Protest guard shot at Lad Phrao protest site

Lite Beer

This is not to comment about the speculations as to which side the gunman represented, but to express my disbelieve to the insensibility of this government.

Adhisit...bad or good.....for some of you, visited, in hospital, the victims of these cowardly attacks and expressed his concern and regret.

Yingluck or anybody from her puppet government have never been near them.

Why? They are also Thais.....doesn't matter which political side they represent.

Possibly because these protesters aren't cordoned off in an particular area by armed soldiers.

Possibly, the sentiments of many medical personnel are well publicized and the PTP not feel welcomed.

Possibly it would accomplish nothing, other than it being presented as a gratuitous photo op.

At least no one hasn't come up with some witty quip like "The bomb wasn't meant for them; these people simply walked into the path of the bomb."

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin's little helpers hard at work, again.

Creating that perception certainly is the intent of these explosions....Even though it flies in the face of all logic...The protesters would like nothing better than a clash with red Shirts...The RS know better than to accommodate it....In addition, it is impossible for RS to even get that close...Apparently this rifle had a sophisticated silencer on it, again pointing to the expertise involved....The intent of all these explosions are two-fold and serve the interest singularly of the Protesters....Giving the military a reason to do their coup thing which they are itching to do, and giving so-called Independent agencies cover for what they are also itching to do.....Many UDD/RS leaders plus discussions on social websites all talk about what in their opinion is a politicized judiciary just laying in the weeds, waiting to pounce, and/or the EC flexing its' well-supported muscle...It is also clear that these people are very convinced that any such alternate interventions will be seen no different than an overt military action...The delay, cancelation or any other form of altering the Feb. 2nd. election powered from any source is seen in the same light...Effectively a coup, regardless of the source.

We wish him a speedy recovery. When will they start catching these cowardly attackers?

If I was Khun Suthep, I would send half my people to take over the airport and the other half, to shut the shipping ports. Enough is enough. They keep getting picked of one, or a few at a time, just like last time, just before they went to the airport.

As far as I am concerned, the gloves are off. You can't fight violent thugs, with peaceful demonstrations, unless you take over some key positions, like the airport, shipping ports, etc.

The quicker they finish this, the better for most people. wai2.gif

Then again, I don't know the overall plan. Maybe they just want to keep things going, until the courts do their thing and convict most Phuea Thai members.

They are finished, they dont have enough to blockade a gas station during the week let alone the ports and airport.

Prediction, by the end of next week they will be down to a couple of locations only, and if we are lucky tomorrow Suthep will pop back home and give his son some moral support when hes in court for his little bit of land corruption by following in daddys footsteps.

Yet they're still blocking 7 major intersections.

Actually they arnt, the tents, stages and stalls are. i go past one or two every day and they are all but deserted by people. more traders and staff than protesters most of the time now.

Actually they arnt, the tents, stages and stalls are. i go past one or two every day and they are all but deserted by people. more traders and staff than protesters most of the time now.

And why is that? Perhaps something to do with daily attacks, bombing campaign, intimidation, killings etc...etc...We know how it works, don't we? wink.png

We wish him a speedy recovery. When will they start catching these cowardly attackers?

If I was Khun Suthep, I would send half my people to take over the airport and the other half, to shut the shipping ports. Enough is enough. They keep getting picked of one, or a few at a time, just like last time, just before they went to the airport.

As far as I am concerned, the gloves are off. You can't fight violent thugs, with peaceful demonstrations, unless you take over some key positions, like the airport, shipping ports, etc.

Then again, I don't know the overall plan. Maybe they just want to keep things going, until the courts do their thing and convict most Phuea Thai members.

They are finished, they dont have enough to blockade a gas station during the week let alone the ports and airport.

Prediction, by the end of next week they will be down to a couple of locations only, and if we are lucky tomorrow Suthep will pop back home and give his son some moral support when hes in court for his little bit of land corruption by following in daddys footsteps.

You must be smoking something very good, because you are as far detached from reality, as one can be. Every night, there are people, as far as you can see, at one stage and many at the other stages. They could easily take the airport, if they wanted and most likely the ports as well, which is all it would take, to finish this Government.

And why is that? Perhaps something to do with daily attacks, bombing campaign, intimidation, killings etc...etc...We know how it works, don't we? 20x20xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.pEtiH2upqe.w

You must be smoking something very good, because you are as far detached from reality, as one can be. Every night, there are people, as far as you can see, at one stage and many at the other stages. They could easily take the airport, if they wanted and most likely the ports as well, which is all it would take, to finish this Government.

Of course im detached from reality Im in Thailand for gods sake wink.png seriously though im sorry but I see it on the way in and i see it on the way home, it is all coming to an end far as numbers are concerned you can dream about airports and the like if you wish but thats not going to be allowed to happen not after the damage it did to the economy last time, not on top of the state its in atm and no Mackie from those i chat to they are just sick of the the way its turned into a personal hate fest and abusive rhetoric coupled with an intent to install some chinese peoples council which i might add still has not one proposed name.

Ill concede mackie that violence isnt going to help at all but there is enough of it from inside that camp as well as out, you start shooting police and beating up civilians it has as much an effect as shootings in the night.

