Police team given task of arresting Suthep

webfact

Well hopefully by the end of the day this lunatic will be behind bars. Bail shouldn't be an option.

Only 23,000 protestors out of 6 million left, geez people are really waking up to him.

well your lunatic friend is still to sh*t scare to even show his face here at least someone is trying to get rid of this crooked government

Who is my lunatic friend???? Oh wait I don't like Suthep so I must like Thaksin. Thaksin is a fugitive who should be in a cell along Suthep as I despise them both so it can't be Thaksin who is my lunatic friend. Please enlighten me as to who it is.

• Like 2

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just me, or is the whole shutdown thing more of a joke? Not sure though if they'll get Suthep arrested after so many failures of trying to do so.

I wouldn't say it was a joke. The numbers are still there, it is not a call on the masses, it's a shutdown and needs minimal people, so they go about their lives as normal. It ain't fun standing out in the BKK sun all day.

CAPO always play the figures right down and the red farang cling onto CAPO's every last word. They are the JOKE.

This weekend will see a huge boost in numbers, and by next week the rice farmers will be in town probably. If it is status quo by Monday, this is going to get stepped up. Most protests start like this, they slowly morph into something a bit more radical, and then it tends to spiral out of control.

But they won't ever leave and Suthep will never get arrested, it is all just lip service, they know that would spark something rather unpleasant, and the government will not be on the good end of it. The aeronautical radio will deffo get seized and that will be all flights grounded.

Personally, I hope they just hurry up and get to the end game already. No point postponing the inevitable.

thats true he will never be arrested....but if he becomes a liability to his bosses who pull the strings he might end up like Sondhi and they will try to get rid of him - he knows too much!

He still has hope though - they are even too stupid to carry out an assassination as the Sondhi case shows!

Sad to see anyone openly advocating assassination and murder without trial. But, hardly surprising remembering the 2,500 murdered in the war on drugs, Tai Bak incident, and one or two disappearing critics.

Hello - please do not read anything into my post that is not there - read my post nobody is advocating anything - I have simply stated what is fact - Sondhi became a liability and they tried to assassinate him. And the same could happen to Suthep - trying to blame the government for it.

more than 100 shots fired and Sondhi survived - Bullet casings engraved with the initials of the Royal Thai Army were collected from the shooting scene - which was of course very soon after denied by the highest military leadership. And with stupid I mean wannabe assassins firing more than 100 shots throwing around with grenades and leave engraved bullet shells behind!

Two nights ago Suthep was standing within a couple dozen metres of a Police Station, clearly makred and visible in the near background -- and this was after the arrest warrants were issued days earlier.

Obviously the government is filled with liars, and one cannot believe a single word.

As for the number of people protesting, the mere suggestion that there are only 23,000 (a college football game crowd) is proof positive that the emotional message being propagandized is all that matters. The sad testimony is the fools who believe such nonsense despite the huge crowds right before their own eyes.

• Like 1

I mean, they talk such a load of <deleted> in this Country!!! They've got a warrant for his arrest, yet he's pictured walking down a public street, with not a care in the world with no sign of any 'special teams' or any other BiB around!!!! The whole place is a farce!!!!

Police haven't even cleared out unmanned barriers - it's not likely he will be arrested anytime soon.....and he would be out on bail straight afterwards anyway....so much for rule of law, and the MAJORITY of silent voters must suffer.

Last night Channel News Asia reported the government had ' urged ' the police to arrest Suthep and a couple of weeks ago the National Police Chief ' urged ' his men to do their job over an issue I can't recall.

What's wrong with words like " instruct ', " direct ', ' order ' etc or is there a fear of violating human rights by being too forceful ?

Of course parents being urged to look after their children takes a bit of beating.

Amazing Thailand indeed.

Ssshhhhh...... I'm hoping this will catch on and that in future the Immigration police will only 'urge' us get our visas renewed on time. smile.png

Last night Channel News Asia reported the government had ' urged ' the police to arrest Suthep and a couple of weeks ago the National Police Chief ' urged ' his men to do their job over an issue I can't recall.

What's wrong with words like " instruct ', " direct ', ' order ' etc or is there a fear of violating human rights by being too forceful ?

Of course parents being urged to look after their children takes a bit of beating.

Amazing Thailand indeed.

Ssshhhhh...... I'm hoping this will catch on and that in future the Immigration police will only 'urge' us get our visas renewed on time. smile.png

Then catch up with you as an over stayer and urge payment of a bribe to avoid official action ? TIT

There is no question that the brain-child of an idea that Surapong and the police have to arrest Suthep will unquestionably backfire and really agitate the people of the street who are already highly antagonistic towards this administration. It would simply intensify the protest. But it would certainly prove one thing - that the fantasy that the resistance to this administration would simply crumble without him would be finally laid to rest.

