How can I get a ex-girlfriend to move out?

Tmymaimee

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see a good business opportunity here.

Fur coat might not work well in BKK (too hot) but maybe the hat with a long feather.. .

pimp.jpg

I agree. Big bucks for the right players...

Here's an ensemble that might better suit the local climate:

post-74977-0-54111400-1390126586_thumb.j

The last time it happened to me I ended up paying 70,000b to get her out. This was a year ago and funnily enough she is asleep next to me now..

Thats not funny...........It's daft.....................coffee1.gif

Had a good friend describe it as taking another bite out of the same old turd... But that's after he remarried his ex-wife.

And Hugh, if it's working out for you, good deal- happy for you. Good things often don't end up looking like we expected them to look going in.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

I talked it over more with her and at least she is willing to listen to me now. She feels that she wants to move but hopes I can go back to the way I was when I first met her. I think part of the problem is when you first move here, you think things are like home, but of course they're not and by the time you realize that, you already have a girlfriend and so on.

I would like to meet someone who is at the same level as me (income, education, etc.) but of course I want her to be 35 or younger and sexy as well when in fact I am not physically desirable (42, years old, not fat, but bald and short). These women don't give me the time of day. Most I got was a wave from a beautiful girl driving a Porsche 911 in my neighbourhood.

It seems that the only sexy, young girls who talk to me are not on an equal basis in terms of what we would each bring to the relationship. She would bring her looks and youth but what else? I asked a Thai teacher this question and she just laughed at me. She said why would a Thai girl with all that want to date me when she has a huge choice of successful Thai men to choose from.

This country is nothing like Canada where equal partnerships are formed from mutual interests and not simply what one can gain from being with another person.

"This country is nothing like Canada where equal partnerships are formed from mutual interests and not simply what one can gain from being with another person."

I do not think there is any truth in this statement. It's the same the whole world over.

Girlfriends I had previously never came from poor families, owned their own car, had a credit card, paid their own way, were not single moms, never dated men twice their age, etc…not the same at all from what I've seen here so far. They dated a guy because they enjoyed his company, or so I thought.

Now I feel like my view of reality about Thai women is becoming all distorted. Are there not some honest, under 35, beautiful, single Thai girls working a decent job (100,000 baht + per month), well educated from a functional, friendly family who desire a relationship with a farang who is not attractive but has a good heart (and is not willing to support them or pay for their iPhones, clothes, etc.)?

Wanted: Thai girl fitting said description --

1. honest,

2. under 35,

3. beautiful,

4. single

5. working a decent job (100,000 baht + per month)

6. well educated

7. from a functional, friendly family

8. desiring a relationship with a farang who is not attractive but has a good heart

9. not desiring a farang who is willing to support them or pay for their iPhones, clothes, etc

OK.

Are there not some honest, under 35, beautiful, single Thai girls working a decent job (100,000 baht + per month), well educated from a functional, friendly family who desire a relationship with a farang who is not attractive but has a good heart (and is not willing to support them or pay for their iPhones, clothes, etc.)?

No.

Are there not some honest, under 35, beautiful, single Thai girls working a decent job (100,000 baht + per month), well educated from a functional, friendly family who desire a relationship with a farang who is not attractive but has a good heart (and is not willing to support them or pay for their iPhones, clothes, etc.)?

No.

No x 2............coffee1.gif

I would like to meet someone who is at the same level as me (income, education, etc.) but of course I want her to be 35 or younger and sexy as well when in fact I am not physically desirable (42, years old, not fat, but bald and short). These women don't give me the time of day. Most I got was a wave from a beautiful girl driving a Porsche 911 in my neighbourhood.

It seems that the only sexy, young girls who talk to me are not on an equal basis in terms of what we would each bring to the relationship. She would bring her looks and youth but what else? I asked a Thai teacher this question and she just laughed at me. She said why would a Thai girl with all that want to date me when she has a huge choice of successful Thai men to choose from.

This country is nothing like Canada where equal partnerships are formed from mutual interests and not simply what one can gain from being with another person.

Your honesty (re your own deficiencies) is refreshing and to be applauded. But your last paragraph is pretty odd.

Firstly, there are plenty of "equal partnerships" in Thailand, but they're mostly between Thai-Thai. You speak of "equal partnerships," yet you clearly want a female partner who is much more physically attractive than you. How is that equal? And you think money can compensate for your deficiencies in other areas? According to you, apparently not. Perhaps Thailand is more like Canada than you think (or hope).

If you saw the women who answer my on-line dating ad, they are like the witches from hell. Fat, child-rearing, 40 +…I did better back home.

So when girls say they are looking for a man with a good heart and not so worried about appearance as long as he is clean and in good shape, they are for the most part lying? I'm only asking because the girls I am interested in are certainly not interested in me, and that's even when I resort to single moms.

Of course money can compensate…:) Look at the girls people like Keith Richards pulls at 70 years old looking like a dried prune. But I don't go around flashing my broker's statement to gather interest. I want them to be interested in who I am but the Thai girls I speak to literally laugh and say they would only consider a Thai partner.

