are there of their own free will. When you learn more about Thai culture you will see what's going on under the surface.

Well the girls do earn money on a drinks commision basis, if you are talking bargirls, so this generally rules out the low spending youngsters, the non drinking athletes that lift heavy things, and the 'residents' who get nervous and leave if a bell rings for fear that they may be drawn into the game!

I rarely get chated up in bars ,when i once asked a girl why ,she said"you live here ,you know to much ,not worth wasting time on people who live here".

As a resident I've had similar feedback myself. The first time "two week millionaires" are the ones the girls can spot and will target.

It's funny as a fight to watch the girls reactions when an obvious newbie walks into a bar (especially gogo bars). The newbie has eyes the size of a Frisbee, his tongue hanging on the ground, a winter suntan (so white you need sunglasses), wearing new but ill-fitting Beach Road shorts and a Chang/Singha wife-beater. He wai's everybody in sight while saying sawatdee krup so badly it sounds like Russian.

The girls can almost see the flashing "Newbie and Stupid" sign over his head and gravitate to them like a magnet.

I've seen reasonably intelligent looking blokes no sooner get their backside on a seat and they've been conned into drinks for 3 girls plus the service girl, then Mamasan wanders over and scores one, then he's throwing Ping-Pong balls, then a second round, then the girls bugger off for their next newbie victim that walked in.

One girl usually stays with him (as organised by the girls on a rotation basis or who needs the money the most basis) to see if they can offer further services, but usually the bloke is a bit slow on the uptake or often it's the chubbiest of the girls that stays, and then she leaves him as well.

The newbie is then left sitting there with no company and his Bin is 2,000 baht or more. The wide eyed Frisbee eyes then turn into that stunned mullet look as he checks his bin. Then he probably gets short changed and doesn't realise it.

And no.......I can't say that something similar didn't happen to me either before I got my sea-legs, but that was a long time ago.whistling.gif width=19 alt=whistling.gif>

Couldn't have described that better myself................thumbsup.gif

Cheers. I should add that when I am occasionally approached by girls I wave my wedding ring finger at them and tell them I have a wife. Invariably, and 100% of the time, their immediate response is either "no problem" in English, or mai-bpen-rai in Thai. Aahhhh.......Thailand. biggrin.png

very unfair that bargirls are looked down upon and denigrated. in my country it is quite normal for young women to work as barmaids part time while they finish their education. it is not fair to attach a stigma to these girls just because they serve alcohol.

• Like 2

very unfair that bargirls are looked down upon and denigrated. in my country it is quite normal for young women to work as barmaids part time while they finish their education. it is not fair to attach a stigma to these girls just because they serve alcohol.

Hows your multi condo purchase going ? Did your flights work out OK. ?

• Like 2