Thailand imposes state of emergency to deal with protests

Lite Beer

strange that the BBC has had very little coverage so far of the action although they and other UK newsites are covering the Ukraine trouble all the time

Ukraine and the supposed majority wanting to join the European Community rather than the Russian Federation is highly newsworthy to the BBC which happens to be in........ Europe.

It's called "World Service" for a reason you know...

It came as news flash on BBC world..TV and mobile

• Like 1

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The final desperate move of a frightened group of crooks, con artists, terrorists, con men, thugs, bully boys, intimidators and corrupt VERMIN.

who are you talking about?? The protesters, the Yingluck Govt,the Army, the Police and what do you have to back this claim up with????coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

""The cabinet decided to invoke the emergency decree to take care of the situation and to enforce the law," And just who will they get to take care of the situation? Ghostbusters?

They got Chalerm! Much more comical than ghostbusters.

• Like 1

Good timing. Suthep has run out of moves.

The goverment has handled these "protesters" (terrorists would be a more accurate description) extremely well so far.

I think even you can recall when city of BKK was jeopardized and burnt in 2010, because of some red shirts .... they were terrorists.

Moreover, some lunatic thrown bombs and shot into the peaceful protesters. They were terrorists - most probably pro-gov red shirt - I'd say communists.

Please don't drink before commenting, but consult with a dictionary, where you can find exact meaning of "terrorist". Just don't take on your red glasses smile.png

Communists? Seriously? It's 2014 and the chances of finding a commie under the bed in Thailand at these events is as high as some elderly farangs letting go of their 1950's era paranoia.

That's not the most sensible thing I've seen you post

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The final desperate move of a frightened group of crooks, con artists, terrorists, con men, thugs, bully boys, intimidators and corrupt VERMIN.

who are you talking about?? The protesters, the Yingluck Govt,the Army, the Police and what do you have to back this claim up with????coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

All of them.. very apt description actually :D

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Chalerm has been unleashed, Mrs Toad just commented this evening suggesting he's a drunk criminal paid by Thaksin. She seemed to forget alleged, but either way with The Headless Ministry of Labour getting involved, there will be problems.

He looked ruined in his press conference BTW.

• Like 1

The kleptocracy's last desperate move. The protests were not peaceful? The government's problem is that the protests are succeeding. Despicable...

i was wondering the same... they were PEACEFUL all the time ! Till some red scumbags started to trow granates etc.....

• Like 1

strange that the BBC has had very little coverage so far of the action although they and other UK newsites are covering the Ukraine trouble all the time

Ukraine and the supposed majority wanting to join the European Community rather than the Russian Federation is highly newsworthy to the BBC which happens to be in........ Europe.

It's called "World Service" for a reason you know...

It came as news flash on BBC world..TV and mobile

Yes, I had a notification from BBC News on my mobile within minutes of reading about the SOE on Twitter.

BBC has also reported every time there has been an incident.

Probably waiting for the red shirts to come onto the streets so they can really have a platform for their biased reporting.

Just as an aside........ has anyone else wondered why the red shirts have not made a noticeable appearance.

The part year (crop) instalment payments are late.. they are busy.

""The cabinet decided to invoke the emergency decree to take care of the situation and to enforce the law," And just who will they get to take care of the situation? Ghostbusters?

Who needs Chalerm when they have Nicky? Far bigger story there

• Like 1

The vast majority of the Thai people are looking forward to the election on Feb 2 nd and saying "Our day will come!" It's about time they swept the streets.

• Like 2

The goverment has handled these "protesters" (terrorists would be a more accurate description) extremely well so far.

I don't have to look far on this threat to see the first most stupid remark of the year winner

• Like 1

Someone just asked me an interesting question that I am sure some of the "experts" out there can answer.

This is a caretaker government with very limited powers (especially in financial matters) so does it have authority to pose a state of emergency?

Edited by petedk

Someone just asked me an interesting question that I am sure some of the "experts" out there can answer.

This is a caretaker government with very limited powers (especially in financial matters) so does it have authority to pose a state of emergency?

