Ko Tee: I am not Ko Tee the redshirt

webfact

Ko Tee: I Am Not Ko Tee The Redshirt
By Khaosod English

kt.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A famous TV personality has asked the public not to confuse him with a Redshirt leader who goes by a similar nickname.

Mr. Charoenphon Onlamai, who is popularly known as Ko Tee (โก๋ะตี๋), posted the message on his Instagram account today after many of his fans criticised him on the social network for his alleged involvement with the Redshirts.

However, it appears that Mr. Charoenphon′s fans have confused him with Mr. Wuttipong Kochthammakul, a coordinator of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) in Pathumthani province - who is also known by the name Ko Tee (โกตี๋).

Although their names are spelled differently, their pronunciation is extremely close.

Mr. Charoenphon, who regularly appears on TV talk show programs and other comedy shows, pleaded in his Instagram that the misunderstanding is caused by those who listen to the news reports without looking at the photos on the screens.

"Nowadays, wherever I go people ask me if I′m a Redshirt leader!" Mr. Charoenphon complained, adding that even some of his close relatives thought he is involved in the Redshirts movement and even called him to ask where the protesters were headed on each day.

He also insisted that he has taken no side in the ongoing political crisis.

"I don′t understand what′s wrong with Thai people these days," Ko Tee the celebrity said, "In the past, you can have different opinion but there is no conflict, but nowadays, if you are not the same side, if you think differently, if you don′t wear the same colour shirt, they are enemy, isn′t that so?".

Mr. Charoenphon concluded his post by attaching the photos of himself and Mr. Wuttipong, the Redshirt Ko Tee.

"If you are still confused, I would change my name!" Mr. Charoenphon warned.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9UYzROekF5TlE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-16

I have to laugh. Khao Sod points out that their nicknames are similar but spelt and pronounced slightly differently in Thai and that this is the source of the confusion.

And then what do they, Khao Sod, do?

They misspell his nickname themselves. Clowns. biggrin.png

(It's mai tree not mai jatawa)

"I don′t understand what′s wrong with Thai people these days," Ko Tee the celebrity said, "In the past, you can have different opinion but there is no conflict, but nowadays, if you are not the same side, if you think differently, if you don′t wear the same colour shirt, they are enemy, isn′t that so?".

This needs to be repeated everywhere.

This is about the first sensible thing I've heard come from this clown.

• Like 1

This needs to be repeated everywhere.

This is about the first sensible thing I've heard come from this clown.

I like the way he says puat khee. It always makes me laugh.

• Like 1

Reminds me of some of the older comedians/actors whose following has gone downhill. They will try any publicity stunt to get themselves back on the front page. What some consider cute, when your preschool age is very fleeting in time. Some even have to go out and make a real contribution to society prior to being paid a living wage.

I have several "issues" here...

1) Is Khaosod something like NotTheNation? How can anyone possibly not tell these two guys apart?

2) If Ko Tee (them small one) actually said this...he just jumped a mile, in my perception of him?

But if 1) ...than no way 2)....

Prbkk, on 16 Jan 2014 - 10:35, said:Prbkk, on 16 Jan 2014 - 10:35, said:
noitom, on 16 Jan 2014 - 10:25, said:noitom, on 16 Jan 2014 - 10:25, said:

This celebrity is very full of himself and self absorbed as if all Thais are concerned about him.

at least the beer heiress is no longer visible......

Neither the beer in Isaan, unfortunately..........and it's my favourite branchsad.png

Edited by Costas2008

I know they both have the sort of looks only a mother could love but anyone who thinks these two are one and the same simply because they hear the same name can only be described as a moron.

ummm.. VOILA.. You said it. They are.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JoeThePoster" data-cid="7302357" data-time="1389917634"><p><p><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thai at Heart" data-cid="7301363" data-time="1389880116"><p>Those shows where he dresses up with the other hilarious comedians as women are comic genius.

• 3 weeks later...

ko-tee_2806810b.jpg

you can see how it would be easy to mix them up...

Article from a few days ago. This guy is in Bangkok now? What a nutter.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10606562/Thai-red-shirts-leader-says-Its-time-to-get-rid-of-the-elite.html

"This is already a war, but so far it is an unarmed war," said Ko Tee. "If there is a coup, or the election doesn't happen, then it definitely becomes an armed war."

If anyone doubted the abyss into which Thailand could be heading, Ko Tee - who has been accused of orchestrating grenade attacks on anti-government marches in the thai capital - is the living proof.

"I want there to be lots of violence to put an end to all this," he said. "I'm bored by speeches. It's time to clean the country, to get rid of the elite, all of them."

Edited by celso

I've read on Twitter that Koo Tee (Kim Jong-un II, not the funny one) is now going to Chaengwattana with a horde of Red Shirts.

"Tensing up in Laksi. Thousands of Reds ready to end siege of district office by Buddha Isara's group, say voting obstruction must end."

@sunaibkk 2:15 PM

How can a man that is openly calling for a Genocide and Mass Murder be freely walking on the streets?

Here is an article criticizing the frivolity of The Telegraph to handle the news about someone that is calling for a deadly genocide and mass murder.

http://altthainews.blogspot.com/2014/01/thailand-wall-streets-thaksin.html

And while the Telegraph shamelessly defends the deadly violence already carried out across the country by "Ko Tee" and other "red shirts" and his dreams of purging the elite, it utterly fails to mention that he and his "red shirts" constitute less than 7% of the Thai population and that the regime he plans to defend with violence is both illegitimate, and in the previous election that propelled it into power, not even backed by a majority of the eligible electorate.

The Telegraph almost celebrates the prospective bloodshed, and reiterates the overt lies peddled by the regime and its Western backers regarding the current political crisis in Thailand despite a large body of evidence suggesting otherwise. The Telegraph claims:

Those divisions pit the rural poor of the north and northeast of the country, who overwhelmingly support Pheu Thai, against the metropolitan middle class, the traditional ruling class and the Democrat Party's supporters in their stronghold of southern Thailand.
The red shirts regard Ms Yingluck as the head of a democratically-elected government whose populist policies have done more to benefit them than any previous administration.
However, even in the "rural poor of the north and northeast," the regime of Thaksin Shinawatra and his nepotist proxy, sister Yingluck Shinawatra, protests have been growing, including thousands of impoverished rice farmers who were cheated by his 2011 vote-buying "populist" rice scam that has collapses in scandal, corruption, and bankruptcy. And while the Telegraph and "Ko Tee" claim their planned campaign of terror and mass murder is aimed at the "elite," threats against these rice farmers and their families have already been made.

.../...

continue reading at http://altthainews.blogspot.com/2014/01/thailand-wall-streets-thaksin.html

• Like 1

ko-tee_2806810b.jpg

you can see how it would be easy to mix them up...

Article from a few days ago. This guy is in Bangkok now? What a nutter.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10606562/Thai-red-shirts-leader-says-Its-time-to-get-rid-of-the-elite.html

"This is already a war, but so far it is an unarmed war," said Ko Tee. "If there is a coup, or the election doesn't happen, then it definitely becomes an armed war."

If anyone doubted the abyss into which Thailand could be heading, Ko Tee - who has been accused of orchestrating grenade attacks on anti-government marches in the thai capital - is the living proof.

"I want there to be lots of violence to put an end to all this," he said. "I'm bored by speeches. It's time to clean the country, to get rid of the elite, all of them."

Pol Pot wannabe

• Like 1