More bombings and gunfire rock Bangkok's anti-government protests

webfact

Some op here even praise the reds for attacking the protesters.

What type of mentality is that?

No matter which side, violence should be condemned.

But we can understand some particularly OP in TV can comment any rubbish as they like, promoting violence.

Probably the OP is not a Thai citizen, so doesn't care about the killings between the Thai people.

I agree with what you say. No matter what side you guys are on, but promoting or condoning violence, is vile and irresponsible.

Posters of both sides doing that should take a break, get a deep breath and try to post without doing personal attacks and approving any violence act.

But I know someone here loves to do that...

• Like 2

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some op here even praise the reds for attacking the protesters.

What type of mentality is that?.....But we can understand some particularly OP in TV can comment any rubbish as they like, promoting violence.

Unfortunately, the mentality is symptomatic of a multitude of keyboard warriors. Many posts have to be taken with many grains of salt.

post-108400-057263600 1284084803_thumb.j

Haven't we all at one time or another been guilty?

And another image comes to mind.....

post-108400-0-58023900-1389953348_thumb.

Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 1

Exercising your right to protest peacefully is a democratic right. It also appears to be a dangerous thing to do these days.

I agree that protesting peacefully is fine in the right place BUT blocking roads, bridges, causing economic hardship and major inconvience to others etc is not! Protest in a field some place and not in the centre of Bangkok as one gets tired of selfish ass*oles pushing their own agenda without the slightest thought for others!

A protest on an empty field, outside the city, is hardly practical, if you want attention.

As longs a private or public property stays unharmed, I am fine with that!

I was fine with that in 2010 and I am fine with it now.

I still think it's Bangkok citizens and youth gangs doing most of this. The citizens are fed up with the protest and the youth gangs have nothing better to do. Very little proven it is Red Shirts, but it may be Bangkok citizens who lean towards the Reds. Another group would be rogue military or police.

Sure, the Bangkok citizens LOL.

What central Bangkok middle class condo resident doesn't have few grenades laying around balcony, yes?

Remember the post i made the other day about certain people financially affected and getting fed up and what might happen ? seems he was right, someones certainly got fed up.

I can't say if is this is the result but i think what Alwyn is saying is there are always consequences.

yes i do think it has to be done in elections and its down to the country to come up with a party that takes away the power from PTP, otherwise you risk violence and plenty will say you need to break a few eggs to make an omelette. This may be true but is stealing money really that important when the alternative are deaths of innocents ?

Personally and in my experience there is no such thing as peaceful and successful protests that change a thing, movements that do work peacefully take time, a long time.

This protest is pushing too hard for things to not escalate. I pray others dont get hurt and would rather see this fought out at the ballot box than on the streets

"......is stealing money really that important when the alternative are deaths of innocents ? "

So when the thieves send their thugs to kill a few people, everybody should go home and let the thieves get on with it. I'm not sure whether that view is pragmatism, cowardice, or simply self-serving crap. It certainly doesn't sound like democracy, standing up for what is right, political awareness or moral fibre, does it?

I still think it's Bangkok citizens and youth gangs doing most of this. The citizens are fed up with the protest and the youth gangs have nothing better to do. Very little proven it is Red Shirts, but it may be Bangkok citizens who lean towards the Reds. Another group would be rogue military or police.

What central Bangkok middle class condo resident doesn't have few grenades laying around balcony, yes?i

You obviously do not live in Bangkok if you think that everyone lives in a middle class condo. Or is it you have nothing positive to add.

What central Bangkok middle class condo resident doesn't have few grenades laying around balcony, yes?i

You obviously do not live in Bangkok if you think that everyone lives in a middle class condo. Or is it you have nothing positive to add.

Yes, my contribution was to laugh out loud at this simpletons idea, that protestsers are being attacked using firearms and grenades by ordinary residents of Bangkok.

Do u get me now?

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by valgehiir
  • Like 1

Yes, my contribution was to laugh out loud at this simpletons idea, that protestsers are being attacked using firearms and grenades by ordinary residents of Bangkok.

Do u get me now?

555 right on mate, I have to post this because I run out of "likes" biggrin.png

• Like 1

Do u get me now?

Yes that’s right, along with M-16s, radios, and tactical gear…..cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with you!

People who are either red-shirts or citizens that are fed up with the protest. The protesters disturb the daily lives of people who are also fed up with politics.

Those angry red-shirts can even pay somebody to terrorize.

Edited by DGIE

Remember the post i made the other day about certain people financially affected and getting fed up and what might happen ? seems he was right, someones certainly got fed up.