PS put your faith in a judicial coup thats more likely than this protest to have a result

Edited by englishoak

This is not to comment about the speculations as to which side the gunman represented, but to express my disbelieve to the insensibility of this government.

Adhisit...bad or good.....for some of you, visited, in hospital, the victims of these cowardly attacks and expressed his concern and regret.

Why? They are also Thais.....doesn't matter which political side they represent.

abhisit also attended the funeral of the failed PAD Bomber, Pol Lt-Colonel Methee Chatmontri, back in 2008. He did not attend the bedsides of any UDD injured as a result of his crackdown in 2010, or the UDD supporters killed and injured earlier on in this "protest", yet you hold up his visit to "victims of these cowardly attacks" as a shining beacon of respectability and a shining example of apolitical humility.

In reality though, abhisit does not demonstrate your belief that it "doesn't matter which political side they represent."

Hold your guns. The latest update from the guy killed the other day, is that they are looking for a Democrat MP aide. Yellow on Yellow, apparently.
Not heard about that but the dems are not the yellows, PAD protested against the last dem govt and was critical of them for not following their nationalist lunacy. Neither are the dems behind the current anti govt protests, that is all suthep's doing. As far as I can see no yellows anywhere in this mess.

Where is the story you mention being reported? (Genuine question).

On Thai tv now. Also, check the news site we are not allowed to mention here.

Here we go again, hasn't Suthep had enough of murdering his own people for some cheap publicity?

Yep, and Thaksin's hands are bloody from his murderous deeds against his 2010 mob that shutdown Bangkok as well.

Also the 2500 murdered on the War, for political game, on Drugs. The thousands, killed in the south because of his policies.

• Like 2

Yet they're still blocking 7 major intersections.

I get a kick out of all the predictions, over the past few months, posters saying, that Suthep will soon be alone, that there will be a coup, that anti-government protesters will turn into a violent mob, that Khun Suthep is killing his own people, etc. etc.

Why not stick to the absolute facts we have...protesters, have for the most part, been non-violent. Suthep keeps reminding his people to remain peaceful, the protests have spread from one location to several, in Bangkok. Less people, than he had last night, at the main protest site, managed to take over the airport a few years back. There is no concrete evidence, pointing to anyone being responsible, for all those cowardly attacks, only spin doctoring and guessing, on either side.

As promised, Khun Suthep had not tried to take over the airport again and has not tried to shut down other modes of public transportation. (which he could have easily achieved)

Hold your guns. The latest update from the guy killed the other day, is that they are looking for a Democrat MP aide. Yellow on Yellow, apparently.

And how do you arrive at that conclusion Skippy?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Stop blaming Thaksin and the reds etc as nobody knows right now. I am not Red or Yellow etc as I am just a foreigner but I know one thing........I HATE SEEING PEOPLE DYING over political unrest.

Suthep doesn't want the present government in ok fair enough but there are other ways of going about it rather then starting an ilegal rally after the King as aready declared a new election on Feb 2nd. Best off he starts with his Campaign rather then leading a bloodshed rally no?

It's simple really: Call the protest off then nobody else gets hurt then go to the negotiation commitee that has now been set up and hope you win the election too.

It really doesn't matter who has commited these cowardly acts. What does matter is when can they stop.

STOP THE BLOOD SHED SUTHEP !!!!!!

Stop and just carry on, with all the corrupt systems in place. And allow Tahksin to stuff the Police and Army with his corrupt Buddies. Maybe Stop the BLOOD SHED THAKSIN and NEPOTISM and AMNESTY for the CROOKS

• Like 2

And how do you arrive at that conclusion Skippy?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

and you yours?

Here we go again, hasn't Suthep had enough of murdering his own people for some cheap publicity?

This post is a perfect example of what you get when you combine ignorance, stupidity and an agenda to vilify someone.

Hope the guard makes a quick recovery and the coward who did this gets his just deserts.

The problem is that we do NOT know who shot him. Consider:

Violence would be counterproductive for the government. Any violent attacks upon Suthep's protesters will garner sympathy for them, draw more supporters and make a coup (military or judicial) more and more likely before Feb 2nd.

The above gives Suthep's group the motive for arranging attacks on his own people.

What makes the above unlikely also is that Suthep does not want a military coup either - though a judicial one would seemingly suit his purposes.

Given the above, it is much more likely that these attacks are carried out by a) renegade red shirts/PTP supporters B) disgruntled members of the general populous who have lost income through the protests c) people trying to settle personal scores, knowing that it will be perceived as a political act & therefore cover their tracks.

Any of the above options a) - c) seems more feasible than the former.

Edited by Ozymandias

Which update from what link?

Who are "they" anyway?

If you mean the police then just say so.

