Weapons found inside deserted building room: Bomb attack against Suthep's procession

webfact

Notice how a red cap was conveniently left on the weapons, just to leave Blue Sky's viewers in no doubt who the assailants are.

BeKrU6-CAAAF71b.jpg

What kind of cap is that? It does not look like the red shirt logo.

It's a copy of a copy that's made in China

whistling.gif

whistling.gif

Looks familiar...it's probably part of a fast food franchise uniform.

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whistling.gif If you go back on this forum I commented about 72 hours ago that as BOTH sides became more frustrated, the hotheads on BOTH sides would start resorting to violence.

I see no reason yet to change that opinion.

As for the idea that the minibus drivers, Tuk Tuk drivers, and street venders are losing business ..... that may be true, but also I know some venders and drivers who are doing quite well taking people to one of the demonstration sites each morning and then bringing them back here to this apartment I'm living in right now every evening.

They are also selling "Bangkok Shutdown, 13 January 2014" T shirts in their side walk stalls.

There are 5 middle aged Thai women who leave my hotel every morning to whatever protest site they have picked for that day

And they return every night to stay in this apartment/hotel.

So, it works both ways .... some street vendors and drivers are making a lot of money on the demonstrations.

Many of those venders and drivers don't really give a <deleted> who wins .... but they see a chance to make money there. And they do.

Why should you imagine otherwise?

After all this is Thailand.

"Sometime" could be a couple of hours, not necessarily days.

I believe the report said they had setup electricity and water at the premises. If that's true, it's not something you do just to spend some hours there.

I do believe there is something out there trying to incite violence

Like Navy SEALS with fake plates and silencers.

Edited by diceq
  • Like 1

The plot thickens these yellow shirts are so half humpty organised just like you would expect half bits of guns in one place and other bits in the next place, bombs to blow up trees and flower pots get the top Thai forensic team in or the propaganda team first and we will come up with a red shirt link. Thaksin’s fingerprints were all over the place honest, could have been hiding in there for months

I have no doubt the reds have multiple weapons caches throughout the city. They obviously learned from what happened in 2010. If the 1st Bangkok Army makes a move, the red cells will start to retaliate and fight back.They probably have the backing of most of the 2nd and 3rd armies. Unsure about the 4th. Muslim conscripts?

This is very serious situation, I'd move my family out of Bangkok, just in case. It could escalate very quickly.

This horrific, unprovoked and cowardly attack - hurling a grenade onto innocent Thai men and women, walking hand in hand down a street - will only inflame the protests, not quell them.

Are you kidding? It was MEANT to inflame the protests, and ultimately provoke a coup...Suthep's "guards" knew pretty much right where to find the "evidence," and they had to be the ones to find it, they wouldn't let the police into the building...and in the Thai press it was reported that the attackers had been holed up in the building for a while, planning the attack nearby...yet that protest march route was only announced today. It doesn't take too much of a brain to figure out that it was an inside job by Suthep.

Congratulations on falling for the FUD. That may well be exactly the kind of response the attackers were hoping for.

As tulsathit tweeted: "You can set it up. Or you can make it look like a setup. Or your objective is to make questions hang in the air while u fulfil your purpose".

I wouldn't want to guess which, although I suspect the last.

• Like 1

Congratulations on falling for the FUD. That may well be exactly the kind of response the attackers were hoping for.

As tulsathit tweeted: "You can set it up. Or you can make it look like a setup. Or your objective is to make questions hang in the air while u fulfil your purpose".

I wouldn't want to guess which, although I suspect the last.

There is only one problem with that theory. Most yellow shirts will see this as an attack by red shirts, despite how much it looks like a setup.

Just maybe that room was being used by the protest guards for a safe house while in Bangkok, from there southern home town.

Yes indeed. On the other hand maybe disgrunted rice farmers from non-Isaan area. Maybe on third hand our dear Pol. Captain Chalerm but of course only to try to make sure no one comes to harm.

On thing should be clear though, it wasn't young Oaf or anyone else of the Shinawatra clan.

• Like 1

It makes perfect sense for more militant fractions of the reds to move into Bangkok with weapon caches. They got beaten pretty bad in 2010 and this time they seem to be more prepared to fight back with the heavy gear. The problem is if this preemptive move fails and the 1st Army starts a coup anyway, Bangkok will turn into vicious battlefield.

Hope this does not happen but it is now a real possibility anyway. Postponing elections now could be catastrophic. Do you seriously think both sides will keep their cool 2-3 months more?! Even two weeks more of this might be way too much time!

Edited by Timwin

It makes perfect sense for more militant fractions of the reds to move into Bangkok with weapon caches.

But it doesn't make much sense hurling a grenade right were the weapons cache is. Whoever did this wanted those weapons to be found.

It makes perfect sense for more militant fractions of the reds to move into Bangkok with weapon caches.

But it doesn't make much sense hurling a grenade right were the weapons cache is. Whoever did this wanted those weapons to be found.

It could be some hothead seeing a perfect opportunity to take out Mr. Suthep, failing and panicking and running. Leaving all the weapons behind. But in that case he probably would have opened up with everything he had first. Why just one grenade, why not 3-4 at least plus firing with an assault rifle. Elevated position and all that. If it were two guys, even much more mayhem.

