Thailand imposes state of emergency to deal with protests

Lite Beer

"sigh" get over your obsession and blame for the moment the country needs to return to some form of stability first and reduce the violence of recent days.

The election will and must go ahead, the opposition gave up its right to complain the moment it boycottted the elections, what matters most is the safety of the people and if the protesters cared about this country they would go home and enter into talks like any credible movement would do.

Get over your obsession with the sham election red fan boy and see that the election without reforms just makes things worse. And it has nothing to do with democracy. Taksin wants his party back in so he can be amnestied, so they can push for the 2.2 trillion baht loan to keep the farmers happy and allow Taksin and his cronies to become even richer than they already are ( at the expense of the rest of the country for the next 3 generations ) and to make sure his cronies have diplomatic immunity so that whatever the outcome of the current cases against them they can't be arrested and imprisoned. These are the REAL reasons they keep pushing for a fast election...Democracy my ass ! Nothing democratic in the least about their criminal acts !

• Like 2

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THAILAND NEEDS AN OVERALL MAKEUP

This has been a sad turn of events for this New Year 2014, which should have been a great way to start a new begining for all Thai's alike. However this year started with grenade attacks, state of emergency and all other factors that are completly covered under the political banner rather than focusing on a simple human factor.

Everyday schedules are interupted by the constant mob activtiy on the roads, which was supposed to be peaceful and inaccordance with democracy, but now things look rough with protesters starting to take matters in their own hands. People being attacked by unknown sources, daily life disrupted for many. All this in the name of a better democracy?

With the state of emergency in place we hope that the protesters realize that they have twisted the arm of the government more than they can handle for now and they should have taken the seat for talks while it was provided for them. Blocking streets, having goons walk around in the name of personal security among your otherwise peaceful democractic rally will only diminish your standing as a peaceful organization.

The smart way to go about is to get back to talks, not put innocent people in harms way and to bring about a solution which will benefit not only Bangkokians but other Thai's from other states too. Let us all live together, be happy, help each other suceed in terms of economy, happiness and represent a country that brings forth properity for all its citizens alike.

I hope this all ends in a good note and no one else is injured, a loss of life for a family is unimaginable. No life should be lost for political reasons, especially when thier are hands to feed at home. Becuase once the politicians get what they want they will forget everyone else and get on to their own ways.

Think for yourself, do what is right for you and your country, be strong, be smart and work towards a happy Thailand. dont listen to others and make judgements that will put you or your family into trouble.

End of the day there will be no suthep, no thaksin that will come by to say hello at your home, you will be on your own to sort your life out ....so think about it and get back with yoru life and do good for yourself and your country..stop the blockades let life get back to normal and let teh tourists come here once again...lets open the door for love and freedom for all. Let the politicians fight amongst themselves and sort out their differences lets not get involved in polictics we are common people with common needs..lets just be people who are known for our love and hospitality :):)

Suthep is power mad want tge gov to step down

And so he can run thailand with his corrupt

Cronies

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nice one!!!

"Foreigners should not comment on these disputes".......then whose is the next post, commenting on the disputes - yours!!!!

Good to see that you heed your own words of wisdom!!!

• Like 1

what a joke this govt is, they cannot handle the fact they are on their last legs and after declaring that they will not invoke this unless there is more violence they do it. This once again shows how pathetic the ptp are, they have no idea what to do and are reaching for straws. Lets see how long yl and the capo people can keep their hands clean from the blood, they are now responsible for any deaths.

You are a great example of those who speak without knowing what they are talking about. This Government will be reelected even if people like you would prefer that it not be.

maybe its time to look in the mirror

what is the use of getting the most votes even if an election is held there will not be enough Mps to create a government.

But who cares, you are happy spending the Rice farmers money

• Like 1

"sigh" get over your obsession and blame for the moment the country needs to return to some form of stability first and reduce the violence of recent days.

The election will and must go ahead, the opposition gave up its right to complain the moment it boycottted the elections, what matters most is the safety of the people and if the protesters cared about this country they would go home and enter into talks like any credible movement would do.

