Thaksin offers Kwanchai medical treatment in Bangkok

webfact

Thaksin offers Kwanchai medical treatment in Bangkok

kwanchai-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra has offered red-shirt leader Kwanchai Praipana to receive medical treatment at Rama 9 hospital.

The injured red-shirt leader Kwanchai said Thaksin had called his wife and offered medical treatment in Bangkok.

However, Kwanchai said he rejected the offer as he felt safer to be treated in hospital in Udon Thani, reasoning that if the anti-government protesters knew he is in Bangkok, they may encircle the hospital.

So he said he told the ex-premier that he preferred to remain in Ake-Udon hospital as if anything happens, he will be protected by his red-shirt sympathizers.

Kwanchai also denied neither a conflict with the military nor politics as a motive of the attempt on his life.

He said the military would see it useless to attempt on his life and he also has no personal conflict with anyone.

He ruled out political motive as he made clear he would not run in the election.

But he said the attempt on his life might be by opportunists attempting to instigate disorder and unrest in the country.

Kwanchai recalled the moment he was attacked.

He said the gunman fired shots one by one before spraying bullets into the office.

When he was hit by the first shot, he fell to the floor and was struck again by a another shot on his leg. Seconds later bullets were sprayed by the gunman into his office.

The hardcore red-shirt leader is now recovering from the gunshot wounds but has to remain at hospital.

Security was heightened at the Ake-Udon hospital as the police fear of another attempt on his life.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thaksin-offers-kwanchai-medical-treatment-bangkok/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-24

Why do the media keep referring to him as "the hardcore red-shirt leader"?

Maybe he asked them to!

Or maybe the fact that his business is running a RED shirt radio station!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

Suthep raised the bar in terms of personally helping injured protesters.

Thaksin is probably cursing him now - the that he has to spend some of the extra US$1.1Bn Thaksin 'earnt' in the past 12 months must be grating on him

• Like 1

Can you imagine this.conversation.

Thaksin: honey want you to offer to pay for his medical treatment.

Thaksins wife:but love, he already has millions of baht and free medical already.

Thaksin: i know! So for sure he will not accept our offer. But it makes me look like a good man and for sure my sister will get it in the news. Everybody will see how nice i am.

Thaksins wife: OK. I will do what you tell me to do the same way the PTP does. Bye

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Well not coming to Bangkok means all his followers would not be inclined to... follow him there.

A smart decision on several levels. But Thaksin needed to appear magnanimous even if it came to nothing.

Appearances before realities.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

pmugghc post # 20.

Interesting piece today in Bkk Post. The red shirts in Udon had collected money to buy a 17 Rai plot for their organization. Kwanchai put his wife's name on the title deeds!

A genuine mistake in the legal process.whistling.gif

No Red Shirt believer in Red Shirt style democracy would even let the thought of self interest cross what may pass for their minds would they?

• Like 1

One must congratulate the former Prime Minister , such a gesture is really appreciated , it would also be appreciated if you would get your arse back to Thailand and face the music , perhaps sir the details are not remembered , so just to remind you of some , Tax avoidance , Un investigations into human rights abuse , corruption involving the Burma junta ,your company, the government, in supply of electronic equip, whilst P.M. That's a start we wont mention the five time profits your company Shincorp made when you were P.M. of Thailand.bah.gif

Other reports said Thaksin had offered medical treatment in Bkk at a hospital partly owned by him. Funnily enough he is not registered as a shareholder at any of the private hospitals which are all listed but perhaps his gardners, drivers and maid are instead. Also one of his former lawyers is a major shareholder of a well known hospital group. Since Thaksin is known to be extremely khee niaow, presumably the idea was for the all the shareholders to foot the bill for free treatment, not just Thaksin alone.

More to it than face value methinks , he is saying he does not want to go to BKK because he is worried whoever shot him will have another go while he is there.

Inferring that whoever shot him was from BKK therefore associated with if not part of the protesters.

Making political capital out of his shooting, similar to what we see on here with the red supporters trying to make most topics into an anti Suthep thing.

I suspect he knows full well who had a go at him and why, not being a peaceful gentle type character he must have made plenty of enemies up his own end of the country.

Other reports said Thaksin had offered medical treatment in Bkk at a hospital partly owned by him. Funnily enough he is not registered as a shareholder at any of the private hospitals which are all listed but perhaps his gardners, drivers and maid are instead. Also one of his former lawyers is a major shareholder of a well known hospital group. Since Thaksin is known to be extremely khee niaow, presumably the idea was for the all the shareholders to foot the bill for free treatment, not just Thaksin alone.

Thaksin would offer his own family, for organ transplants in any hospital, if it meant continued access to taking Thai government funds. ;)

-m.