Hi all

survivalinstinct

Once in Columbia I was told "Don't show the papaya"
Since then I've kept all my fruit well and truly hidden..
I'm sure you get the meaning.. don;t go showing off your assets, gold or otherwise.

Like anywhere else in the world women, and men for that matter, need to keep their wits about them. carrying yourself with confidence and purpose will deter most dodgy types.
But if you walk around with an expensive handbag over your shoulder then someone will think to take it from you . but, sadly, that's the same anywhere

While I find Thais friendly, trustful and helpful, there are always some bad apples. hone you senses to sniff these types out at the earliest opportunity.

Best option would be to find some nice females/ or guys, you feel comfortable with, and go out a few times with them to get the feel for the place.

Stay safe and be happy

"Once in Columbia I was told "Don't show the papaya""

LOL Yes, I think 'papaya' is now called 'bling'.

Just use some common sense and do some research on the internet about scams and potentially dangerous situations. For example, DO NOT rent a jet-ski, especially in Pattaya or Phuket. Don't accept (unsealed) drinks from strangers, Don't get into a taxi or on motorcycle taxi alone late at night, et, etc, etc........you know, just plain common sense. If something doesn't feel right, walk away.

• Like 1

thailandbeachisland, on 22 Jan 2014 - 11:02, said:

<3 If you are cute and need a bodyguard I am here <3

Don't listen to him.

Even if you are not cute.......I'm here for you.

Can't be choosy at my age!wub.png

Five foot, 236 kg isn't choosy at all. Hope I won't have problems with our weight watchers sub forum now.-coffee1.gif

• Like 1

In general – and the counts for males as well – you don’t need to flash wealth like gold, jewels and an expensive wrist watch. Safer to keep valuable belongings, including passport or ID and ATM-cards, in a belt-bag than carrying a hand bag, which you always need to keep an eye on if you put it somewhere.

And properly most important, as Kirstymelb says in #8: »use your common sense…!«

It also depends of where you are or where you walk. In crowded areas risk of pick pockets but safe from assault and robbery; in trafficked streets risk of a bag getting snapped by a passing motorbike; in less crowded areas or remote dark sidewalks, perhaps avoid to walk all alone. Some places beware of what you drink and whom you mingle with.

dress & act like a beggar...none will rob, rape or even bother you

Or look like Transam...............whistling.gif .....................laugh.png

Like hansom Transam.... pretty much obvious that not all can be that handsome as we are..coffee1.gif

Edited by sirchai