Going Great

kevvy

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideas:

Green tea/Jasmine green tea taste good....Actually no need to drink it lukewarm. You can press some lemon in and drink it ice cold. For me it is a nice alternative to just water.

Low fat dressing: If you don't make it yourself, read carefully what is in it.

I love to put olive oil on the salad (the total amount of fat isn't much), first with some apple or wine vinegar....recently I start to get really addicted to the taste of pure extra virgin olive oil (the extra virgin is important). No I use it without the vinegar.

Olive Oil is supposed to have a lot healthy things inside.

For example a nice salad with a lot cucumber, tomato, onion and garlic. Put salt on the salad and olive oil. Than I make some chicken breast on teflon without oil and boiled egg and put it on top of it....

Very delicious.....low calorie good protein....

• Like 1

Keep up the good work Kevvy.

I started my reformed eating regime about three weeks ago too. I've lost 3kg so far, about one a week.

I can't walk far because of bung knees, but I get down the gym three times a week to do some cardio and upper body resistant weights, just to keep toned more than anything, but I burn about 200 calories for a session, so it's something.

I've been sticking to steamed veges and salads with small portions (125g) of chicken, beef or fish, usually once a day.

I want to lose 12kg by June.

These threads are great for support and information.

I'm going to try the Garcinia Cambogia when they arrive from Thailand to see if they suppress my appetite a little.

I tell myself 'one day at a time'....if I did it yesterday, I can do it again today.

• Like 1

I started my reformed eating regime about three weeks ago too. I've lost 3kg so far, about one a week.

I can't walk far because of bung knees, but I get down the gym three times a week to do some cardio and upper body resistant weights, just to keep toned more than anything, but I burn about 200 calories for a session, so it's something.

I've been sticking to steamed veges and salads with small portions (125g) of chicken, beef or fish, usually once a day.

I'm going to try the Garcinia Cambogia when they arrive from Thailand to see if they suppress my appetite a little.

I tell myself 'one day at a time'....if I did it yesterday, I can do it again today.

Great , keep it up . Even if we lose 200 gms a week it is still losing something , that is the way I am looking at it. I will post you on more of my results so we can help each othert if you like .Let me know cheers and keep up the good work ..well done mate.

• Like 1

Great , keep it up . Even if we lose 200 gms a week it is still losing something , that is the way I am looking at it. I will post you on more of my results so we can help each othert if you like .Let me know cheers and keep up the good work ..well done mate.

Great idea!

Maybe some meal ideas too. My diet is very boring at this stage. I'm a bit reluctant to introduce other foods just yet, not until I get a few more kilo's off.

Do you cook your own? I know if I lived in Thailand I wouldn't.....too much cheap yummy food.

I'm making a vege soup tomorrow so that will make a change.

• Like 1

Great idea!

Maybe some meal ideas too. My diet is very boring at this stage. I'm a bit reluctant to introduce other foods just yet, not until I get a few more kilo's off.

Do you cook your own? I know if I lived in Thailand I wouldn't.....too much cheap yummy food.

That was partly how i gained my weight.. by eating all the street food and not cooking myself. It was a pitfall. I was always prone to weight gain and at that point i was already working out in my gym. So it was not lack of exercise. But I admit it also was my weekly drinking session. But the moment i took control of what i ate weight came off easier.

It took me a year to get on the weight that i wanted to be, now i just maintain and workout hard to maybe get some extra muscle.

But maintaining is easier and harder.. easier as you can eat a bit more.. harder as there is no real goal. I do step on the scales more then a few times a week.. sometimes every day.

it nice to put your results in a spreadsheet and make a nice graph.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

If you exercise with weights, be carefully that you eat a bit more protein....if you are too low on protein you won't feel good, loose less weight, get tired etc etc.

Chicken breast, or Tuna in can (not the frozen tuna, very important difference) in water is a good source for protein at low calories.

Sometimes an egg brings a lot important things, like vitamins essential fats....

Great idea!

my diet was also very boring, but maybe some ideas...

mixed salad with

chicken breast

can of tuna

boiled egg

fried pork without fat

fried egg (teflon no fat) with or without many other things mixed inside

sliced pork in the electro barbecue

zero percent fat milk with bodybuilder protein (taste like cacao has a lot protein, no fat and fills you up for hours)

salad with Greek cheese.

Some Big C have french "dried" ham from pork or beef....low fat specially the beef. (TGM put a lot chemicals inside so I don't eat these).

