All New Pcx 150 2014

tonysamui

Interesting that the capacity has dropped to 149 cc from 153. . There must be a tax, licensing reason in some country?

Also 4 valve up from 2. So should have a little more bottom end?

yep, strange as to drive it on the highways of USA, you need more than 150 cc and that is why old pcx was 153 cc before.

more valves are big plus and meas also a better top end. does it have a double cam now also?

Single cam and maybe the old 153cc's will go up in value for the highway riders?

Edit: here's a thought? The difference is .7mm in the bore. Maybe the US will get 153, everywhere else 149? Or a mix.

Edited by VocalNeal

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I refuse to spend any money on "bling" on it, changed rear shock absobers to YSS and added a net for the seat and that it.

I seen some in Pattaya that must have spent 100k baht on bling, he-he.

YSS well worth it - got the Fat Ass version, 90 - 110 kg.

Can't find the seat net here - will be in Pattaya for bike week.

Where did you pick up yours ??

Thanks

Sorry to ask, but what is the use of a "seat net" ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I bought the net in the GT rider shop on south pattaya road.

I find the seat much more comfortable now and it is not getting hot when parked in the sun so well worth the money, can't remember the price but less then 300 baht I think.

It also hide the ugly lady boy red color of the seat, he-he.

^ another supplicant to the the world of branding?biggrin.png It cost 300 baht. What label is on it is irrelevant.

DILLIGAD asked what they were. I posted a brand name to help him find this product.

Your assumption re: my motive for posting is false.

Interesting that the capacity has dropped to 149 cc from 153. . There must be a tax, licensing reason in some country?

Also 4 valve up from 2. So should have a little more bottom end?

Thank you for the heads-up : in Thailand you will pay a lower rate for the Government insurance for the new 'smaller' engine so new owners check you are not being overcharged the same as the older 150's with the 153cc engine

when is the 2014 model coming out?

i guess i would be letting go my 125. the new 2014 have fairly big changes. all led, 12v socket and finally a clock, a bigger tank and a larger battery. idling stop now would work as it should, reading battery charges now and off automatically

i guess i would be letting go my 125. the new 2014 have fairly big changes. all led, 12v socket and finally a clock, a bigger tank and a larger battery. idling stop now would work as it should, reading battery charges now and off automatically

And what is wrong with the current idle stop? It works just fine on my 150cc model.

And what is wrong with the current idle stop? It works just fine on my 150cc model.
Same but G/F says dealers told her not to use it as it causes problems!

Any thoughts?????

Any thoughts?????

Never used mine.

For what miniscule amount of fuel you would save, weighed against the cost of a new starter, seems to be a no-brainer to me.

Any thoughts?????

Been using my idle stop for over a year and no problem

Any thoughts?????

Turned mine off as soon as I got it and have never used it a complete waste of time in my opinion.

Any thoughts?????

Turned mine off as soon as I got it and have never used it a complete waste of time in my opinion.

Well I will keeping using my idle stop, nobody told me not to use it. I only get an average of 36 km/l (Pattaya city riding) so I try save as much as posilbe. If you come to a red light and you can see it's 60 sec before green light why not use it? I don't use it if less than 30 sec to green light.

My pcx150 is from 2012 and as mentioned before no problems what so ever.

Any thoughts?????

Well I will keeping using my idle stop, nobody told me not to use it. I only get an average of 36 km/l (Pattaya city riding) so I try save as much as posilbe. If you come to a red light and you can see it's 60 sec before green light why not use it? I don't use it if less than 30 sec to green light.

My pcx150 is from 2012 and as mentioned before no problems what so ever.

[i don't live in a city so have no traffic lights to worry about, have never bothered to check petrol milage as it uses such a small amount just fill it when required, if I had to worry about fuel milage I would just have to give up breathing!!!!

Well if you think I am worried because of petrol cost you are mistaken.

I try to save fuel as the fewer stops at the petrol stations the better.

And the less CO2 one "farts" the better, yes yes I know I won't save the world by using the idle stop, but it all counts and pressing the idle stop bottom is not very hard work, is it? I think I gain 1-2 km more per lit by using the idle stop so why on earth no use it?

Well if you think I am worried because of petrol cost you are mistaken.

I try to save fuel as the fewer stops at the petrol stations the better.

And the less CO2 one "farts" the better, yes yes I know I won't save the world by using the idle stop, but it all counts and pressing the idle stop bottom is not very hard work, is it? I think I gain 1-2 km more per lit by using the idle stop so why on earth no use it?

I agree,if it's there,why not use it....unless it will where out the starter and the battery significantly quicker,but no proof for that yet,I guess....

...in those new ECO cars it's different story thou,if you need the A/C to run...it wont without the engine running and you'll get hot very quickly ...I guess tongue.png

What's changed on the PCX fpr 2014? I've read it has all LED lighting, including the headlight?. higher capacity battery. and auto disable IdelStop if battery is low.

Is it already available in Thailand? What color choices? What price?

"and auto disable IdelStop if battery is low." That wasn't already a feature!

Idle/Stop is hard on the battery and will probably lead to premature battery and starter failure for PCX doing high mileage....that's if the owner uses it.

and a clock!

So they changed the idle/stop? Mmmm Maybe the mechanics told the G/F right then??????/

I would suspect, that after X years, with batteries getting older they have realized that if a bike stops with idle stop and they battery is low the rider is now stranded in the middle lane at a traffic light. Many battery powered products now have low voltage cut of operation. It is just another evolution.

Or it is Bangkok traffic where the idle stop is getting really used.whistling.gif