Looking for someone to set up my surround sound in Pattaya

buck99

I brought a home theatre with me when I moved from the Philippines and I want to set it up in my new condo. It consists of a Harman/Karman Amp, CD, TV and 5 speakers. I have gone to Nam Chai service center but they will only set up what they sell. Can anyone give me a lead on someone to set it up? Thanks!

• Like 1

Take pics of everything including cables and connectors. Go back to Numchai, go to the service department behind the store. Explain you will give technician 500 baht to do the setup for you after their regular work hours or day off. Take a Thai with you to help explain. Also try Piyanas on Pattaya Klang, they sell Harman Kardon.

The Numchai technicians WILL set it up for you, don't approach the service center though.

Take a Thai (or Thai speaking person) with you and have a word with the techs directly (outside as they're on their way out or back in). They do, "foreigners" after hours regularly, and are trained. You shouldn't need to worry about gaurantee's for just setting up a sound system, so nothing to worry about on that front.

Take pics of everything including cables and connectors. Go back to Numchai, go to the service department behind the store. Explain you will give technician 500 baht to do the setup for you after their regular work hours or day off. Take a Thai with you to help explain. Also try Piyanas on Pattaya Klang, they sell Harman Kardon.

I got my receiver from Piyanas. They offered to set it up for me, but it was dang expensive. Did it my self with the equipment provided and the built in test system. It was easy. I hired an electrician to run the wires in the ceiling though. Hate crawling around up there.

Ok, assuming you can figure out the speaker wiring? the rest is pretty easy.

You will need hdmi cables for your connections between cd,tv, true visions box and anything else you want to run through your hk.

Start with your cd or dvd player. Run 1 hdmi cable from it into the back of your receiver to the port u wish, maybe u have one marked for this? Do the same with other things like cable box etc. Out to in on your receiver. Now on the back of your receiver there should be an hdmi out port. Run one from it into your tv.

To summarize, all your devices into the receiver first then one out to your tv.

I am sure your hk receiver can find online a manual in pdf form for easy reference.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

These suggestions for doing the setup yourself completely missed the point. The OP for whatever reason does not want to do the setup himself himself. He may have physical, age, or technical knowledge limitations or is just lazy. Who knows or who cares?