Pork/beef/chicken soup with carrot, onion, garlic, who like it can put a lot chilli.

if you have damaged knees but are in good health (and have a lot money), you can learn scuba diving...also needs a lot energy, specially when the water is a bit cold. It starts early, so just some quick coffee in the morning. Than busy on the boat, diving, than eating a bit to fill up what you just burned, diving again.....when you come home you are almost too tired to eat.

And being fat is absolute no problem for that sport. I have seen several people who had problems walking but once under water and weight free the moved easy like a bird in the air....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update. I'm losing between 0.8 and 1kg a week. I've lost 4kg since the 13th January.

The Garcinia Cambogia doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference re appetite suppressant.

I'm trying not to look too far ahead, just one meal or one day at a time.

I joined an online weight group for support and motivation, it does help and they have some interesting challenges but you have to be honest with yourself.

• Like 1

Update. I'm losing between 0.8 and 1kg a week. I've lost 4kg since the 13th January.

The Garcinia Cambogia doesn't seem to make a whole lot of difference re appetite suppressant.

I joined an online weight group for support and motivation, it does help and they have some interesting challenges but you have to be honest with yourself.

0.8-1 kg is just perfect....

Yep it might sound slow (it never is enough) but in the long run its quite a nice progress.

Yep it might sound slow (it never is enough) but in the long run its quite a nice progress.

Having my reasonable day today....a steady 1 kg per 10 day is often the recommendation. Not that I personally would follow it...but still I must admit it is the right thing to do....

Having my reasonable day today....a steady 1 kg per 10 day is often the recommendation. Not that I personally would follow it...but still I must admit it is the right thing to do....

Why did you think i posted it is never enough. Most people feel the same but when i lost 25 kg it took me a year.. so that is slower as the 1 kg a week for sure. But there were times it went faster and times it was totally still. I think id rather preferred a slow and steady decrease all the time.

I'm not expecting to keep losing at that rate. I think it will slow down to around the 0.5 kg or less per week soon.

I don't really care if I lose it fast or slow, as long as it's coming off.

I was on a plateau for weeks and weeks, it can be very frustrating. It was only when I started adding my cal/kj intake that I realised I was kidding myself, I thought I was eating much less than I actually was, not counting every bit of food like salad dressing or the milk in a coffee etc, although there are other reasons for your weight loss coming to a sudden halt.

Anyway, good luck guys, it's a lifetime battle, but just remember how much better you feel without carrying all that unnecessary weight.

By the way I'm taking Garcinia Cambogia but the juries still out on that one....just not sure. I will wait another month ans see if I will keep going with them or quit.

I'm not expecting to keep losing at that rate. I think it will slow down to around the 0.5 kg or less per week soon.

I was on a plateau for weeks and weeks, it can be very frustrating. It was only when I started adding my cal/kj intake that I realised I was kidding myself, I thought I was eating much less than I actually was, not counting every bit of food like salad dressing or the milk in a coffee etc, although there are other reasons for your weight loss coming to a sudden halt.

Anyway, good luck guys, it's a lifetime battle, but just remember how much better you feel without carrying all that unnecessary weight.

By the way I'm taking Garcinia Cambogia but the juries still out on that one....just not sure. I will wait another month ans see if I will keep going with them or quit.

If strongly reducing the carbs, it is much less a battle of hunger.....

If you additionally reduce fat, your choices of food are so limited that you prefer to starve hahahaha

(Actually meant as joke, but I left away all (all as good as possible...there are still some) carbs first, than I reduced the fat I ate. While it is a real great and working concept, the food you can still eat is very limited. That doesn't bother you much in matter of hunger, as there isn't much, but it get terrible boring).

Kevvy,

Any updates ?

Hi RB

Yes !!!!! I have still been doing great , well I think so .I have kept to my eating regime of cutting out most fats from my diet.E.G cooking in oil , roasted chicken etc etc.I also have stopped eating bread and drinking soft drinks.Dont eat any sweets , this was not hard as I was never a sweet eater .

In the mornings I have vegies still. I have leftover from the dinner the night before .This is usually mixture of these veggies., broccoli , cauliflower onion, zucchini , cabbage , carrots, asparagus, done in a oyster sauce with chilli ginger spring onion garlic. I have a small piece of wagyu beef which weighs 200 grams or salmon, chicken squid, lamb.

I cook most protein this way now .sous vide .I cook salmon sous vide, at 42°C for ten minutes. When I take it out, the texture is wonderful and succulent, the colour is as if it were raw and the flavour amazing.I do the same with chicken breasts, and I pan seer my steak first then do the same . The chicken breasts come out so moist and succulent.

