Tailor Made Shirts and Trousers in BKK

Bmouthboyo

Try Sala on Sukhumvit just past Suk 71, and almost on the corner of Suk 77. Been going to them for over 30 years and always had good quality . They are Thai as well so you don't have to put up with the Indian hard sell & bullshit . But they don 't speak English much so if you don't speak Thai , take somebody who does. I have had dinner suits, business suits shirts, etc all made by them . They also do womens clothes too. They are not the latest fashion but are extremely well made and they also do a lot of military uniforms and safari suits too if that should be your taste . You can bring your own material too like i did last time with linen for some trousers i had made.

Bought some work shirts from a Place called Harry's Boutique, no hassle and no push it in your face service. opposite Soi 10 under the Ruamchitt Hotel Sukhumvit Rd that name always makes me Laugh "room shit" anyway also a nice bar next door with good food if you need to wait on fittings.

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/56795889?source=wapi&referrer=kh.google.com

Wow so many suggestions thank you guys. At present I am not after an entire suit, although may be for a friends wedding soon. However trousers for work and some well fitted shirts are high on my list of to do's so will be heading to some listed soon.

I am out Bangna way so may try the ones near On Nut or opposite Seacon just for a nosey and go there. Are most tailors clearly priced or is it a haggle job?

I was surprised….walked 10 minutes down Soi 8 to Tailor on 10. No advertising, small sign and probably no casual traffic. No hustlers out front. Go inside and the place was busy. Can spend a little or a lot. The tailors work right there so they can control the quality and do direct hiring.

Ordered 3 shirts and pants (120 / 130 thread count) for a trial before a full suit. No stupid bargaining on the pricing and free beer.:)

You have to have your designs off the internet before going..they're not fashion counsellors, just tailors.

It's all about price v quality I guess. I had a suit and 5 shirts made up about 4 months ago. I bought the fabric from a Sikh cloth merchant and got a Thai tailor to run up the suit and shirts. The shirts worked out at 450 baht each including the material and labour and the suit cost 4,500. I doubt it would be of the standard that the OP would require, but for a work suit and shirts they are fine. Oh, also its in Chiang Mai which would mean you'd have to combine it with a visit or the price would shoot up if you included flights and so on.

Another vote here for Rajawongse -- I've ordered from them three times thus far (usually a few pairs of trousers and a handful shirts each time), and been very pleased, especially at 650 baht per shirt less than what they charge for Magic & Sparkle shirts over here (which rarely fit perfectly anyway).

Your 450 baht shirt will look like you paid 450 baht…..why not buy better cloth? Stand out from all the other farang that look so old and poor...

He paid 450 baht to have them made up from his own material.

I know that OP didn't ask this but PLEASE PLEASE do not have suits made in Thailand sick.gif

No matter where you go and what you buy it just is not going to have the styling that is considered fashionable in developed countries. If you must! then my suggestion would be to buy an off the rack suit in Europe/USA etc that is a bit bigger than what you need, then have it altered to your body shape in Thailand.

For the person that is paying 1000-1500 thb in BKK... sounds quite expensive. I think I pay half that for egyptian cotton (2-ply)

Even the stuff I got made at Rajas (incl egyptian cotton shirts) pales in comparison to the stuff I bought in OZ and UK .. both are 2ply egyptian cotton. Check out rhodes and beckett or Duchamp to get an idea what I Am talking about.

You sir, are an idiot...

You say 1000-1500 baht is expensive, yet you quote Rhodes & Beckett and Duchamp - both of which are well above that price bracket in the same reply..

There are numerous tailors, probably more so at the high end of the spectrum that can do Saville Row esque tailoring at fraction of an off the rack number...

I have a tailor on Sukhumvit between 49 & 51 that I've used for a number of years for my suiting needs, have at least 5 of varying ages that all received daily use (at one time or another) and still are in exceptional condition - here's a tip, buying a suit, get a 2nd pair of pants - shirts I have tailor made from another high end tailor on 49 who runs rings around Rhodes & Beckett and considerably cheaper!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I know that OP didn't ask this but PLEASE PLEASE do not have suits made in Thailand sick.gif

No matter where you go and what you buy it just is not going to have the styling that is considered fashionable in developed countries. If you must! then my suggestion would be to buy an off the rack suit in Europe/USA etc that is a bit bigger than what you need, then have it altered to your body shape in Thailand.