Good question!! Any answers?

just phoned the wife and told her you said she was a terrorist for peacefully protesting ...thumbsup.gif ans...loud laughter,and then how old is he......

I take it your wife did not the the see the savage attack on a Bangkok taxi driver 2 weeks ago or the assault which hospitalized the two policemen or the brutal assault which left a journalist from The Nation unconscious. I assume the random attacks on street vendors has also gone unnoticed.

Next time you phone your wife tell her to take of her yellow tinted glasses and open her eyes. She might get a surprise.

well said.

I would LOVE to respect your vote.... 11 Million People voted for the Democrats last time. 13 Million for the TRT. Why is it that the difference in Parliament is not 13% ???! Because the Shin clan “Seng Sae Ku” (เส็ง แซ่คู) of Chinese descend changed the constituencies before the elections. Hence if you would respect MY VOTE the difference in seats in parliament would only be 23 seats. A great base to start another Government, wouldn't you say?

This must be the 10th time you've repeated the same thing about changed constituencies, despite the fact I've challenged you every time I've seen it. You've not replied to any of my posts and go on repeating it tirelessly. Why? Did you even read the replies? And if you're not going to bother reading replies, why bother posting in the first place...

Also pointing out that the Shinawatras are Sino-Thai reminds me of those who continually feel the need to point out his enemies are also Sino-Thai. Why is it relevant?

Sorry Empty...the poster is either ignorant, retarded or a liar. Possibly more than one. Such blatant misrepresentations should be deleted.

Anyway...the protest sites are looking downright pathetic now....during the day we are down to well under 100 & at nights there are gaps everywhere. Is this really the 'people's revolution'. Come on!!

• Like 1

It seems to think that it ought to have the authority to do whatever it wants to do despite what the law say's!!!!

At last someone has the nerve to stand up to these thugs it would never happen in the western world you cannot have people just causing mayhem . Khun Suthep has had every opportunity to have dialogue with those he has a grudge with but has declined every invitation he Suthep wants to install an unelected peoples council who would be made up of the elite of Thailand that is not democracy far from it. With a bit of luck Bangkok people can get back to a more normal life if you opposes government then you do it by the ballot box the main opposition decided not to register for the coming elections that to me was a very bad move I hope that those who have camped up in bkk will now go home and allow those who want to live in peace get on with there lives the police should arrest all the leaders involved in this mayhem and lock them up until after the elections I am not a supporter of either party but the man in Dubai gave the poor of Thailand the right to vote something Suthep and his rogues would never have done.

Can anyone say WALL STREET.

WATTS

University anti war protests

I get a kick out of the righteous folks here. Every country has gone through this some us are old enough to remember some of us study history

Some of just chose to ignore.

A drunk steering the ship - just wonderful.

I think even you can recall when city of BKK was jeopardized and burnt in 2010, because of some red shirts .... they were terrorists.

Moreover, some lunatic thrown bombs and shot into the peaceful protesters. They were terrorists - most probably pro-gov red shirt - I'd say communists.

Please don't drink before commenting, but consult with a dictionary, where you can find exact meaning of "terrorist". Just don't take on your red glasses smile.png

Communists? Seriously? It's 2014 and the chances of finding a commie under the bed in Thailand at these events is as high as some elderly farangs letting go of their 1950's era paranoia.

Gerry Kid.....come on, dude, don't let your senses get away. So, maybe there was a slight misuse of a word. Your personal meaning might not be theirs. Unless you totally disagree with the message. well, do you? Maybe simply try to focus on that and not the slander of "post 50's era paranoia".

Edited by templedog

The kleptocracy's last desperate move. The protests were not peaceful? The government's problem is that the protests are succeeding. Despicable...

i was wondering the same... they were PEACEFUL all the time ! Till some red scumbags started to trow granates etc.....

Those pomegranates can be deadly. This is a fragmentation pomegranate.

A-pomegranate-007.jpg

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

(although I never knew you were in the spelling police!)whistling.gif

• Like 1