Another possibility is that this was a warning to Suthep and his backers. They wanted to show, the reds or/and blacks are ready to fight.

• Like 2

Now the reds have order to force scaring and violence against Protestors, I post yesterday already. Suthep is not interessted in violence, he want people join the demonstrations. And people have fear, but they still coming this weekend again. whistling.gif

It could be some hothead seeing a perfect opportunity to take out Mr. Suthep, failing and panicking and running. Leaving all the weapons behind. But in that case he probably would have opened up with everything he had first. Why just one grenade, why not 3-4 at least plus firing with an assault rifle. Elevated position and all that. If it were two guys, even much more mayhem.

Another possibility is that this was a warning to Suthep and his backers. They wanted to show, the reds or/and blacks are ready to fight.

So you think it's plausible that these people planned the attack by bringing a weapons cache, then when Suthep was passing they never used them (but left them in the bag stashed away) and instead just threw one grenade that was off by 30 meters?

Your second theory makes a lot more sense. But the most plausible theory of all is that this was done by Suthep himself (or by someone close to him).

But given that these clowns totally contaminated the whole crime scene, maybe we will never know.

• Like 2

Your second theory makes a lot more sense. But the most plausible theory of all is that this was done by Suthep himself (or by someone close to him).

But given that these clowns totally contaminated the whole crime scene, maybe we will never know.

It could be but then it would mean Suthep is going for Plan B, trying to initiate a military coup. No more "people's" councils and all that! If that is the case, many more attacks will be committed.

Whoops.

Seems that red baseball cap is from the Deep South (yes Suthep area) Police Commando ? Narathiwat.

http://twitter.com/NationChannel24/status/424162615867084800/photo/1

Wonder if it fell off his head as he run away and no time to pick it up ?

Or is the cap a "token" of a Southern extremist who stole it from police, an extremist who is now in Bangkok blowing things up instead of down South ?

Certainly a very southern link to the grenade attack, and a baseball cap is easy to drop when you are running away after just throwing a grenade.

Just my opinion.

Edited by LevelHead
  • Like 1

That is a cap, not a beret.

What kind of mong conducts ingress through protesters to a deserted townhouse to assemble weapons and grenades but forgets to leave his beret at home?

"Oops I've left me beret on, better take it off quick before anyone sees me on the way out, er, egress, I mean.

"Ambush. Abort abort abort!"

"Hang on, got my fags, my lighter, keys, yep. Phone, yep. Better not take the beret with me incase someone sees."

Too Speshul to be true, I think.

If there was actually an SF beret there it was probably planted. If the journalists got it wrong and it was actually that cap that was left behind, then it too was probably planted. It even looks brand new. I'd like to see what the badge is.

Edited by Trembly
  • Like 1

Whoops.

Seems that red baseball cap is from the Deep South (yes Suthep area) Police Commando ? Narathiwat.

http://twitter.com/NationChannel24/status/424162615867084800/photo/1

Wonder if it fell off his head as he run away and no time to pick it up ?

Or is the cap a "token" of a Southern extremist who stole it from police, an extremist who is now in Bangkok blowing things up instead of down South ?

Certainly a very southern link to the grenade attack, and a baseball cap is easy to drop when you are running away after just throwing a grenade.

Just my opinion.

That is a cap that police who have passed the Assault Operations Course are authorised to wear as part of their uniform. The fact that the camp where the training is conducted is in the South is neither here nor there. Police who undergo training there could be from anywhere, and it is a facility under the control of the Police command, not Suthep.

If someone is trying to suggest that the perpetrators are Southerners and therefore linked to Suthep then they haven't done their homework.

If someone is trying to suggest that the perpetrators are Police and therefore linked to the government they're really hamming it up.

Edited by Trembly
  • Like 2

I have no doubt the reds have multiple weapons caches throughout the city. They obviously learned from what happened in 2010. If the 1st Bangkok Army makes a move, the red cells will start to retaliate and fight back.They probably have the backing of most of the 2nd and 3rd armies. Unsure about the 4th. Muslim conscripts?

This is very serious situation, I'd move my family out of Bangkok, just in case. It could escalate very quickly.

Go to the north with your family.

It's very safe.

None of the yellow thugs would dare to show up there :)

Sent from my iPhone...

• Like 1

Those weapons are just BB guns apparently...

Conscripts are taken from all over country and trained in centralised facilities before being dispersed more or less randomly across all 4 armies. This is 2014, not 1420.

However, due to the situation in the south, only soldiers who have enlisted voluntarily are allowed on operations with the 4th Army. Muslim servicemen are also vetted very carefully before they are considered suitable for deployment in the deep south.

Edited by Trembly

This horrific, unprovoked and cowardly attack - hurling a grenade onto innocent Thai men and women, walking hand in hand down a street - will only inflame the protests, not quell them.

Yes, that is correct. With the dwindling crowds at all protest venues, who gets to benefit from such attacks? And what better time than on a friday to get out the crowds on the weekend? And why would a trained "attack force" be foolish enough to leave behind such incrimanating evidence linking them to any side? Thaksin and his cronies are corrupt and need to be eliminated, but they are not so foolish to order these attacks which only benefit their enemy. Suthep may now be reformed but was equally corrupt though he may not have amassed as much wealth as Thaksin because he was never in such a position of absolute elected power.

• Like 2