Get over your obsession with the sham election red fan boy and see that the election without reforms just makes things worse. And it has nothing to do with democracy. Taksin wants his party back in so he can be amnestied, so they can push for the 2.2 trillion baht loan to keep the farmers happy and allow Taksin and his cronies to become even richer than they already are ( at the expense of the rest of the country for the next 3 generations ) and to make sure his cronies have diplomatic immunity so that whatever the outcome of the current cases against them they can't be arrested and imprisoned. These are the REAL reasons they keep pushing for a fast election...Democracy my ass ! Nothing democratic in the least about their criminal acts !

(The election will and must go ahead, the opposition gave up its right to complain the moment it boycottted the elections,)

Are you awake or dreaming, My wife and many other wives are out there demonstrating, and none of the are members of the opposition

and even if an election is held there will not be enough Mps to create a government.

But who cares, I see you to are happy to spend money that could be given to the Rice farmers

At this stage I think we have seen enough posting to see that the members of this site are just as bad as those protesting on the streets

There are those who write here that are worried about the curruption in Thailand and the poor, that Taksin is meant to represent

Those who believe their is a massive waste of money trying to save the faces of a palimentary system that has not worked, ripped of the poor thais they are said to represent.

and want to make sure Taksin does not get his Get Out of Jail Free Card

Then there are those who compare Thailand with the country they left, and want Thailand become like the country they left because it was no good

Then there are those who thing only of them selves and what they can make out of Thailand Misery, true Taskin converts

Then there are those who just want to stir the pot and cause trouble

These people can be found on both sides so I an not just saying this about one group

If we call our selves educated western falang

What chance have Thais got when we can not see the truth for what it is

At this stage I think we have seen enough posting to see that the members of this site are just as bad as those protesting on the streets

There are those who write here that are worried about the curruption in Thailand and the poor, that Taksin is meant to represent

Those who believe their is a massive waste of money trying to save the faces of a palimentary system that has not worked, ripped of the poor thais they are said to represent.

Then there are those who compare Thailand with the country they left, and want Thailand become like the country they left because it was no good

Then there are those who thing only of them selves and what they can make out of Thailand Misery, true Taskin converts

These people can be found on both sides so I an not just saying this about one group

Well you're certainly doing a good job presenting one side of the argument! Unfortunately you seem to forget it is only one side, and that those who are arguing against the protest and the vilification of Thaksin have equally valid arguments.

Well you're certainly doing a good job presenting one side of the argument! Unfortunately you seem to forget it is only one side, and that those who are arguing against the protest and the vilification of Thaksin have equally valid arguments.

But not at the cost of potentially living in a fascist state? No one has a clue as to the real agenda that Suthep and his followers really have for Thailand?

• Like 2

But not at the cost of potentially living in a fascist state? No one has a clue as to the real agenda that Suthep and his followers really have for Thailand?

I really find it amusing when posters use "fascist " in posts about the protests.

But I will agree that the protesters need to do more to state their agenda.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This is not our argument

No comment is the best way

What an ignorant, blinkered, statement to make.

Many things that go on, all over the world, are "not our argument". Check your history books.

Must we (should we) not take an interest, then?

You are also ignoring the patently obvious which is that for everyone who lives in Thailand or cares about someone who lives in Thailand or even only occasionally visits Thailand, "This IS not our argument".

Even without excess ear medicine Chalerm can be relied upon to camp it up as head of Campo.

Perhaps his son will be brought in his role as police pistol instructor to demonstrate marksmanship with a Saturday night special at 2cm. The protestors are so tightly packed he can't miss.

Edited by Dogmatix

I guess I should ask the question...

Now 18-pages of posts into this thread, has anyone seen/spotted any activity/actions by the government stemming from the SOE declaration???

Meanwhile, a bit of an update in another thread... Wonder how long this posture will last??

Posted Today, 16:58

MFA: Emergency decree enforcement not aimed at dispersing protests

BANGKOK: -- The Foreign Affairs Ministry has assured foreign dignitaries in Thailand that the invocation of the emergency decree is not aimed at cracking down on protesters and will not inflame violence.

Permanent Secretary to the Ministry Sihasak Puangketkaew held a meeting with 31 diplomats from 73 countries on Wednesday, clarifying the reason behind Tuesday’s announcement of the decree enforcement.

He said the Center for the Administration of Peace and Order had proposed that the government invoke the decree to better deal with the ongoing disorder.

Mr Sihasak confirmed that the state of emergency rule was not aimed at banning public gatherings or dispersing anti-government protesters. The government had to impose the decree as a pre-emptive measure in the event of violence escalation in the future.

