Beef wellington

lynchee

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And maybe start with a Caesar Salad tossed tableside, Lobster Thermidor appetizer and for dessert Baked Alaska. Any good wines to pair with culinary classics of the 1950's?

The use of Language suggests a Yank who would not recognise a good Beef Wellington if it rose up and smacked the face !

Tossed Tableside ! cheesy.gif

• Like 2

I've made Beef Wellington from Australian grass-fed beef tenderloin, available here in Central Food Hall, in Bangkok. Don't Central supply it up there too? Caesar Salad is a regular on our menu at home here, (usually with slices of cold steamed chicken). Both quite easy to make, if you can cook. (And I hope I'm not being smart-arsed here, it's just that I prefer to cook at home most of the time, when I know the ingredients are good.)

I've made Beef Wellington from Australian grass-fed beef tenderloin, available here in Central Food Hall, in Bangkok. Don't Central supply it up there too? Caesar Salad is a regular on our menu at home here, (usually with slices of cold steamed chicken). Both quite easy to make, if you can cook. (And I hope I'm not being smart-arsed here, it's just that I prefer to cook at home most of the time, when I know the ingredients are good.)

Beef wellington "quick " to make ? Must be another yank that thinks beef wellington originates from Mcd's !

And ---------who "tosses table-side"

cheesy.gif

Edited by Sceptict11

And maybe start with a Caesar Salad tossed tableside, Lobster Thermidor appetizer and for dessert Baked Alaska. Any good wines to pair with culinary classics of the 1950's?

The use of Language suggests a Yank who would not recognise a good Beef Wellington if it rose up and smacked the face !

Very well then sir, shall we begin with a nice glass of Babycham?

Edited by arunsakda

None of them. The beef available here is much better than it used to be, but not up to that.

I notice that thesedays Rimping are charging more for the 'Steak' cuts of beef from Thai cattle than Australian and New Zealand beef

. I must admit that if its a steak,I still choose imported,but for stews I go for Thai...Shin of beef (shank) arround 350/kilo

Best fillet I've had was over 1500/kilo from Tops,,grass fed from Australia....very tender!

Very well then sir, shall we begin with a nice glass of Babycham?

What do we have here, a pair who think they're experts because they've watched a couple of Gordon Ramsey shows?

rolleyes.gif

Beef wellington "quick " to make ? Must be another yank that thinks beef wellington originates from Mcd's !

And ---------who "tosses table-side"

cheesy.gif

Actually, I'm British, and as noted, I did not say "quick". Cooking well is not an impossible artform. (And I hope I'm not being smart-arsed...but no doubt you will interpret as you choose.) Ar*ed should have been an indicator.

• Like 1

Amazing how even a simple straightforward request for beef wellington quickly degenerates into personal abuse. Or maybe not amazing these days on TV.Sad though.

You could try the new British Restaurant, The Edge Did an excellent Christmas Lunch and I suspect for a group of at least 4, may prepare Beef Wellington for you. Worth a phone call. Great location on the river-they have a facebook page for more details.

For those suspicious souls here, I have no connection, I am just a very satisfied customer.

I'd never heard of this place until you mentioned it today, looks interesting - how far along the river is it from the American Consulate, Walking Distance?

We are so sorry our British cousins now better and we poor people of the lost colony cannot do without you. Please inform the French and Italians and the Belgians of your culinary superiority..

• Like 2

before going out for BW; it might be wise to know the difference between filet steak and tenderloin. If the are using real tenderloin,; it is going to come with a hefty price tag.

There are people here whose every enquiry includes the word 'cheap' and there are those that don't. Not only did the OP not use the c word, he used the i word ......... Indulge!! Does that make him a Troll, I wonder?

Amazing how even a simple straightforward request for beef wellington quickly degenerates into personal abuse. Or maybe not amazing these days on TV.Sad though.

You could try the new British Restaurant, The Edge Did an excellent Christmas Lunch and I suspect for a group of at least 4, may prepare Beef Wellington for you. Worth a phone call. Great location on the river-they have a facebook page for more details.

For those suspicious souls here, I have no connection, I am just a very satisfied customer.

I'd never heard of this place until you mentioned it today, looks interesting - how far along the river is it from the American Consulate, Walking Distance?

From the US consulate / white chedi walk past the all the fruit stalls about 200m on the right.

Literally the edge of the river, hence the name.

Has a nice funky bamboo lattice wall that I was looking at to copy for myself sometime.

• Like 1