• Like 2

Two nights ago Suthep was standing within a couple dozen metres of a Police Station, clearly makred and visible in the near background -- and this was after the arrest warrants were issued days earlier.

Obviously the government is filled with liars, and one cannot believe a single word.

As for the number of people protesting, the mere suggestion that there are only 23,000 (a college football game crowd) is proof positive that the emotional message being propagandized is all that matters. The sad testimony is the fools who believe such nonsense despite the huge crowds right before their own eyes.

International news sources are putting the number at 7,000 for Thursday morning.

From all the protestor selfies posted on Facebook (many of my friends included) it seems the fun is coming to an end. Most thought it would be a 2-day thing; be part of a revolution, "I was there", sort of thing. They assumed Yingluck would step down sharpish. They enjoyed the food, the carnival atmosphere, hats, whistles, face-painting, feelings of national pride, etc. The reality is very few actually understand politics or really care about it. Few have any idea that ousting the government in such a way would do more harm to the country than good.

The fact remains: If you want to replace a democratically elected government then you have to present those who voted that government in with a viable alternative. You have to prove why the people would be better off if you got into power. If the current government is corrupt and guilty of crimes against the nation, then the courts must order investigations and follow through with subsequent prosecutions and expulsions.

If your right and I suspect you are things will either turn violent or peter out by the end of next week in my opinion. This weekend will naturally see big crowds as other weekend rally's have over the past couple of months, however when Monday morning rolls around I suspect the PDRC will become increasingly desperate.

The fact that the PDRC and the Democrats are blaming the PTP for the random acts of violence against the protesters just shows how desperate they have become blaming extremist actions on the government that is actually ordering the police to protect the protesters. These are not the actions of a government that wants violence, they are the actions of a government that want's to avoid violence so they don't end up on trial for murder like Suthep

There is no question that the brain-child of an idea that Surapong and the police have to arrest Suthep will unquestionably backfire and really agitate the people of the street who are already highly antagonistic towards this administration. It would simply intensify the protest. But it would certainly prove one thing - that the fantasy that the resistance to this administration would simply crumble without him would be finally laid to rest.

As the article said

"Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, who is head of the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order, called a meeting of top officials from concerned agencies at the Defence Ministry's Permanent Secretary Office, with Adul joining the meeting via videoconferencing."

There is defiantly enough fire power there to arrest him.

As you have correctly pointed out they are very much afraid. To do so would reenergize the protestors movement. The government knows that it was honest citizens from the grass roots holding the protest and not receiving money for their services. Suthep came along after the protests had started and were uniting. They had to pay for it out of their own pocket and having families to support had to return to work. They never the less remain supporters of the movement and Suthep

This is part of the reason they have held off arresting him. If you pay close attention to their actions you will notice that they are taking steps towards following Suthep's suggestions. They after two and a half years have decided the government needs reforming and are willing to do that. Being nothing more than a temporary care taker government in the last few days they have decided to start a council up on reforming the government. They are unwilling to let it form unless under their control. But they have not yet come to the point where they will allow it unless it is under there control.

To achieve these ends they are not as of yet going to stop a costly election from going through that they know will be meaningless as there will not be enough seats filled to meet a quorum. This to me would indicate a lack of concern where the public money goes. That I am sure comes as no surprise to any one.

I am not sure how it works. There can be no vote on who is to be Prime Minister and I believe there is a time limit on how long the current temporary one can hold that office. Who would appoint the new one? If it was too continue to be Yingluck would that also not reenergize the protest. Let us remember it was not Suthep who started the protest with the backing of rich people. It was the grass roots people who started it themselves with money out of their own pocket.

That is not some thing they are going to forget. It is not like the red shirts in 2010 who willingly surrendered after their pay checks were cut off. These are real citizens who have real knowledge of the corruption at the government level and the audacity of the government in saying they will not abide by the decisions of the Constitutional court. These people can not be bought off.

Edited by northernjohn

From all the protestor selfies posted on Facebook (many of my friends included) it seems the fun is coming to an end. Most thought it would be a 2-day thing; be part of a revolution, "I was there", sort of thing. They assumed Yingluck would step down sharpish. They enjoyed the food, the carnival atmosphere, hats, whistles, face-painting, feelings of national pride, etc. The reality is very few actually understand politics or really care about it. Few have any idea that ousting the government in such a way would do more harm to the country than good.

The fact remains: If you want to replace a democratically elected government then you have to present those who voted that government in with a viable alternative. You have to prove why the people would be better off if you got into power. If the current government is corrupt and guilty of crimes against the nation, then the courts must order investigations and follow through with subsequent prosecutions and expulsions.

