1 month Thailand - what should I do

BodyMindSoul

do what you would like to do as all individuals are different and knowing yourself more than any possible total stranger can on Thaivisa means that you alone can decide for yourself. either that or ask your mother as your obviously still tied to her apron strings. well, either that or your brain is quite new and hardly used

but my true guess would be that you're a troll as nobody could be to stupid to as such a questioncoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 2

If you want to have a break then do the meditation, but you won't see Thailand. You'll learn more language by having a phrase book in your hand and asking questions. Thais are usually very friendly and keen to help. You may also get to see and do a few non tourist things this way. Pattaya - Now has some good restaurants, but if you want sex there are better and safer placers to find it. Take someone with you, spend one night on Soi 6 or 7 and Walking street, be amused, shocked, excited, and disgusted all at the same time and decide if you really want to stay there longer.

But if you really want to see Thailand, meet some thais, and understand the place, organise a road / train trip, or short flights to Chiang Mai, Isaan, and Central Thailand. Before you go home spend a few days on Krabi. Personal preference, but if I go to another country I try to avoid the tourists, and meet locals.

Idea!: To get a lot of this in one place go to Koh Chang Island, east past Pattaya, and near TRAT. You can get minibuses from Bangkok or Pattaya or fly to Trat. Stay at the Happy Turtle - bar with good cabins.Its away from the main centre. Visit by local baht bus villages along the coastline. Chill out with great live music and a few ageing, but smiling hippies. Go snorkelling,or diving via the Happy Turtle. The owner is a Swedish dive master. Go to Bang Bao pier and organise for someone to take you night time squid fishing on a squidboat. - One of the best experiences you will ever have . There is a meditation centre on the island, but don't know if its any good. All in, Koh Chang will probably be cheaper than other places, depending on where you stay.

Language school only if you will need Thai alter your month stay.

Meditation you can get in any other country too.

Pattaya, only if you really want sex, brothels, bars etc. The beach is bad, not at all suitable to swimm. Too many criminals try to get on your money, Thais and foreigners!

Why not travel up north, visit some nice hill tribe folks, learn some of their culture!

• Like 1

Language school only if you will need Thai alter your month stay. Meditation you can get in any other country too. Pattaya, only if you really want sex, brothels, bars etc. The beach is bad, not at all suitable to swimm. Too many criminals try to get on your money, Thais and foreigners! Why not travel up north, visit some nice hill tribe folks, learn some of their culture!

and then become a lecturer for hill tribe culture at the Sorbonne, Harvard or Yale.

Do all three! Language school can be just a few hours a day. You could go to a retreat for 7 days and be completely bored (better to do mindful meditation in your room anyway, me thinks) or perhaps do a massage/meditation course at Wat Pho, and then hit Pattaya on weekends. wink.png

Hahaha - spend 1 week in Pattaya, then spend the next three weeks trying to figure out how to stay there forever.

Then, when your "month" is up, start asking questions on TV about how to get a long term visa without having to meet any of the normal criteria for one, or how to make money without all those "work permit" hassles.

Then, 3-5 years down the road, in a rare moment of regret and sobriety, ask how to avoid having to pay the over-stay fines that you knew you would be liable for, decided they shouldn't apply to you any ways and then ignored.

• Like 2

All Pattaya is a road of bars and your talking mostly to other foreigners acting like retards, or from other places like russia, england etc who are drunk. The Thai people you meet are all on the same game and will all say the same thing to you will pretty much the same questions. Ditto for Bangkok, you could be in any big city and it would not be much different.

If your paying airfare, I would recommend the meditation retreat if at a temple or just a trip through the countryside or isaan where you can get some unique experiences to take back with you that are different then where you are coming from. Unless, you have not been laid in ages and just have to go all the way to Pattaya for it.

All Pattaya is a road of bars and your talking mostly to other foreigners acting like retards, or from other places like russia, england etc who are drunk. The Thai people you meet are all on the same game and will all say the same thing to you will pretty much the same questions. Ditto for Bangkok, you could be in any big city and it would not be much different.

If your paying airfare, I would recommend the meditation retreat if at a temple or just a trip through the countryside or isaan where you can get some unique experiences to take back with you that are different then where you are coming from. Unless, you have not been laid in ages and just have to go all the way to Pattaya for it.

I would recommend the meditation retreat if at a temple or just a trip through the countryside or isaan where you can get some unique experiences

All Pattaya is a road of bars

And are you a product of meditation and unique experiences in Isaan? It seems to have left you with a warped view of the world outside your bubble.

Even years before I settled in as a resident in Pattaya, in my days as a dreaded tourist, I never spent my time on the fabled "road of bars," only spoke to other foreigners who didn't appear retarded or drunk and can't recall cavorting with Thais "on the same game," whatever special meaning that has known to you alone. Now enjoying the elevated status of full-time resident I still never go to bars, I speak to even fewer foreigners and the Thais I know don't seem to be "on" any game.

When you visit Pattaya you don't have to spend your time drunk in the company of paid companions and playing games. On the other hand, if you're inclined that way, you could probably visit the Vatican, get blitzed, contract a STD and play a game or two of Bingo. It's not so much where you are but who you are.

You can even learn yoga, meditate, study Thai and practice abstinence from sorts of things in Pattaya if you have a modicum of self control.

• Like 1