Oust me by voting, Yingluck urges opponents

webfact

Oust me by voting, Yingluck urges opponents
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra told foreign media Friday that the easy way to bring her down is casting the ballot in the coming election as other unconstitutional ways could not fix up the problems.

She told representatives of 15 foreign media on the on-going situation that if the country could pass through the February 2 election, the political conflict would be over.

Massive anti-government protest in the capital called Yingluck to step down ahead of the election paving the way for outsiders to set up care taking government to reform the country.

Asked if isn’t it time for the Shinawatra family to distant itself from Thai politics and shouldn’t she resign now for the good of the country, Yingluck said: "I’m here because my duty as caretaker prime minister until new government is elected. Cannot say I just step down. Using vote in election is the best way."

She urged all conflicting parties to sit together to explore the way out and the protesters' proposal could not be done constitutionally.

The coup, if any, to topple her government, would not be a solution. The government would do its best to maintain peace and order in the country, she said.

Asked if she consulted former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, her brother about the situation, she said she did not but kept talking only with her deputies and security team.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-17

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be a lying idiot. How is the Feb 2 election going to solve the political conflict? So what if you win it? People will still hate you and your brother. The only way to solve this conflict is for your government to distance itself from your idiot brother and actually try to govern this country without any interference from him. You may not be able to govern wisely because most of you are idiots but at very least, try not to come up with hare brained schemes like the rice pledging or tablets for children! bah.gif

BUT, the Thai people voted for them with a big majority........Yes or No.............rolleyes.gif

Doesn't matter who governs, none of them have a clue. So where does the country go..........?

I thought she and her family are only interested in "Peace, not Power."

There is nothing left here for her, PTP have been tarnished all past their sell by date.

This is the only thing that can be said by her and these few posters, elections are the only way. unless a few are biding their time and have already started to pack their belongings. The other thread re RICE scandal I said my bit. elections in the next 3 months are a no go. she knows this.

• Like 1

Don't be a lying idiot. How is the Feb 2 election going to solve the political conflict? So what if you win it? People will still hate you and your brother. The only way to solve this conflict is for your government to distance itself from your idiot brother and actually try to govern this country without any interference from him. You may not be able to govern wisely because most of you are idiots but at very least, try not to come up with hare brained schemes like the rice pledging or tablets for children! bah.gif

BUT, the Thai people voted for them with a big majority........Yes or No.............rolleyes.gif

Doesn't matter who governs, none of them have a clue. So where does the country go..........?

If they win with a 'big majority', so what? Will it solve the conflict and the divide in this country? Will it stop the violence? She's lying through her teeth because you're going to have all sorts of bombs going off before, during and also AFTER the elections. Saying the political conflict will be over after elections is as usual a big fat lie from her.

I am confused by your statement. Please explain and provide examples. Merely blurting it out JUST doesn't mean you are correct. So please indulge me...

other unconstitutional ways could not fix up the problems.

You have to admit, she is somewhat of an expert when it comes to unconstitutional ways.

If PT win (which of course they will) then they should be the ones running the country, no question. The problem that's happened, the Government abused its position in a huge way. So reforms are needed before an election can come about again. And who's to say they won't try to sneak in the thing that caused all of this (the Amnesty Bill) again. That's what most folks fear, even the ones who hate the protests.

The problem is, who heads the Reforms, PT are obviously not going to agree to something that will put them in a bad light or stop with their agenda. And this is the situation we find ourselves in.

Suthep doesn't help matters with his stupid People's Council idea, demanding that all Shinawatras go (yes they should go so we could be rid of them once and for all, but it's for the people who decide, not you) and avoiding all talks.

The only solution I see which will be best is for a Military led government for a while, while both sides sort out the reforms, then call an election, but even then I cannot see the sides agreeing and will be months and months, or even years of arguing. Just do us all a favour, Thaksin, Yingluck and Suthep, give it up and bugger off all of you.

• Like 1

In a nutshell - you have only but CONTEMPT for the established democratic process.

If they win with a 'big majority', so what? Will it solve the conflict and the divide in this country? Will it stop the violence? She's lying through her teeth because you're going to have all sorts of bombs going off before, during and also AFTER the elections. Saying the political conflict will be over after elections is as usual a big fat lie from her.
  • Like 2

She is absolutely correct: If you want to bring down the Shins and the PT government, vote them out. All but 28 seats will be up for grabs on Feb 2nd. Get off the streets, give Bangkok residents their streets back and go back to democtratic campaigning.

Yes lets have another round of red shirt villages beating and bribing their people to vote red lets have a new deposit of money from Dubai to do it with - lets have her back in power to bring a new amnesty bill to bring back the criminal so he can be president!! - she must thisnk the people of Thailand are ALL stupid!! - We are NOT!!