Second para: you talk in abstractions. Ask the people of Egypt how it worked out in practice.

Sure...he will be arrested and spend some time in jail..Sure he will like that..Sure it Is the best propaganda he can get. Sure will be violence because that ....Sure..will be new elections...some day.... after a new military coup....

Do you remember - "Burn bangkok"!! "If they come for you send them to me"!! "Go to every hall in every province and burn the town hall"? They couldnt arrest him - he still walking around - why Suthep different!!? Oh - because red shirt dont like him?

That's not exactly what Nattawud said. But they did arrest him, remember? He spent 9 months in jail. Which is 9 months more than anyone from the side opposing red shirts has spent, at least of the leadership. Anyway, they arrested him when he surrended (they couldn't really do otherwise), and it'll be the same in Suthep's case. Unless he wins, of course.

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

As I posted yesterday, I don't see any point in making a concerted effort to arrest Suthep at this point as it could very well serve as a 'flash' point to incite violence. Enough of that going around at the moment as it is. The government should have been pro-active in preventing the extent of the shut down from the outset. Now that the genie is out of the bottle, so to speak, what is to be served by arresting Suthep? He will be charged and released on bail as was another protest leader. Form over substance if you ask me. The BMA and any future government in Thailand must come up with reasonable guidelines for protests, such as permissible locations, security arrangements, limits on disruptions to traffic, hours for rally activity, noise levels, and the ability to identify situations that clearly impede on the public safety and the ability of people to earn their livelihood. In addition, there must be clear consequences in line with internationally accepted standards if protestors go beyond the guidelines. As it stands now, everything is ad hoc. I totally support the right of people to protest and to petition the government to address their grievances. However, the rights of everyone in society must be respected and balanced. Respect is the key for resolving this impasse in political ideals. There was an interesting statement by Jonathan Head at the FCCT last night about the current situation in Thailand. He said that he understood that democracy involves more than elections. However, democracy cannot be 'less than elections'.

Absolutely correct, but with a new government every few years, out comes another constitution. In effect there is no continuity in any of the picture. The Constitution to some extent and I'm talking about a new one, should be permanent with no changes allowed unless under extraordinary circumstances, such as in countries like Aust, NZ, America, England etc etc. Hope this happens sooner rather then later.

So we got the team to arrest him (and obviously a warrant???) so how long's it gonna take? Less talking and more action me thinks.

And Suthep's response to the warrant

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Monty Python.

If your right and I suspect you are things will either turn violent or peter out by the end of next week in my opinion. This weekend will naturally see big crowds as other weekend rally's have over the past couple of months, however when Monday morning rolls around I suspect the PDRC will become increasingly desperate.

The fact that the PDRC and the Democrats are blaming the PTP for the random acts of violence against the protesters just shows how desperate they have become blaming extremist actions on the government that is actually ordering the police to protect the protesters. These are not the actions of a government that wants violence, they are the actions of a government that want's to avoid violence so they don't end up on trial for murder like Suthep

Hahaha people have been saying that for 2 months 'It will start getting violent _____whenever'

Violence is only in the interests of the government which is why their cronies have been attacking protestors and peoples houses in the dead of night in cowardly fashion...The protests are 99.9% peaceful. There have been a few minor incidents admittedly. TRhey will stay peaceful for the mosst part until they are stirred up by the police or the government's 'mysterious third hand'.

Talking of which there has just been a small explosive device. At least 4 people injured. It was thrown from an abandoned building at the pickup with the loudspeakers. . PDRC have stormed it looking for who threw it and there was gunfire. Seems the goveernment is trying to silence the opposition as ever.

• Like 1

Hahaha people have been saying that for 2 months 'It will start getting violent _____whenever'

Violence is only in the interests of the government which is why their cronies have been attacking protestors and peoples houses in the dead of night in cowardly fashion...The protests are 99.9% peaceful. There have been a few minor incidents admittedly. TRhey will stay peaceful for the mosst part until they are stirred up by the police or the government's 'mysterious third hand'.

The protesters are not going to acheive their goals without military intervention in the form of a coup, that much is clear. The protesters have been going on for nearly 3 months now and there is not going to be a "people's revolution" that sweeps the PDRC into power.

Even with 150,000 behind him Suthep was no closer to his goals, now with the numbers down as low 7,000 on Thursday morning the protests appear to be running out of steam.

Why would the government be the perpetrators of the violence its completely contrary to their goals, no violence means the protests slowly peter out as people have to go back to their lives where they have bills to pay and jobs to work.

People keep saying the government wants violence and a coup and I can't understand why. Violence and/or a coup only hurts the governments credibility especially after how much they enjoyed the pat on the head from the Americans for keeping the peace.