• Like 1

This peaceful protest has now become the target of vicious and unrelenting attacks, under the tacit protection of an administration that has a very tolerant attitude towards vigilantism, and will do all it can to frame the narrative away from them. As Yingluck continues to give facebook postings of an election that will bind the people together, as the police continue their exhaustive campaign of convincing us that the world is indeed flat, and as the NACC investigates sea upon sea of corruption, we see yet another story. The administration - with the full weight of power at their disposal - buttressed with the support of roaming vigilante groups and mini-armies willing to take matters into their own hands - are pitted against the Thai people - armed with whistles and a belief that this most dark period of Thai history will end - will yield to one where corruption in the police, where corruption in the administration will no longer be tolerated. Where they can dream of a just and peaceful society. Where all voices can be heard and expressed, without fear.

Are all you post crafted in a PR department?

That's what they say....but Andrew MacGregor Marshall, which is a very good friend of Robert Amsterdam, who is a lawyer representing Thaksin, said while ago:

Quote:

"Thaksin Shinawatra’s secret “black shirt” force of provocateurs, mostly made up of navy SEALS and marines, is back on the streets again for the first time since May 2010 and has infiltrated Suthep’s rabble. If protests escalate they will seek to incite deadly violence ahead of King Bhumibol’s birthday to discredit Suthep and his movement for good."

He also said that reliable source connected to current government passed above information to him and assured the regime supporters if protesters kill civilians or police, that does not discredit the government. Andrew Marshall, former Reuters journalist is on record.

It took a bit longer than expected but the picture is gradually shaping up. Expect more of the same.

Seriously? The Birthday is December 5, 2014. Unless you are using the quote out of context because was referring to 2013. As there wasn't any of the violence per se that you reference, one doesn't quite know what to make of your comment. It is implausible that any m elite military unit would act on behalf of the former PM Thaksin. The elite units are firmly under the control of the "Prem" faction, and that faction loathes Thaksin.

• Like 1

I would be very careful if I were you.

You are naming names with a direct accusation of murder.

This is illegal in Thailand as it is in almost all countries, and you could find yourself being investigated and prosecuted, and I would not rate your chances in a Bangkok jail when the inmates find out why you are there.

Do not for one minute think your TVF anonymity will protect you.

Edited by poisonus

That's what they say....but Andrew MacGregor Marshall, which is a very good friend of Robert Amsterdam, who is a lawyer representing Thaksin, said while ago:

Quote:

"Thaksin Shinawatra’s secret “black shirt” force of provocateurs, mostly made up of navy SEALS and marines, is back on the streets again for the first time since May 2010 and has infiltrated Suthep’s rabble. If protests escalate they will seek to incite deadly violence ahead of King Bhumibol’s birthday to discredit Suthep and his movement for good."

He also said that reliable source connected to current government passed above information to him and assured the regime supporters if protesters kill civilians or police, that does not discredit the government. Andrew Marshall, former Reuters journalist is on record.

It took a bit longer than expected but the picture is gradually shaping up. Expect more of the same.

Seriously? The Birthday is December 5, 2014. Unless you are using the quote out of context because was referring to 2013. As there wasn't any of the violence per se that you reference, one doesn't quite know what to make of your comment. It is implausible that any m elite military unit would act on behalf of the former PM Thaksin. The elite units are firmly under the control of the "Prem" faction, and that faction loathes Thaksin.

Come on, you are bright enough to figure out that it referred to 5th December, 2013. Andrew Marshall has even published it on his Facebook account. It has been taken down. However, the screenshot is still available. Google is your friend. Anyway my point is that Andrew Marshall is highly rated by Robert Amsterdam, Thaksin's lawyer. It begs the question why he decided to be open about something which clearly does not benefit his friends. He discusses things with members of public. If you're curious enough, get in touch with Andrew. You might get an answer. wink.png

PS

I've taken his claim seriously. There is a clear pattern. Of course, I don't expect everyone to believe him.

Edited by Mackie

Quite possibly because Suthep and his merry men, to whose movement these wounded individuals belong have declared their intention to seize and detain her, not to mention in a couple of cases to sexually assault her. We can be sure they will have"guards" at or near the hospital.

It really would be a bit silly of her to "go amongst them" now wouldn't it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG

This peaceful protest has now become the target of vicious and unrelenting attacks, under the tacit protection of an administration that has a very tolerant attitude towards vigilantism, and will do all it can to frame the narrative away from them. As Yingluck continues to give facebook postings of an election that will bind the people together, as the police continue their exhaustive campaign of convincing us that the world is indeed flat, and as the NACC investigates sea upon sea of corruption, we see yet another story. The administration - with the full weight of power at their disposal - buttressed with the support of roaming vigilante groups and mini-armies willing to take matters into their own hands - are pitted against the Thai people - armed with whistles and a belief that this most dark period of Thai history will end - will yield to one where corruption in the police, where corruption in the administration will no longer be tolerated. Where they can dream of a just and peaceful society. Where all voices can be heard and expressed, without fear.

Utopia, utopia, wherefore art thou? Where all the children of men shall be born equal, where no man shall abuse another, where no man shall claim ultimate power just for himself because we all shall have a "peoples council".

Steppenwolf, "On the weed again"

Dumb quote of the day award to you.

Dumb, shouldn't that be dumb, dumber, dumbest.

To avoid further misunderstandings I suggest you simply rename the award. Call it something like Jim Carrey Award. smile.png