• Like 2

No ..........and even if they had - Thailand cannot be run for the SOLE PURPOSE of bringing back HER BROTHER!!! That is NOT Democracy - with Democracy comes the law and her last three years have BROKEN IT!!!

• Like 2

"I’m here because my duty as caretaker prime minister until new government is elected. Cannot say I just step down. Using vote in election is the best way."

What part of this is so difficult to you yellow supporters? Instead of some weird "reforms", led by a totally crooked politician and postponing of elections.

If the yellows had a believable and fair program for the rural Thais, they are not stupid, and would vote for the yellows but they do not. Instead the only solution for them is voting for the reds whose leaders are about as corrupted as the yellow ones. At least they do SOMETHING for them, instead of total disregard inside Bangkok bubble by the yellow leaders.

The arrogant yellows have nothing but contempt to offer. For them, the rural Thais are subhumans, not really worth of anything.

Have to completely agree with you with regards to how they haven't offered the rural folk any solutions. Though Abhisit's rice pledge at least was paid directly to the farmers and many non PT supporting organisations have to deal with intimidation and threats, the yellows have neglected a valuable source.

Your last line is completely wrong and not founded, they don't treat them like that at all. That's complete red propaganda, "Elite vs poor" rubbish. You only had to walk through the protests this week and see the folk, to see it all wasn't gucci bags and iPhones.

The problem us anti-Thaksin lot have with what YL is saying, that a Democratically led Government needs reforming; the demanding of bills to be changed, whitewashing criminals, scams that could potentially bankrupt the country, putting tax money into their own pockets. That's what needs to be sorted first. Unless, you think it's all ok to do that?

• Like 1

In a nutshell - you have only but CONTEMPT for the established democratic process.

I have contempt for a corrupt and inept government. I have contempt for a prime minister who lies through her teeth.

"She told representatives of 15 foreign media on the on-going situation that if the country could pass through the February 2 election, the political conflict would be over."

When the bombs start exploding after the elections, I really like to hear her what she has to say about that again.

• Like 1

No ..........and even if they had - Thailand cannot be run for the SOLE PURPOSE of bringing back HER BROTHER!!! That is NOT Democracy - with Democracy comes the law and her last three years have BROKEN IT!!!

You are telling me the present gov didn't win by votes ?

• Like 1

"I’m here because my duty as caretaker prime minister until new government is elected. Cannot say I just step down. Using vote in election is the best way."

What part of this is so difficult to you yellow supporters? Instead of some weird "reforms", led by a totally crooked politician and postponing of elections.

If the yellows had a believable and fair program for the rural Thais, they are not stupid, and would vote for the yellows but they do not. Instead the only solution for them is voting for the reds whose leaders are about as corrupted as the yellow ones. At least they do SOMETHING for them, instead of total disregard inside Bangkok bubble by the yellow leaders.

The arrogant yellows have nothing but contempt to offer. For them, the rural Thais are subhumans, not really worth of anything.

rubbish - just because they dont bribe them and use them for their own personal gain like the one in Dubai doesnt mean they disrespect them - just that they treat them like everyone else in thailand!! Phitsanulok, Sukhothai, Hakhon Sawan the South, Pattaya - NOT Bangkok but not red either!! They one of those areas vote red shirt - only the ones bribed and threatened

This whole farce is predicated upon a legitimate government asking for their being voted for in an 'election'. Those posters crying for a Western style democracy should ask themselves how they would respond to their home countries being run by proxy from a criminal fugitive, such proxy now being investigated for the sequestration of billions of dollars from state coffers, and no wait, laugh.png , asking for a further feed at the trough!

++++1

• Like 1

There are a lot of views being bandied around in here, one thing thai visa members have that a lot of thais dont is the ability to really know exactly what is happening in Thailand, we can make up our minds without being paid or bribed to do so. Seeing this is the case how about thai visa run a poll for all members to vote to see if people with the true knowledge would vote for shinawatra or Thailand, this isnt about reds and yellows but the country as a whole, something a lot seem to have forgotten in their own biased versions of events.

How about it mods, can we run a poll to see who would get our votes, would not be for any party but for either the shinawatra clan and their policies or for the Thailand people and the removal of the current policies/corruption from politics(not the dems or suthep), certainly would silence a lot of nay sayers and some of the twisted comments, they are just getting worse.

• Like 1

So reforms are needed before an election can come about again.

I hate to break it to you, but Thailand is a democracy, and the Thai people do not want your reforms. If you don't like it, maybe you can go and live in China or North Korea.

• Like 2

You are telling me the present gov didn't win by votes ?

B-I-G M-A-J-O-R-I-T-Y!!!!! watch my lips!!!!!!