• Like 1

As I posted yesterday, I don't see any point in making a concerted effort to arrest Suthep at this point as it could very well serve as a 'flash' point to incite violence. Enough of that going around at the moment as it is. The government should have been pro-active in preventing the extent of the shut down from the outset. Now that the genie is out of the bottle, so to speak, what is to be served by arresting Suthep? He will be charged and released on bail as was another protest leader. Form over substance if you ask me. The BMA and any future government in Thailand must come up with reasonable guidelines for protests, such as permissible locations, security arrangements, limits on disruptions to traffic, hours for rally activity, noise levels, and the ability to identify situations that clearly impede on the public safety and the ability of people to earn their livelihood. In addition, there must be clear consequences in line with internationally accepted standards if protestors go beyond the guidelines. As it stands now, everything is ad hoc. I totally support the right of people to protest and to petition the government to address their grievances. However, the rights of everyone in society must be respected and balanced. Respect is the key for resolving this impasse in political ideals. There was an interesting statement by Jonathan Head at the FCCT last night about the current situation in Thailand. He said that he understood that democracy involves more than elections. However, democracy cannot be 'less than elections'.

Absolutely correct, but with a new government every few years, out comes another constitution. In effect there is no continuity in any of the picture. The Constitution to some extent and I'm talking about a new one, should be permanent with no changes allowed unless under extraordinary circumstances, such as in countries like Aust, NZ, America, England etc etc. Hope this happens sooner rather then later.

The last Constitution was the result of a coup -- not a 'new' government. IMHO, the continuity issue is the result the Army treating itself as an independent branch of government that is not answerable to an elected government. This is certainly not the case in Australia, NZ, USA, England, etc., etc. Unfortunately, a coup may happen again very soon and resolve absolutely nothing.

Edited by pookiki

You can always tell when someone is lying. Like right now.

RT @BPbreakingnews: 1.15pm: Explosive device thrown at protesters on Banthad Thong road, at least 8 injured, Bluesky reports. #bpnews

• Admin
  • 98,810 posts

Posted 20 minutes ago

Explosion sounds heard near Chaeng Wattana rally site

BANGKOK: -- Explosion sounds like those of giant firecrackers were heard near the Chaeng Wattana rally site at noon Friday.

The sounds heard from the side of the Prapa Canal prompted security guards and protesters to retreat to stay behind their barriers.

Lying? I don't think so.

• Like 1

is it just me, or is the whole shutdown thing more of a joke? Not sure though if they'll get Suthep arrested after so many failures of trying to do so.

I wouldn't say it was a joke. The numbers are still there, it is not a call on the masses, it's a shutdown and needs minimal people, so they go about their lives as normal. It ain't fun standing out in the BKK sun all day.

CAPO always play the figures right down and the red farang cling onto CAPO's every last word. They are the JOKE.

This weekend will see a huge boost in numbers, and by next week the rice farmers will be in town probably. If it is status quo by Monday, this is going to get stepped up. Most protests start like this, they slowly morph into something a bit more radical, and then it tends to spiral out of control.

But they won't ever leave and Suthep will never get arrested, it is all just lip service, they know that would spark something rather unpleasant, and the government will not be on the good end of it. The aeronautical radio will deffo get seized and that will be all flights grounded.

Personally, I hope they just hurry up and get to the end game already. No point postponing the inevitable.

I see that you have an inside line to the protests. I understand also that you are coming down to Bkk this weekend to boost up the numbers. Could you do me a favour? Please tell the protesters in Asoke to keep up the good work. Traffic along Asok and Sukhumvit has never been as free flowing as in the past week.

I love being able to fly along Asok / Rachada to Big C for a quick shop or to Huay Kwang for some food and R&R and then sail back down the way I came, with nary a car or bus to block my path. I hope they will keep up the blockades for the next couple of years at least.

So we got the team to arrest him (and obviously a warrant???) so how long's it gonna take? Less talking and more action me thinks.

And Suthep's response to the warrant

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

Monty Python.

I don't foresee any problem if he is arrested all he does is say the charges are politically motivated and doesn't recognise the jurisdiction of the courts, and then book himself a flight to the Olympics

Problem solved

Do you remember - "Burn bangkok"!! "If they come for you send them to me"!! "Go to every hall in every province and burn the town hall"? They couldnt arrest him - he still walking around - why Suthep different!!? Oh - because red shirt dont like him?

That's not exactly what Nattawud said. But they did arrest him, remember? He spent 9 months in jail. Which is 9 months more than anyone from the side opposing red shirts has spent, at least of the leadership. Anyway, they arrested him when he surrended (they couldn't really do otherwise), and it'll be the same in Suthep's case. Unless he wins, of course.

Why you talk about Nattawud? This JUTHAPORN!!!!