TAT: Tourists will be back for Chinese New Year

webfact

TAT: Tourists will be back for Chinese New Year

0a11a_432.jpg

BANGKOK, Thailand - The Tourism Authority of Thailand has said Chinese New Year should be a good holiday period for the country even with the current political turmoil in Bangkok.

TAT is spending big to support Chinese New Year in Bangkok's Chinatown and other provincial areas. The authority said while celebrations should go ahead, generating tourism revenue estimated at around US$350 million.

Chinese New Year will run from Jan 24th to Feb 4th. TAT has said it will closely monitor political problems, especially in Bangkok, to ensure violence does not spoil the fun.

If the protests lead to violence, TAT has decided events in Chinatown, such as acrobatic performances, dragon parades, lion dances and angel parades will be cancelled.

Source: malaysiasun.com
EAST ASIA

Source: http://www.eturbonews.com/41883/tat-tourists-will-be-back-chinese-new-year

-- eTN 2014-01-20

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the protesters have not launched any protest near Chinatown. The Thai Chinese have kept their area sterile of strife. Too bad none of that TAT forecasted revenue of US$350 Million Chinese New Year tourist revenue will end up in the hands of Thai rice farmers who have no money for seed for the next planting.

• Like 2

Clock is ticking.

Shame that protests have a history of closing airports. You think Chinese tourists fancy running the risk.

Big booboo that one. I think the numbers for Chinese travelers will likely be horrible .

TAT is "spending big" to support. Money from where ???? they get what ? 6 billion a year budget, please not spend big allocate the money to the farmer.

Why spend tax payers money, when you do not know the results of the shutdown, that proves -you can cause it's not YOUR money, any silly sod can spend someone elses money.

TAT includes al INTERNAL movement as tourism as well. The Chinese new year means the large population here are obliged to honour its tradition. Im sure international visitors will be well down but count on TAT to ignore that and fudge the figures and declare it a money maker anyway.

• Like 2

Clock is ticking.

Shame that protests have a history of closing airports. You think Chinese tourists fancy running the risk.

Big booboo that one. I think the numbers for Chinese travelers will likely be horrible .

The Chinese go home for the Chinese New Year. I doubt it will have a big affect the number of Chinese coming here for the Chinese New Year

There is a national election on Feb 2. Thats right at the time of Chinese New year ! Are Chinese going to take the risk of being caught in a street explosion.?

For the first time ever i stayed indoors this past weekend because i was worried about being blown up if i went to JJ market.

Things could get alot worse before they get any better,

SERIOUSLY!

Lol!

Talking about reforms in Thailand and corruption, the TAT which has a huge annual budget should be carefully scrutinised and also a major overhaul of its executives there is warranted.

Just what I've been saying for the last 4+ years, since I found out what budget they had, it is just a joke, half the staff at least and only a quarter of the budget.

I would think a big % of this budget is for free spa hols in disguise for promo ads, air trips to other countries for too many staff, stupid money spent on ads---the latest one Amazing and the rest--shopping in BKK---OTOP----High end tourist B/S-----Focus on Asian only---

Vast amount of their money could pay to clean up the scams---sea and beaches around Pattaya and Rayong, Swampy airport mafia, transport facilities other than AIR.

SERIOUSLY!

Lol!

Talking about reforms in Thailand and corruption, the TAT which has a huge annual budget should be carefully scrutinised and also a major overhaul of its executives there is warranted.

Put one of the girls in charge. Hats off to the girls of Thailand, the real backbone of the Thai economy.

It's a cunning plan, TAT will hold the chinese tourists hostage, till the chinese government buys the rice PTP say they have bought! No doubt the commerce ministry will remind us later today how much rice that is!