It is getting harder to lose the wight now as I am only losing about 300 grams a week. But .....I am still losing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah. Go KEVVY.....

I cant do much exercise because of my health , but i still do 500 hundred metres without stopping. I get so sore by doing this and when get back have to take my oxycone.I am wearing shirts I thought I would never get into again, and what a grouse feeling it is.I want to lose 20 kgs by the end of June.

Now for the news ROB...... I have lost wait for it .........11.2 kgs since the 4th of January.. Some days when I weigh myself I actually put weight on and then after 2 days I have lost it and some more. I am happy thanks Robblok

kevvy

Edited by kevvy

Thats great mate..

you are right you have to be honest. If you can be honest with yourself it makes it easier to lose the weight. Keep it up , and I am doing the same . I have been wearing shirts now that I thought I would never wear again.

If strongly reducing the carbs, it is much less a battle of hunger.....

If you additionally reduce fat, your choices of food are so limited that you prefer to starve hahahaha

(Actually meant as joke, but I left away all (all as good as possible...there are still some) carbs first, than I reduced the fat I ate. While it is a real great and working concept, the food you can still eat is very limited. That doesn't bother you much in matter of hunger, as there isn't much, but it get terrible boring).

h90

I feel different , as I like to eat veggies , I can eat them all day long , and never get bored with them.My WIFE LOVES THEM TOO. not just boiled , but steam with a good low fat sauce , I usually have a Chinese style sauce with the fat in it. (chicken stock) zucchini stuffed with mushrooms and onion baked in the oven is her favourite. If I did not like veggies so much then it would be so hard for me.

Kevvy,

Any updates ?

Hi RB

Yes !!!!! I have still been doing great , well I think so .I have kept to my eating regime of cutting out most fats from my diet.E.G cooking in oil , roasted chicken etc etc.I also have stopped eating bread and drinking soft drinks.Dont eat any sweets , this was not hard as I was never a sweet eater .

In the mornings I have vegies still. I have leftover from the dinner the night before .This is usually mixture of these veggies., broccoli , cauliflower onion, zucchini , cabbage , carrots, asparagus, done in a oyster sauce with chilli ginger spring onion garlic. I have a small piece of wagyu beef which weighs 200 grams or salmon, chicken squid, lamb.

I cook most protein this way now .sous vide .I cook salmon sous vide, at 42°C for ten minutes. When I take it out, the texture is wonderful and succulent, the colour is as if it were raw and the flavour amazing.I do the same with chicken breasts, and I pan seer my steak first then do the same . The chicken breasts come out so moist and succulent.

It is getting harder to lose the wight now as I am only losing about 300 grams a week. But .....I am still losing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah. Go KEVVY.....

I cant do much exercise because of my health , but i still do 500 hundred metres without stopping. I get so sore by doing this and when get back have to take my oxycone.I am wearing shirts I thought I would never get into again, and what a grouse feeling it is.I want to lose 20 kgs by the end of June.

Now for the news ROB...... I have lost wait for it .........11.2 kgs since the 4th of January.. Some days when I weigh myself I actually put weight on and then after 2 days I have lost it and some more. I am happy thanks Robblok

kevvy

Going great. and its normal for weight to go up and down as long as the trent is down.

I hope you go on and if nothing else you have changed your diet to be a lot more healthy so that seems a good thing. So yes keep on going and yes its great if you can wear t shirts again..

When i was fat i hated my picture being take i got angry about it and avoided it. Now no problems anymore we all have things we hated because of weight.. and when it comes off... all the better.

• Like 1

Kevvy,

Any updates ?

Hi RB

kevvy

Going great. and its normal for weight to go up and down as long as the trent is down.

I hope you go on and if nothing else you have changed your diet to be a lot more healthy so that seems a good thing. So yes keep on going and yes its great if you can wear t shirts again..

When i was fat i hated my picture being take i got angry about it and avoided it. Now no problems anymore we all have things we hated because of weight.. and when it comes off... all the better.

Yeah , I am going great , even if I lose 300 grms a week , it is still losing it. If I can lose a kg a month it is still losing . I too hated looking at myself and never look at myself in the mirror, you know what I mean. I am still very overweight but it is coming off. I will not stop this program as I am not missing anything .I dont want to stop as all this time I have put into it I dont want to waste. I only wish i could do more excerise , as I know I would lose more but cannot do it. Maybe buy some weights and do arm lifts...

kevvy

Kevvy,

Any updates ?

