Large area of land purchased in Phetchabun for "Central" Mall

CharlieH

Central is a concession establishment, people pay high rent to have a place there. If they cant make it pay in Phitso they will go skint in less than a week in Phetchabun.
But it is working in Phitsanulok. I haven't noticed a single business close. It's full to the brim with shops and restaurants top to bottom. Must be 100 mostly empty restaurants to choose from and yet they're all still there. Central is so comfortable with the customer level that they are expanding to Phetchabun which I would think will have even fewer customers due to the lower population. That speaks volumes. Of course it's likely to be a smaller mall as well just like we get a smaller Home Pro, Big C, and so on.
Where are they going to get the people to rent a place.
Are you saying the place will be empty of businesses at opening day? Come on, that's laughable. So just relax, all of your doom and gloom predictions should be dispelled on opening day when it's brimming with businesses and we can buy all kinds of things locally that weren't possible before.
As you have said several big stores are always empty there, but they are mostly singularly owned so can afford to have a few places throughout Thailand that don't earn monies.
Disagree. They know exactly how few customers they will get--that's why they only installed a few checkout lanes. There's also just a small stack of about 10 shopping baskets for the whole store in some of these places! And the staff is immense--in every aisle, entrance, and exit there are clerks around. Way more workers than customers! And yet they haven't cut back. And they have plenty of experience knowing full well how well their stores do all over Thailand. From all indications the consumer demand is exactly as they predicted and they are going full speed ahead to more areas because it works.
Go look at the empty central plaza Phitso and ask yourself would you rent a similar place in a town that has only a fraction of the people that that has.
They bought space. They're still there. They like it more. Seems pretty obvious. Why don't you ask the hundreds of businesses in Central why they are there instead of road side?
And I am glad it is working for them. It's a wonderful shopping experience for those who like the cleanliness, comforts of AC, escalators, don't like crowds, and don't like wasting time finding parking on narrow city streets, and can do one stop shopping. I love it, even the (empty) McDonalds where I can feel annoyed if there is just one person in the queue in front of me!

You are looking at it from a shoppers point of view. I was looking at it from the sellers side, I could see one opening in N/S as there are many more people about. Even the new very nice Walk in N/S is a customer grave yard.

I was not slagging off Phetchabun all I was pointing out was that it would be a dead loss for any large establishment to run a business there. Purely a lack of peeps about.

Central is a concession establishment, people pay high rent to have a place there. If they cant make it pay in Phitso they will go skint in less than a week in Phetchabun.
But it is working in Phitsanulok. I haven't noticed a single business close. It's full to the brim with shops and restaurants top to bottom. Must be 100 mostly empty restaurants to choose from and yet they're all still there. Central is so comfortable with the customer level that they are expanding to Phetchabun which I would think will have even fewer customers due to the lower population. That speaks volumes. Of course it's likely to be a smaller mall as well just like we get a smaller Home Pro, Big C, and so on.
Are you saying the place will be empty of businesses at opening day? Come on, that's laughable. So just relax, all of your doom and gloom predictions should be dispelled on opening day when it's brimming with businesses and we can buy all kinds of things locally that weren't possible before.
As you have said several big stores are always empty there, but they are mostly singularly owned so can afford to have a few places throughout Thailand that don't earn monies.
Disagree. They know exactly how few customers they will get--that's why they only installed a few checkout lanes. There's also just a small stack of about 10 shopping baskets for the whole store in some of these places! And the staff is immense--in every aisle, entrance, and exit there are clerks around. Way more workers than customers! And yet they haven't cut back. And they have plenty of experience knowing full well how well their stores do all over Thailand. From all indications the consumer demand is exactly as they predicted and they are going full speed ahead to more areas because it works.
Go look at the empty central plaza Phitso and ask yourself would you rent a similar place in a town that has only a fraction of the people that that has.
They bought space. They're still there. They like it more. Seems pretty obvious. Why don't you ask the hundreds of businesses in Central why they are there instead of road side?
And I am glad it is working for them. It's a wonderful shopping experience for those who like the cleanliness, comforts of AC, escalators, don't like crowds, and don't like wasting time finding parking on narrow city streets, and can do one stop shopping. I love it, even the (empty) McDonalds where I can feel annoyed if there is just one person in the queue in front of me!

Those are the comments of an idiot. Central is a credit to Phits.Mardy spoilt brat sort of comments imo.

Sir before you throw accusation about. May I suggest you reread most of your off topic childish inconsequential post.

The jury came back many moons ago on who the Idiot is on T/Visa.

When i can i read N.W. i fell quite comfortable thanks. Want another Holiday for Tantrums dear.cheesy.gif

I would compose a reply but sorry to say I cant for the love of me understand what your trying to say.

If you or anyone can explain what When i can i read N.W. i fell quite comfortable' means it would be a great help.

May I suggest you try to put in your posts at least some word's of the English language. Failing to do so just makes them all the more silly.