For the person that is paying 1000-1500 thb in BKK... sounds quite expensive. I think I pay half that for egyptian cotton (2-ply)

Even the stuff I got made at Rajas (incl egyptian cotton shirts) pales in comparison to the stuff I bought in OZ and UK .. both are 2ply egyptian cotton. Check out rhodes and beckett or Duchamp to get an idea what I Am talking about.

You sir, are an idiot...

You say 1000-1500 baht is expensive, yet you quote Rhodes & Beckett and Duchamp - both of which are well above that price bracket in the same reply..

There are numerous tailors, probably more so at the high end of the spectrum that can do Saville Row esque tailoring at fraction of an off the rack number...

I have a tailor on Sukhumvit between 49 & 51 that I've used for a number of years for my suiting needs, have at least 5 of varying ages that all received daily use (at one time or another) and still are in exceptional condition - here's a tip, buying a suit, get a 2nd pair of pants - shirts I have tailor made from another high end tailor on 49 who runs rings around Rhodes & Beckett and considerably cheaper!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What's the name of your shirt maker and whereabouts on 49 is it?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone recommend a suitable purveyor of pith helmets? I want to look the part in my tailor made shirt and trousers. I'm thinking of a safari suit as well.whistling.gif

Are you always pointless in your endeavors, or is today a 'special' day?

Can anyone recommend a suitable purveyor of pith helmets? I want to look the part in my tailor made shirt and trousers. I'm thinking of a safari suit as well.whistling.gif

Pith helmets?

Raffles in Singapore of course.

• 2 weeks later...

You should try St Marco tailor on Sukhumvit soi 4( used to be at Sukhumvit soi 15) currently doing renovation, so they shifted to Sukhumvit soi 4(INSIDE ROYAL IVORY HOTEL) next to ibis hotel,about 350meters inside the soi.

The shirt cost around 600 to 800 baht, The trousers are from 900 baht to 1200 baht.

They also give complimentary beers to customers making appointment through email at [email protected] or call them at 02-2544968

I was wondering if anyone could recomend a tailor for some trousers. Im looking for a couple pairs of more dress (causal) pants sort of my 'go to pants' black and/or dark grey. What I'm trying to say is I'm not wanting the typical ultra business suit pants that I'm guessing would be the styles of the differnt tailors already mentioned because they are suit tailors of course. I want dressy trouser that can go with a dress shirt or a polo shirt or even a v-neck tshirt.

Ive had suits made in the past on sukumvit (10+ yrs ago) at two different places in the asoke to nana corridor. I wasnt happy with the serivce hard sell and the price (my last experices I felt like I got raped..but I was young and naive). The work was good though. I kinda just want to be able to go into a place have 2 pairs of pants made and pay 500-1000bht each with no hassle no pushy for more, patronizing etc. Im just looking for like a plain weave light wool maybe? something that handles my days of work and/or galavanting. I dont wear off the rack well and have lost weight so I need some new threads.

The suggestions so far seem good but I'm hoping some of you guys can help narrow my search either with some that have been mentioned or otherwise.

Thanks in advance I really appreciate the help!

• Like 1

I was wondering if anyone could recomend a tailor for some trousers. Im looking for a couple pairs of more dress (causal) pants sort of my 'go to pants' black and/or dark grey. What I'm trying to say is I'm not wanting the typical ultra business suit pants that I'm guessing would be the styles of the differnt tailors already mentioned because they are suit tailors of course. I want dressy trouser that can go with a dress shirt or a polo shirt or even a v-neck tshirt.