There will be no censorship of media or setting up of curfews, said the permanent secretary.

He added that the Thai government would continue to handle the situation in a peaceful manner and there would be no use of force in coping with the protests.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-22

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/698584-mfa-emergency-decree-enforcement-not-aimed-at-dispersing-protests/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

The gist is. the conufusion sown was intentional and it has kept the PDRC et all un panic and indignation mode all day.

Also people waking up to the PDRC are deserting them

Please somebody tell me the numbers are rising at the demo?

BeltMA5CcAEbfkZ.jpg

• Like 1

We must have learned from the ladt uprising

Ie red shirts

That any westerner

That got involved in the disputes

Were qiuckly deported when the situation stablelised

Any foreigners

Making negative comments

Anout government or

Opposition should bear this in mind

Every one is entitled to a opinion

But this is not uk usa Canada or australia

Freedom of speech

Does not apply here

Note the usa citezen

That made seversl speeches

In favour of ref shirts

Last time around

Was living here 16 years

Had wife and three children

Was deported

And told he can never

Return

Posters should bear this in mind

Your ip address

Is easy to find

As we say in issan

SOW WOW LOI

Sorry, I missed all the "valid arguments" on the "vilification of Thaksin".

Can you please point them out?

We must have learned from the ladt uprising

Ie red shirts

That any westerner

That got involved in the disputes

Were qiuckly deported when the situation stablelised

Any foreigners

Making negative comments

Anout government or

Opposition should bear this in mind

Every one is entitled to a opinion

But this is not uk usa Canada or australia

Freedom of speech

Does not apply here

Note the usa citezen

That made seversl speeches

In favour of ref shirts

Last time around

Was living here 16 years

Had wife and three children

Was deported

And told he can never

Return

Posters should bear this in mind

Your ip address

Is easy to find

As we say in issan

SOW WOW LOI

There were two foreigners that were apparently deported because of their direct involvement with red shirt protests.

As far as I know, there was no one deported, OR investigated, because of their comments on Thaivisa.

There was a message today from one of the 'poo-ying' in Suthep's camp on my Facebook (yes, she's still a friend even though to agree to disagree) asking for more people. They are in deep doo-doo with crowds leaving them.... I quote -

จากดร.สุรินทร์ พิศสุวรรณ....If you have a chance please tell the people..

Your friends....

The large number matters to the international community !

The large number of people pouring in to the streets has its own weight !

The large number has its own logic !

The large number has its own legitimacy !

The difference between "a rebellion" and "a people's power" is the number !!!

Fewer people, you are a rebellion !

A million people, you are "a people's power" !

So we have to keep up the number, sustained, peaceful,non-violent !!!

We will win eventually !!!

Not necessary to have people on the streets anymore - that's so analogue!

In these digital times, BlueSky will just add a zero in their reports, and use clever camera angles and tight closer-ups.

Hello,

I have to go in the embassy district of Bangkok (Embassy of Belgium).

I wonder if I might trouble me there.

Is that the events will take place in this neighborhood?

In advance, thank you for your informations.

Pascal M.

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Im not a red you numpty, stop calling everyone who dosnt agree with a peoples china council red only one group wishes a fascist installed leadership. I am only interested in free election and care not who gets in, i couldnt care less if its 20 more years of one party or the other as long as the people choose who they want and not by decree.

btw what country do you hail from the old USSR ?

Why amusing? I guess it is Suthep they are calling fascist more than the protesters. They call him fascist as he acts like one. Like a little Mussolini. All arrogant and conceited in his views and actions. The idea of a "People's Council" would be hilarious if it were not taken serious by the people following him. You have to forgive those who call the followers of a fascist, fascists themselves. People like Suthep, taken seriously, led to the slaughter of millions in the 20th century and he'll lead Thailand into a civil war, but only if his followers let him.

I really find it amusing when posters use "fascist " in posts about the protests.

But I will agree that the protesters need to do more to state their agenda.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
Edited by SPIKECM

Sorry, I missed all the "valid arguments" on the "vilification of Thaksin".

Can you please point them out?

There are numerous threads containing posts pointing out the ridiculousness and inaccuracy of the demonisation of Thaksin. Suthep is also equally demonised by others. Demonising is an old political trick and is far easier than making cogent arguments using facts.