Bongo, bongous.com Scam?

TramsRepus

Hi

I have ordered some motorcycle wears, 2 pairs of Kevlar jeans and a rain suit and a soft saddlebag from US a few days ago. The company did not send to Thailand and was told by them to use Bongo International, bongous.com. After i had paid i did notice that the price had increased 15% in the exchange process. Also i paid extra for 5-6 days delivery (5980 baht), but now they now says that "expected" deliver date will be 27th Jan, that is 10 days. And i just found out that the saddlebag is not in stock.. Trying to contact Bongo but no email or contact form, just a US-phone number.

I'm getting worried, This Bongo does not feel like serious company. Is Bongo a scam company or have anyone here used them? Please let me know your experience.............

/T

Edited by TramsRepus

never heard of bongo

I generally research via google and forum posts on a given product/service category independently of any initial recommendations unless it's from someone I know is both knowledgable of the topic domain and trustworthy.

I've heard good things about ship2me, shipito and earthclassmail.

This is also one of the services any maildrop service will offer, which has been discussed here on TV many times, I posted this recently.

Indeed ^^^ a simple Google on 'bongous.com' nets this page http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.bongous.com looks like our OPs order is going to form sad.png

Oh, this is going to be interesting to see how this ends...

Then paying the Thai taxes an VAT it will end up to cost more than twice than in US, but it save me time and that is worth something.

Edited by TramsRepus

The web adress is by no way suspicous.

Obviously related to Amazon operating as a "packet forwarder", just doing the specialized overseas shipment?

Have websites in different languages.

Not an "afriqueen".

whois entry:

bongous.com (50.18.196.227)

50.16.0.0 - 50.19.255.255
Amazon.com, Inc. AMAZON-EC2-8 (NET-107-20-0-0-1) 107.20.0.0 - 107.23.255.255
Amazon.com, Inc. AMAZON-EC2-8 (NET-50-16-0-0-1) 50.16.0.0 - 50.19.255.255

Amazon EC2 Network Operations
[email protected]
+1-206-266-4064

They have a tracking page. Did you try it (enter your shipment/order no.)?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Amazon EC2 is just the server host.

Not an outright "scam" - that's not a sustainable business model is it?

Just a company that instead of delivering good service to its customers, pays commissions to vendors to get a constant supply of noobie customers that don't bother doing research before signing up.

Exactly why the average gogo dancer isn't nearly as good in bed as a girl trying to catch a long-term sponsor.

Edited by wym

Always try to order from large well-known companies. They usually sponsor bike forums. Places like STG, Solomotoparts, Revzilla, etc. if you've never heard of them, as another poster said before, do a search. My current favorite is Solomoto. Excellent prices, choice and cheap, fast trackable shipping

You will also be hit with customs when they arrive.Possibly more than 100% of the stated value.
Maybe not. My recent purchase for a Yoshimura exhaust and other goodies totaling over 700$US incurred a total of just 2300฿ in customs duty and tax.I've never paid anywhere near 100% of the stated value in customs duty in 7 years of buying m/c parts and gear online. The most I ever paid was about 20% on a Dainese leather jacket about 5 years ago and that was an exception.

If the seller is such a lazy arss they can't be bothered going to the post office I just move on to someone else. USPS is still the best and cheapest way to send goods if you buy in the US.

You are absolute right. But this company was the only i could find who stocked Slider kevlar jeans..

• 2 weeks later...

I got the package after 12 days, even as i choose the more expensive 5-6 day option instead of 10-12 days. It was sent by BOngo using FedEx. FedEx had open the box and then sealed it with their own tape. The problem is that they had cut thru the original tape and also cut in toi my rain suit. Shame on a company like www.compacc.com who don't seems to know how to pack a postage box. My GF had a online garment online shop and always laid down a piece of cardboard box in the bottom and top of the box for extra protection.

The 2 pair of Sliders Classic Kevlar Jeans seams to be of good quality and was not damaged by FedEx. Fits perfect but has little too long inseam. FedEx have yet to answer my email and www.compacc.com does not take any responsibility except for a small employee discount. Fright tax VAT has to be paid of me again.

Had to pay 4700 baht in custom and VAT so my two pair of jeans at originally $79.90 each ended up to cost me around 19500 baht as i cant use the rain suit which originally cost $49. sad.png

Will I order from www.compacc.com again? I dont think so, maybe if some US-friend can bring it here. Will i use Bongo again ABSOLUTELY NOT....

Edited by TramsRepus

Always insist on USPS as the carrier for items from the U.S.

Never have items sent to Thailand by private carriers such as FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc. as they incur maximum customs duties.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Maybe, but USPS takes forever to get here. I have been waiting for up to 5 weeks for an USPS shipment before. And their tracking service does not updates the status as it should. Packages gets stuck in some obscure town for weeks....

Maybe, but USPS takes forever to get here. I have been waiting for up to 5 weeks for an USPS shipment before. And their tracking service does not updates the status as it should. Packages gets stuck in some obscure town for weeks....

I think you've been rather unlucky. It takes a maximum of 2 weeks for my USPS parcels to arrive and I rarely have problems with tracking.