Ive had suits made in the past on sukumvit (10+ yrs ago) at two different places in the asoke to nana corridor. I wasnt happy with the serivce hard sell and the price (my last experices I felt like I got raped..but I was young and naive). The work was good though. I kinda just want to be able to go into a place have 2 pairs of pants made and pay 500-1000bht each with no hassle no pushy for more, patronizing etc. Im just looking for like a plain weave light wool maybe? something that handles my days of work and/or galavanting. I dont wear off the rack well and have lost weight so I need some new threads.

The suggestions so far seem good but I'm hoping some of you guys can help narrow my search either with some that have been mentioned or otherwise.

Thanks in advance I really appreciate the help!

I recommend you st marco tailor in Sukhumvit soi 4, they make nice casual trouser that goes with a polo shirt. The guy name is Mr Marco, he have more than 20 years of experience, unlike other tailor shop that keeps salesman to boost sales, he is the owner of the shop, so you don't have to worry about him pushing you. The best quality light wool fabric will cost around 1200 baht, you can take my name 'Becky' recommend you to the shop. His shop is about 350 meters inside sukhunvit soi 4, inside royal ivory hotel, his number is 022544968 or 0830691890.

Edited by becky88

Hi,

My chest and shoulders are much larger than my waist and hips so my shirts must be tapered or they are baggy and look sloppy.

Other than Zegna, the only tailor I have found in Bangkok that actually understands and gets it right is a smallish place next to Udom Suk BTS.

If you are interested I could try to find the name and contact details. If you're driving then you would have to park at the petrol station about 50 meters from the shop.

The problem with asking for recommendations regarding tailors in Bkk is that you tend to get so many postings putting forward so many different names that you virtually end up back in square one.

Indeed, there are many excellent tailors in the City and it is useful to have a list of them for reference. It would, though, be just as useful to have a list of those to avoid.

For obvious reasons such as this might well backfire, but as a generalisation it is best to avoid the Indian style establishments with pushy young salesmen who farm out their orders to the workshops.

My favourite ever has been Sir Master Tailor in Singapore Chinatown, but Narin on Sukhumvit ( tailor in-situ)and Royal on eleven have served me well, although I think the latter may farm out. At least it is run by a caring owner who gets things right at a decent price.

Edited by Beechboy

Thanks for promoting your own shop, becky, that's very helpful!

Fanta, you will not get wool trousers at that price. However, if you're happy with unbreathable poly blends despite the heat, most of the 'standard' tailors can probably help.

• Like 1

Thanks for promoting your own shop, becky, that's very helpful!

Fanta, you will not get wool trousers at that price. However, if you're happy with unbreathable poly blends despite the heat, most of the 'standard' tailors can probably help.

would you rather trust Nuts for such info, you rather trust local foreigners, not some nuts who cant find beer or a coffee shop or his own Nuts.

the so called STANDARD is because these standard tailors dont have gucci,prada or armani as a tag name, moreover the wool is ofcoz poly blend, but nothing like unbreathable, it blend to be wrinkle free. i just give suggestion as per request, sarcastic reply are useless for forum.

youre welcome

Apologies if I seemed negative. I am under no illusion that I know everything about Bangkok. As you can tell, I have only recently moved here full time. However, I have already grown somewhat cynical about tailors. I'm sure you just want to inform the public of this business.

That said, I know a thing or two about tailoring in general. I'm not sure what "gucci,prada or armani as a tag name" has to do with anything. These are all luxury goods brands, none of whom produce fabric. So if a tailor does advertise these brands, they are fake. However, on the other hand, many tailors advertise "Italian wool" or "Egyptian cotton". The production of these fabrics is small and performed by few companies, all of which are reputable mills. Thus, if a brand name for one of these fabrics can not be proven (eg by an accompanying label), they are most likely not from the advertised origin - and subsequently often poly blends, which some people are happy with. People just have to know what they want and be careful to get it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've used Toms Fashion Tailor in Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok for around 8 years and have been really satisfied with the shirts, trousers, jackets, and suits he's made, even my family members make the suits at this place and they are very happy with this tailroing house.

A no,no for Majestic. It's on Sukhumvit near Nana. Had a pair of trousers made from linen. Asked him if it was pre-shrunk, he said yes. It wasn't, and I found out when I got back to London .

Also expensive

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand