Bangkok governor's home bombed

webfact

There have been several attacks. Police arrested four suspects carrying hand grenedes, but "Pol Col Kumthorn Ouicharoen, an explosives-ordnance disposal expert, said the bomb at the Democrat leader's house was an M26 hand grenade but the ones found at Bang Na were RGB5."

The M26 is an American grenade that is provided to the Thai military. The RGB5 is actually the RGD5, a Soviet made explosive. Mr.Bout, a Soviet arms dealer, was arrested in Thailand and deported to the US for trial in 2013.

It seems Mr. Bout may have been here on business.

Both sides seem to have ready access to riot-causing gear.sad.png

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"He condemned the attack, saying the bomb attack was tantamount to attack the prehistoric place"

Prehistoric place??? Does he live in a cave?

Or perhaps it's often occupied by political dinosaurs, of whatever colour ? rolleyes.gif

Suan Pakkad Palace Museum is a historical place. It seems to be the first museum established in Thailand, and it contains a collection of antiquities. It contains prehistoric arts from Ban Chiang

Edited by MGP

First of all, it would be very inconsistent with the policy of non-engagement by the caretaker government. An act of violence against the Democrat party leader like Mr. Abhisit or the Bkk Governor would immediately be blamed on the caretaker government - Right?

So if you were a thinking man - wouldn't you agree?

First the Democratic Party headquarters area is sprayed with gunfire. Then a hand grenade thrown at Abhisit's house. Now the same thing at the area where the BKK governor (a Democrat) lives.

Are we beginning to sense a pattern here???

And yet no one seems to be throwing explosives at YL or her minion's homes. Wonder why?

Actually, the seemingly pacifist public posture of the government would probably lead a marginally thinking man to come to your conclusions.

A profoundly thinking man, with some experience in PR and deceptive practices, would conclude that this is precisely the kind of posture that would deflect blame from the government or its allies.

well, whoever is doing this, we can be grateful that they are totally inept, having failed 100% if the aim was to hurt someone of status. Sadly, many innocent "small people" haven't had the same good fortune over the past few years

Are they inept - or simply following orders, intimidate but don't hurt or kill?

No one knows which side is doing this, but the MO and past MOs may suggest a clue.

First the Democratic Party headquarters area is sprayed with gunfire. Then a hand grenade thrown at Abhisit's house. Now the same thing at the area where the BKK governor (a Democrat) lives.

Are we beginning to sense a pattern here???

And yet no one seems to be throwing explosives at YL or her minion's homes. Wonder why?

However all the red fanboys keep crying 'fake', 'false flag attack' - as in the protest leaders are bombing their own houses to dry and drum up support. If anything the violence makes protestors leave out of fear of violence so that logic ( lack of ) is badly flawed.

You have to remember the term "organised" here often means someone decides to do something and off they go and do it.......... remember we are dealing with thainess here........ they react they dont plan.

Does anyone not find it Ironic but hardly surprising the only time the reds ( if that is who is behind these attacks ) get violent is when their democratic rights are under threat ? they were in 2010 and they are now, they are the legal winners of the last election and yet they are here again 2 years early, but ok they are prepared to elect again, but no they are being pushed at every turn to force another government on them or another coup. In any onther country with a democratic system this would be intolerable as well.

There is an election taking place yet the protesters still demand a fascist type solution, the government is legally legally elected and a minority wont take it to the ballot box to fight it but are trying to get installed by another mean..again.

Really you have to forget about the corruption for a second and see when you try to mess with peoples rights to vote try to de legitamise that right or not accept the will of the people they are likely to get very angry.

People have been patient they will not be forever. I back neither but can see what it coming if the will of the people and by that i mean by election, is not respected

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

"He (Suthep) thanked the red-shirt leader if his attempt was achieved as his protest will add two more million people to join the mass protest."

6 Million here, 2 Million there, at this rate, there'll be no room left to protest, Bangkok will be full of people whistling..............whistling.gif

I read on BP that a poll indicated 20% of Bangkok citizens joined the protests. With 5 - 6 million officially that would be 1 million ++.

Of course no one believed polls in Thailand anyway.

BTW protesters just seem to have got foreign support added, with you whistling

"He explored sadness over the attack"

"attack the prehistoric place"

"He said that the attack was well planned and was carried out by the same group of attackers."

Dreadful reporting!......Where do these "journalists" come from......do they actually graduate form somewhere.....or as it seems, kids of connected people/relatives......!

