tonysamui

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bought a PCX in Kamala for 82k all in.

79k in Phuket town but they didn't have any. They want 10k down, could be a week or a month.

It will be interesting to see how the flat finish works out. I got a white one.

So did I.

Not bad. Is the Airblade only available in Viet Nam or are they available in Thailand?

Honda Airblade:

92_49_1358911644_44_Air-Blade-125-7.jpg

Haven't seen a new Airblade for years. It's a pity because when it was time to replace the mother in law's I had to go with the new PCX. And as I ride it on my morning coffee runs I am not enjoying the upgrade.

It was lower powered and more compact and yet still well made and strong...perfect for my needs.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just bought mine from Nat Honda in Chiang Mai. 79900.

Really like it, very smooth and good power. I'm stepping up from a2006 airblade.

Kind of feel that if Honda were Toyota the pcx would be a Lexus. Has a good quality feel about it.

The only thing I dislike so far is the key lock cover automatically closes when you lock the ignition and have to fiddle around to open it. Annoying when just going to the shops.

^ How much riding do you do? Price an object?

There are lots of more upright bikes.

I'm not riding anything right now, but once I arrive in the LOS I plan to rent a few different makes/models to see what suits me best.

I will likely be buying a used model from an Expat that is upgrading or returning home as those bikes tend to be better maintained.

• 3 months later...

I have owned one PCX 150 and am about to buy another (2013 model) Used, 5000klms. The recomended fuel is 91 but i was told recently they perform noticeably better with 95. Any experts out there can tell me if any harm can be done using 95?

I have owned one PCX 150 and am about to buy another (2013 model) Used, 5000klms. The recomended fuel is 91 but i was told recently they perform noticeably better with 95. Any experts out there can tell me if any harm can be done using 95?

I owned 2 PCX and now a Forza - total of about 35k km always with Gasohol 95 without any problems

I owned 2 PCX and now a Forza - total of about 35k km always with Gasohol 95 without any problems

I only run 91 (green) E10 I think it's called on my pcx 150 from 2012, no problems, it runs smoothly.

No harm done by using 95 and it might run slightly better but I haven't tired myself.

Higher octane will normally mean higher temp ignition point on the fuel so high comp rate bikes must use 95 as min or they can start "knocking".

Have used Shell 95 since new, unless I get stuck somewhere that I can't find it.

All my small engines I use high octane. The fuel tanks are so small, and they use such a small amount of fuel, that the cost savings I believe is offset by the better performance.

But I'm old school - we used to use 115/145 AvGas in our 2-strokes !! With Castrol R !!

From what i can gather it seems to me the changes in the new model are cosmetic only. Can someone confirm that the engine/drivechain/performace are the same, or not?

Yes they are the same engine/transmission/performance wise.

The new one have bigger fuel tank (huge improvement) and a "smart" idle stop funtion.

I have a 2012 150cc model and I am happy with it and it's not worth upgrading considered the money I will loose if doing so.

The stock alarm stopped working on mine but then after a month it started to work again?? Other than that no problems and still on the original battery despite using the idle stop a lot.

I might sell it if the new Forza 125 can be had here at a good price, next year I think it will be launched.

The lighting is all LED on the new model. Mine is the previous model and it has the start/stop engine switch but we were told by the Honda mechanic not to use it as it can cause problems????

Well you are not listening too much to a Thai mechanic, are you?biggrin.png

Used the idle stop for over 2 years on mine, no problems. Off-course use it smartly, mine is not on all the time but when I can see there is +1 min to green lights, I use it.

Picked up my PCX 150 yesterday, couldn't be happier. Have been riding a Neovo 135 after having my first PCX stolen 6mnths ago. The Neovo was a great bike but once you've owned a PCX there's no going back. Both PCX's had (have) idle stop which i only use like Guzzi. Will change the seat, leavers & shocks (YSS) over the next few days.

From what i can gather it seems to me the changes in the new model are cosmetic only. Can someone confirm that the engine/drivechain/performace are the same, or not?

The new one have bigger fuel tank (huge improvement) and a "smart" idle stop funtion.

I have a 2012 150cc model and I am happy with it and it's not worth upgrading considered the money I will loose if doing so.

The stock alarm stopped working on mine but then after a month it started to work again?? Other than that no problems and still on the original battery despite using the idle stop a lot.

I might sell it if the new Forza 125 can be had here at a good price, next year I think it will be launched.

I am hanging on to see what sort of a refresh Honda will do to the Forza, but a Forza 125? Won't that be a bit underpowered for such a big scooter?

Edited by phetphet

I am hanging on to see what sort of a refresh Honda will do to the Forza, but a Forza 125? Won't that be a bit underpowered for such a big scooter?

new honda forza 125cc is released as a sport scooter and it has a healthy 15 hp engine and promise fast roll ons and good acceleration up to 100 km which is possibly faster than a pcx and other scoots in around this cc bracket. also it can swallow two full face helmets under seat!

hope honda releases it here.

Hello all,

This is John from Hong Kong and owner of a 2014 PCX150. I started riding in 1979 and my current big bike is a 2009 Buell XB12R 1203cc V-twin.

My first trip to BKK and Phuket my wife and I rented a Honda Zoomer X that hauled our 300+ pounds all over the place and it was a blast.These are not available in HK so I picked up the PCX instead.

Impressions:

Suspension is weak especially 2 up, definitely need springs and shocks.

Engine is typical great Honda quality, gets 2.2/100km without using idle stop(old school scared of burning out starter or battery dying).

Styling, I can barely tell the difference between the older and new besides seat.

Storage underseat is okay, will probably get a top box soon.

Conclusion:

This is a win win for me, wife will ride on the back(won't on Buell), gets great fuel economy, can park it covered in alley and not worry about being stolen(in HK), and it's not too bad looking.

Soo, if anybody knows where I can order springs, shocks, exhaust that takes Paypal that would be great. Prices in HK are crazy expensive and I just spent more for the Honda than I paid for my Buell in the US.

Let me know,

John

Are you saying that a pcx 150 is more in HK than a Buell in the US, fxxx me man, that's crazy but I also read that a parking space for your car can cost up to +1 mill US$ so I beleive you.

Perhaps you can try contacting forum sponsor Sumetcycle and see if he will ship the needed parts to you. I know he ship within Thailand so why not HK and thus expanding his business overseas, he-he.

Hello all,

This is John from Hong Kong and owner of a 2014 PCX150. I started riding in 1979 and my current big bike is a 2009 Buell XB12R 1203cc V-twin.

My first trip to BKK and Phuket my wife and I rented a Honda Zoomer X that hauled our 300+ pounds all over the place and it was a blast.These are not available in HK so I picked up the PCX instead.

Impressions:

Suspension is weak especially 2 up, definitely need springs and shocks.

Engine is typical great Honda quality, gets 2.2/100km without using idle stop(old school scared of burning out starter or battery dying).

Styling, I can barely tell the difference between the older and new besides seat.

Storage underseat is okay, will probably get a top box soon.

Conclusion:

This is a win win for me, wife will ride on the back(won't on Buell), gets great fuel economy, can park it covered in alley and not worry about being stolen(in HK), and it's not too bad looking.

Soo, if anybody knows where I can order springs, shocks, exhaust that takes Paypal that would be great. Prices in HK are crazy expensive and I just spent more for the Honda than I paid for my Buell in the US.

Let me know,

John

you can google; k speed bangkok, 320sp, u turn shop, riders connect, bikers.co.th and many more.

Also check pcx150 club Thailand as i am sure you can get a lot of info with the help of google translation.

good luck.

• 2 weeks later...