I can't say if is this is the result but i think what Alwyn is saying is there are always consequences.

yes i do think it has to be done in elections and its down to the country to come up with a party that takes away the power from PTP, otherwise you risk violence and plenty will say you need to break a few eggs to make an omelette. This may be true but is stealing money really that important when the alternative are deaths of innocents ?

Personally and in my experience there is no such thing as peaceful and successful protests that change a thing, movements that do work peacefully take time, a long time.

This protest is pushing too hard for things to not escalate. I pray others dont get hurt and would rather see this fought out at the ballot box than on the streets

"......is stealing money really that important when the alternative are deaths of innocents ? "

So when the thieves send their thugs to kill a few people, everybody should go home and let the thieves get on with it. I'm not sure whether that view is pragmatism, cowardice, or simply self-serving crap. It certainly doesn't sound like democracy, standing up for what is right, political awareness or moral fibre, does it?

Death is forever money can always be replaced, You want to have change here it only comes with elections in a democracy everything else is a temporary fix doomed to repeat, and its been repeating here for 50 years.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with you!

People who are either red-shirts or citizens that are fed up with the protest. The protesters disturb the daily lives of people who are also fed up with politics.

Those angry red-shirts can even pay somebody to terrorize.

agree it disturbs the daily lives that's if the govt cares for the people YL should resign!!

Its all a joke. Just about street vendors using this opportunity for closed roads now. So amazing this is slowed to continue ,Thai law and order non existent .unless of course you are a foreigner

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Those that are in the "Yinluck should resign" camp must be new to Thailand.

I've been there for just a decade and I've seen the same shit happen over and over.

The yellow camp is no better than the red. They are all in it for their own selfish selves.

In fact the red camp is better coz they OWN corruption so much that they can control it so it's not rampant.

You'd think white people would be more 'educated' than the Thais. And here we are, always bashing them when we're no different.

Coming back to the States I've seen Americans do things that rival Thai stupidity. Oh the shock.

• Like 2

Exercising your right to protest peacefully is a democratic right. It also appears to be a dangerous thing to do these days.

I agree that protesting peacefully is fine in the right place BUT blocking roads, bridges, causing economic hardship and major inconvience to others etc is not! Protest in a field some place and not in the centre of Bangkok as one gets tired of selfish ass*oles pushing their own agenda without the slightest thought for others!

So protesting in a place, where the protests have absolutely no effect at all, is fine, so everybody can stay in their nice little bubble, pretend there is nothing wrong, drink their beers and enjoy their katoys and girls and go on with their happy life? Well I'm sorry, I tend to disagree. The purpose of most protests, is to initiate change. In order to get change, you have to get in the Government's face. In this case, in Thaksin's face. Have demonstrations in front of businesses he owns, to reduce his income, shut down Government services, ask friendly Unions to stage a General Strike, to bring this Caretaker Government to it's knees. Keep exposing wrongdoings, that hurt the people of Thailand, e.g. The rice scam and before the borrowing money against land scam.

Personally, I would love to see the Longshoremen come on board and shut down the ports. The railway workers to go on strike, to shut down container traffic on trains and truckers to block highways. It's peaceful and very effective. It would bring this situation to a head really quick.

I don't mind to be put out a little bit and to have to put some things on hold, in my personal life, including travel, it it means, the Country will benefit in the long run.

I see absolutely no benefit coming out of this protest at all. And so how will the country benefit with the likes of Suthep running the show? How will the country benefit with no elections being held? How about all that rice stuck in warehouses rotting because the EC will not allow it to be sold? Farmers unable to get paid, and the list goes on and on. All this inconvenience is achieving nothing except enlarging an already huge problem. Suthep is looking out only for himself, not the people nor the country.

A million protests will never solve Thailand's problems!

Nobody wants to buy the rice and it would appear that a lot has been sold anyway but the sales seem to not have been recorded

So protesting in a place, where the protests have absolutely no effect at all, is fine, so everybody can stay in their nice little bubble, pretend there is nothing wrong, drink their beers and enjoy their katoys and girls and go on with their happy life? Well I'm sorry, I tend to disagree. The purpose of most protests, is to initiate change. In order to get change, you have to get in the Government's face. In this case, in Thaksin's face. Have demonstrations in front of businesses he owns, to reduce his income, shut down Government services, ask friendly Unions to stage a General Strike, to bring this Caretaker Government to it's knees. Keep exposing wrongdoings, that hurt the people of Thailand, e.g. The rice scam and before the borrowing money against land scam.

Personally, I would love to see the Longshoremen come on board and shut down the ports. The railway workers to go on strike, to shut down container traffic on trains and truckers to block highways. It's peaceful and very effective. It would bring this situation to a head really quick.