I believe journalists are graduated from the same academy than the police lieutenants.

Same school, same forensic experts.

And of course, they will never find any culprits.

The M26 incorporates both a safety pin and a cocking lever which detaches the minute it leaves the combatant's hand therefore such cocking levers, should be in relative proximity to the point in which the grenade was thrown. . The pin on it's own means very little No cocking lever means the grenade was most likely not thrown from or near the location of the pin. The single most detrimental fact in this country is that in most aspects it has zero credibility.

National Police Office Deputy Commissioner said " The attack was well planned and carried out by the same group of individuals" <deleted>. How could he possibly know that unless he was privileged to inside information !!!!

Just more crap from these omnipotent little puppets who think everyone is as dumb as they are.

National Police Office Deputy Commissioner said " The attack was well planned and carried out by the same group of individuals" <deleted>. How could he possibly know that unless he was privileged to inside information !!!!

Just more crap from these omnipotent little puppets who think everyone is as dumb as they are.

Now please pay attention my dear boy.

The NPODC did know because after having returned the grenade pin used in the attack on Abhisit's house, it was found again

"A pin of the M 26 grenade was found near the scene. It was the same pin of the grenade used in the attack of opposition Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajivas home this week."

The NPODC did know because after having returned the grenade pin used in the attack on Abhisit's house, it was found again

"A pin of the M 26 grenade was found near the scene. It was the same pin of the grenade used in the attack of opposition Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajivas home this week."

I think they mean it was the same TYPE of hand grenade pin -- meaning, the same type of grenade was used in both attacks. Not that the same exact pin was re-used a second time.

Saying first of all that any vile attack like this is to be condemned and perpetrators jailed, I wonder how in the news things change (or are manipulated) depending on the source.

The Nation: hand grenade.

Bangkok Post and other 2: ping pong bomb - IED

Where's the truth?

The truth is certainly not in your post. The first 4 words of the BP article is "An M26 hand grenade".

I made a mistake, once read many different reports and tweets... I already corrected it, thanks for your heads up.

I also read something like firecracker?

So, if different reporters different news. Never mind of accuracy.

It is not a big deal to us. It is only for our brainstorming

Saying first of all that any vile attack like this is to be condemned and perpetrators jailed, I wonder how in the news things change (or are manipulated) depending on the source.

The Nation: hand grenade.

Bangkok Post and other 2: ping pong bomb - IED

Where's the truth?

The truth is certainly not in your post. The first 4 words of the BP article is "An M26 hand grenade".

I made a mistake, once read many different reports and tweets... I already corrected it, thanks for your heads up.

I also read something like firecracker?

So, if different reporters different news. Never mind of accuracy.

It is not a big deal to us. It is only for our brainstorming

I admit I made confusion about BP, but sure I read reports and twits about firecracker, ping pong bomb, and generic IED...

Sure rely on Thai newspaper for news, it's a headache.

I wonder if this is one of those things the Impatient Protesters might do to fan the flames of unrest?

"RT @BangkokDan: The Nation's Pravit on Al Jazeera - Protesters get impatient, we might soon see something more drastic. "

I don't. Why concoct a conspiracy theory when there is an obvious explanation that these are disgruntled supporters of the government trying to send a message to those they see as enemies, particularly right after Natawut the arsonist has just declared the Bangkok governor an enemy? They've done this kind of thing many times before after all.

If it was impatient protesters surely they'd be throwing grenades at Yingluck's house, not Abhisit's and the Bangkok governor's.

Another staged fake non-attack. coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif pagespeed_url_hash=2220208811 width=32 height=24>

Staged by who? Please enlighten us all on your secret source of inside information. If you can't please don't bother us with groundless speculation and keep your mindless red shirt propaganda and conspiracy theories to yourself.

Sadly you may well be right.

I personally don't give a F%*k who blames who in this juvenile game of finger pointing but when some retarded monkey goes about trying to destroy an museum and art gallery , gardens and great examples of Thai architecture then the a*w**e should be a*s*** fed for the next thousand years. Suan Pakkad Palace was the first place i visited when i came here many years ago and i always take people there so it has a special value for me and i am extremely intolerant of lowlife no brained cretans destroying art and cultural treasures like Suan Pakkard Palace . Does not matter how much or how little damage it has caused it is still the act of a inbreed retard. Pisses me off somewhat. Go play your silly games elsewhere.