• Like 1

Let someone less full of himself complain apart from your sycophants, and i will try. Rather nasty comments you have made about Phitts, yet you never replied to my genuine enquiry. Does KPP smell of Sulphur every day.Perhaps its Yes..Hence the Toys out The Pram attitude, i found it a real "Off Grid" dump with rather cheap houses and no Lotus Extra or Central Plaza compared to nice areas in Phitts where my friends live.. Tally Ho poor Brit.cheesy.gif

Let someone less full of himself complain apart from your sycophants, and i will try. Rather nasty comments you have made about Phitts, yet you never replied to my genuine enquiry. Does KPP smell of Sulphur every day.Perhaps its Yes..Hence the Toys out The Pram attitude, i found it a real "Off Grid" dump with rather cheap houses and no Lotus Extra or Central Plaza compared to nice areas in Phitts where my friends live.. Tally Ho poor Brit.cheesy.gif

I see that you or anyone else hasn't translated your post.

I did understand some of this post so will reply.

Come on then when did I make nasty comments about Phitso all I said if you care to read (That's if you can read) my previous comments about same that the Central Plaza was empty a fact, how is that nasty.

The rest I wont comment on as you are as stated before a complete idiot and not worth replying to. That goes for the rest of peeps that post on N/S news.

What you don't seem to realise is that we all chat via emails as well as on TV, what is said between us about you & your post's wouldn't be allowed on TV anyway.

Edited by fredob43

I have it on good authority that the Thai Army are building an indoor driving range.

Unrelated, but... there's currently an outdoor range by the golf course, right? Anyone know hours and prices?

30THB for a tray of golf balls. Open pretty much all day long. Young Thai Army soldiers run the range. You can park right next to it too. Good ex pat crowd at yesterdays golf meet. Lots of Scandi's, might have to have a cull soon.

I have it on good authority that the Thai Army are building an indoor driving range.

Unrelated, but... there's currently an outdoor range by the golf course, right? Anyone know hours and prices?

30THB for a tray of golf balls. Open pretty much all day long. Young Thai Army soldiers run the range. You can park right next to it too. Good ex pat crowd at yesterdays golf meet. Lots of Scandi's, might have to have a cull soon.

Open on Sundays too? Do they rent clubs? Awesome. Been wanting to play since moving here but I didn't bring my clubs and don't wanna make an ass out of myself struggling through a full 9 holes (haven't played in almost 2 years).

Those are the comments of an idiot. Central is a credit to Phits.Mardy spoilt brat sort of comments imo.

Sir before you throw accusation about. May I suggest you reread most of your off topic childish inconsequential post.

You're just trying to hi-jack another thread to continue your denigration of Phitsonulok. You did this in Nakhon Sawan News also. A pertinent topic is attached.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/783897-central-plaza-pitso/

You may claim things are not so, but we both know different. Don't we!!

Jerry

Edited by Jerry Cornelius
  • Like 1

You're just trying to hi-jack another thread to continue your denigration of Phitsonulok. You did this in Nakhon Sawan News also. A pertinent topic is attached.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/783897-central-plaza-pitso/

You may claim things are not so, but we both know different. Don't we!!

Jerry

Jerry.

Sorry if you thought I was denigrating Phitso I can assure you I wasn't my OP was a heads up on how things have changed since I was last there some 18 months ago.

I had seen several adverts in the BKK post also Thai papers that Tops stores would be selling Waitrose Christmas goodies over the festive season. I also wanted a new coffee machine and thought Robinsons would be just the place for same.

Did Tops have the goodies no not one, they also didn't have their usual western things. Also couldn't get the coffee machine I wanted. So I put in a heads up.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Tesco also doing major alterations filling their car park 50% full with all the flotsam and jetsam from same.

If some local people had put on TV what was happening there it would have saved me a 3+ hour trip.

Regards posts in N/S News.

These have been going on for several years, they are just banter between the local there and us.

Everything is said with tongue in cheek an hopefully taken as such.

Fred.

Crawling little ....... !

Nothing to do with crawling reread my post.

Everything I post is/was factual at the time of posting. Does Tops super market still do not sell western food and the like's as it did before ??? Update required.

As stated anyone is entitled to prove me wrong.

By the way there should be an A between the two words in your post.

Edited by fredob43

I use the Surattani one mainly, clean and handy, lets hope Phetchabun gets one, doesn't sound promising if it looks like a furniture store,usually the new ones are clones and rather big.My only gripe about Central is i find 11.A.M. opening a bit late and prefer Tesco Lotus opening time.

Also in Nong naree.

20 baht 40 balls.

9 holes but is a bit run down. 150baht (I think) for caddy. Beers delivery by dek on motorbike

• Like 1

I always find that place interesting when you are walking down the 9th and every one on the range is blasting balls in front of you. A few years back when I was going thru a uncontrollable fade patch I took my caddy from Battle Horse and played a couple of rounds. You certainly learn to hit the ball straight there.

• Like 1

Also in Nong naree.

20 baht 40 balls.

9 holes but is a bit run down. 150baht (I think) for caddy. Beers delivery by dek on motorbike

Went here today to hit some balls - not bad at all. 25 baht for a tray and use whatever clubs you want for free. Not in the best of shape but it's totally fine as a place to have a few beers and work on the swing. I'll probably head over to the Cavalry this weekend to check it out as well.