I don't mind to be put out a little bit and to have to put some things on hold, in my personal life, including travel, it it means, the Country will benefit in the long run.

I see absolutely no benefit coming out of this protest at all. And so how will the country benefit with the likes of Suthep running the show? How will the country benefit with no elections being held? How about all that rice stuck in warehouses rotting because the EC will not allow it to be sold? Farmers unable to get paid, and the list goes on and on. All this inconvenience is achieving nothing except enlarging an already huge problem. Suthep is looking out only for himself, not the people nor the country.

A million protests will never solve Thailand's problems!

So now the government's failed rice pledging scheme is the EC's fault? Say what?

Those that are in the "Yinluck should resign" camp must be new to Thailand.

I've been there for just a decade and I've seen the same shit happen over and over.

The yellow camp is no better than the red. They are all in it for their own selfish selves.

In fact the red camp is better coz they OWN corruption so much that they can control it so it's not rampant.

You'd think white people would be more 'educated' than the Thais. And here we are, always bashing them when we're no different.

Coming back to the States I've seen Americans do things that rival Thai stupidity. Oh the shock.

Just to speak for myself, I've been around Thailand on and off for over 27 years now, and was following the career of Thaksin Shinawatra before most people on this message board had even set foot in Thailand, when he was a deputy PM in charge of solving Bangkok's traffic problems.

The more you know about Thaksin the more you find to dislike about the man. Those farang that admire the man must be new to Thailand, or have not made much effort to learn about his various misdeeds. I have nothing against Yingluck. I think Thaksin should be ashamed for throwing his own little sister into this impossible situation for the sole purpose of having his own criminal convictions dismissed.

Yingluck should resign for her own sake and tell her selfish big brother where he can shove it.

The more you know about Thaksin the more you find to dislike about the man. Those farang that admire the man must be new to Thailand, or have not made much effort to learn about his various misdeeds.

I would add a third cathegory, I believe the more trollish supporters you see here actually enjoy vicariously his misdeeds.

I don't like the guy either never did but I did say hed probably drag Thailand kicking and screaming into a better position, being a business man who understood how to get things done here however much he lined his pockets doing it and he did there is no question about that.

I see the guy a bit like thatcher, did what was needed and a shot in the arm for the country upset half of it getting there and then went power mad and destroyed his own credibility and reputation.

First the threats. Now the violence. Exercising your right to protest peacefully is a democratic right. It also appears to be a dangerous thing to do these days.

"Exercising your right to protest peacefully is a democratic right"

Given this rabble are trying to destroy democracy, they don't get no democratic rights!

I watched Valkyrie, DIr. Bryan Singer, Starring Tom Cruise ++, this evening. For those that have not seen it, it is about a faction within the German military that unsuccessfully tried to oust (eliminate if you wish) Hitler close to the end of the II World War when Germany was clearly being viewed by the military 'rebels' to be not only losing the war but heading for the destruction of Germany and Europe. Apparently the movie is based on true events. Watching it I could not help being drawn to parallels with the current crisis in Thailand although of course the situation here, fortunately, is not YET anywhere near as bad.

I have seen many posts on this forum accusing Suthep of being a fascist. Most of those posters never actually say how they consider Thaksin fits into that equation.

I would encourage everyone to watch the movie as I think it displays an angle on a well known event that is often missed: it is also a good hour or so's entertainment (in my view anyway and even if you do not like Tom Cruise) and therefore I have no regret posting this even if it could be viewed as 'off-topic'.

My suggestion for those posters making that 'fascist' accusation: watch the movie, compare it as best you can with the actions of the protagonists to the current scenario in Thailand and then tell us how you think the protagonists line up? Would Suthep more appropriately match with the movie's heroes i.e. the rebellious military, or, the most infamous fascist dictator of modern times and therefore justify the accusation you are throwing at him?

Assuming as ardent TVF posters you can jump or circumvent that hurdle: the movie also illustrates the point that sometimes, just causes require courage, self sacrifice and sheer balls to succeed especially when fighting against oppressive, corrupt and self-serving regimes. Can you see the parallels there also?

If so, I am obviously talking to the converted and I rest my case: if not....good luck in your own fantasy land! I'm enjoying mine.

Oh how nice, and then what? another election result that will be disputed?

There is a lot of over-analyzing here, it doesn't occur to anyone that some people are just not ready for democracy?

First the threats. Now the violence. Exercising your right to protest peacefully is a democratic right. It also appears to be a dangerous thing to do these days.

"Exercising your right to protest peacefully is a democratic right"

Given this rabble are trying to destroy democracy, they don't get no democratic rights!

Wrong. By taking away the right to protest you take away everyone's democratic rights.