Their belief is that he shares a common culture and understands them more. And of course they are not talking about the lower life but partners who are their equal in age, money and education. This is nothing like I envisioned when I came here for holidays before.

When the reality of bar girls sets in and you understand the social strata they have, I find it rather depressing. In some ways it feels harder for me to find a genuine girl here than back home as there are are relatively few Thai girls that are looking for genuine love with a farang having the same education, money, intelligence, etc.

I'm at the level I should be meeting a lawyer or doctor yet I'm stuck in this trough with service girls and part-time prostitutes.

If you saw the women who answer my on-line dating ad, they are like the witches from hell. Fat, child-rearing, 40 +…I did better back home.

So when girls say they are looking for a man with a good heart and not so worried about appearance as long as he is clean and in good shape, they are for the most part lying? I'm only asking because the girls I am interested in are certainly not interested in me, and that's even when I resort to single moms.

Of course money can compensate…smile.png Look at the girls people like Keith Richards pulls at 70 years old looking like a dried prune. But I don't go around flashing my broker's statement to gather interest. I want them to be interested in who I am but the Thai girls I speak to literally laugh and say they would only consider a Thai partner.

Their belief is that he shares a common culture and understands them more. And of course they are not talking about the lower life but partners who are their equal in age, money and education. This is nothing like I envisioned when I came here for holidays before.

When the reality of bar girls sets in and you understand the social strata they have, I find it rather depressing. In some ways it feels harder for me to find a genuine girl here than back home as there are are relatively few Thai girls that are looking for genuine love with a farang having the same education, money, intelligence, etc.

I'm at the level I should be meeting a lawyer or doctor yet I'm stuck in this trough with service girls and part-time prostitutes.

Yes, money can compensate....but money will attract girls that are--surprise--attracted to money. The girls dating/hanging with Keith Richards are certainly interested in his money/fame. By the way, celebrities are in a different league, so us regular dudes can't really compare with them. A guy can be a complete loser and social leper, but if he's famous, somebody will be interested in him. Heck, there are famous (or infamous) guys in prison who are getting marriage proposals.

But back to reality, I hear you. You're being truly honest with yourself, and that's cool. There are still a whole bunch of farangs in Thailand (and TV) who still think they're "hansum men." You should read this piece about this very subject: http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/ReadersSubmissions2010/reader5917.htm

By the way, do you speak Thai? If you're serious about finding a Thai soulmate, you might consider learning their language.

I speak, read and write Thai. Girls I have the opportunity to meet work in low paid service industries, like shopping malls and stores. When I do meet one who has everything and single, well, there is a reason she is still single.:)

I thought joining a gym would work. Maybe more in the movies. If you looking for outright gay Thai men or overweight Thai straight men, go to my gym. The manager said why would a well off Thai girl workout here as she probably has a home gym or a private gym in her condo. He was serious in his answer.

Maybe all the TV members with their beautiful, half-Chinese rich wives might have a single sister.:) But I don't "take care"….

I speak, read and write Thai.

Maybe that's the problem... just joking.

I think you should make a major effort to accept things as they are, as they are pretty easy to understand. Fighting agaisnt social conventions at personal level is futile, save your best will and energies for something else.

If you want to stay in Thailand because you like it in general, do stay but you will need to find a new balance based on the above. If you want better chances to find an educated, honest and attractive Asian lady, consider moving to the Philippines. If you want to be miserable and cold, move back to Canada (joking again).

Edited by paz

@whereyoustay

The answer to your "are there any girls like this" post is of course no, close enough, impossible to find.

However you are wrong about sincerity.

Just because a girl won't consider a guy without a lot of money doesn't mean she isn't sincere and genuine and won't truly love you.

Of course some of them are purely mercenary, even scammers.

You have to learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff, protect yourself, kiss a few frogs before you find your princess, learn from your mistakes, nurse a broken heart a few times, but you can get what you're looking for.

But you do need to show you've got the money first, consider it the ante into the game.

Doesn't mean you have to reveal everything, let her figure it out by your kindness and generosity. But pay as you go, making sure you're getting good value as you go, don't put down big "deposits" thinking you're sure to get the value back later, that's just being a sucker.

If all this sounds too "transactional" for you and you really want things to work the way (you think) they do back home, then perhaps Thailand isn't your happy hunting ground.

• 3 weeks later...

Girlfriends I had previously never came from poor families, owned their own car, had a credit card, paid their own way, were not single moms, never dated men twice their age, etc…not the same at all from what I've seen here so far. They dated a guy because they enjoyed his company, or so I thought.

Now I feel like my view of reality about Thai women is becoming all distorted. Are there not some honest, under 35, beautiful, single Thai girls working a decent job (100,000 baht + per month), well educated from a functional, friendly family who desire a relationship with a farang who is not attractive but has a good heart (and is not willing to support them or pay for their iPhones, clothes, etc.)?

Seems fair, not to much to ask, surely...!? cheesy.gif

Mate, how have you made it this far? Do you actually read your input [aloud] back to yourself? I love your ideals, but, but, but...blink.png