Hi RB

kevvy

Yeah , I am going great , even if I lose 300 grms a week , it is still losing it. If I can lose a kg a month it is still losing . I too hated looking at myself and never look at myself in the mirror, you know what I mean. I am still very overweight but it is coming off. I will not stop this program as I am not missing anything .I dont want to stop as all this time I have put into it I dont want to waste. I only wish i could do more excerise , as I know I would lose more but cannot do it. Maybe buy some weights and do arm lifts...

kevvy

Kevvy,

Dont beat yourself up about not being able to do more exercise. It is great for holding onto muscle while on a diet and for maintaining weight after a diet (and getting the metabolic rate back up) but for weight loss during the diet not so much.

Sure I would try something if I could but eating less is still the main thing.

But for motivation you could do some arm lifts.. maybe some seated presses ect. But dont expect miracles from it.

Thats great mate..

you are right you have to be honest. If you can be honest with yourself it makes it easier to lose the weight. Keep it up , and I am doing the same . I have been wearing shirts now that I thought I would never wear again.

Good work kevvy!

Doesn't it make it all worthwhile when your clothes get looser?

My weight fluctuates (with my bingeing) so I have what I call my 'fat clothes' and my 'skinny clothes', not what some would class as skinny, but closer to a 'normal' weight for age, always a few kilo's over the standard BMI measure tho.

I'm hoping I can maintain it this time, so sick of going through this every year. It's Thailand's fault, I lose my weight, come over for a few weeks and eat all that cheap delicious food and whammo!!!!....five or ten kilo straight on, back to square one. I don't know what I will do when I come over for good in 2016....hopefully.

Anyway keep us posted on your progress.

Well it has been 3 weeks since I started my new eating regime.Has it been hard ? actually it has not , as I was in the right mind to do it . Have I missed the some of the foods I use to eat . Some but not all .The hardest thing was giving up Pepsi and Diet coke. I like drinking cool clean water now , one think in my life I did not think I would ever do . I havent had any cravings for cheese or cream sauces, foods cooked in oil .I eat slot of fresh veggies now with a small amount of protein , as well as some salad with low fat dressing . I dont know alot about all the other topics going on about weight but I feel great . I have lost 9.5 kg since I started 3 weeks ago. My walking is still about 500,/ 600 metres in one time without stopping .That is so good for me considering my injuries. I will try to increase that over time .I know soon I will only lose a small amount each day , but I set my goal to lose 15/20 kg by the end of June.

Thanks Guys I started this by reading your forum on weight.

kevvy

well done. Just remember that once you have lost it, keep it off, its always the hardest part once you've lost weight, just be consistent with what you're doing and keep it up

Well it has been 3 weeks since I started my new eating regime.Has it been hard ? actually it has not , as I was in the right mind to do it . Have I missed the some of the foods I use to eat . Some but not all .The hardest thing was giving up Pepsi and Diet coke. I like drinking cool clean water now , one think in my life I did not think I would ever do . I havent had any cravings for cheese or cream sauces, foods cooked in oil .I eat slot of fresh veggies now with a small amount of protein , as well as some salad with low fat dressing . I dont know alot about all the other topics going on about weight but I feel great . I have lost 9.5 kg since I started 3 weeks ago. My walking is still about 500,/ 600 metres in one time without stopping .That is so good for me considering my injuries. I will try to increase that over time .I know soon I will only lose a small amount each day , but I set my goal to lose 15/20 kg by the end of June.

kevvy

well done. Just remember that once you have lost it, keep it off, its always the hardest part once you've lost weight, just be consistent with what you're doing and keep it up

I cannot say it has been hard , as I always have some veggies to snack on and I really dont miss the fatty foods , and I dont drink . Before , i did not care about being obese, yes I am . As I had everything I wanted and not good future to look forward too. So I did not care , just enjoyed my food. Getting my mind right was the biggest step, the rest is easy , (i will let you know after 5 months) My body you fooling me some days and I knew in the past I would give up , now I eat to live not live to eat .. thanks for the help Jubes

kevvy

kevvy

I cannot say it has been hard , as I always have some veggies to snack on and I really dont miss the fatty foods , and I dont drink . Before , i did not care about being obese, yes I am . As I had everything I wanted and not good future to look forward too. So I did not care , just enjoyed my food. Getting my mind right was the biggest step, the rest is easy , (i will let you know after 5 months) My body you fooling me some days and I knew in the past I would give up , now I eat to live not live to eat .. thanks for the help Jubes

kevvy

yes give us an update from time to time :-)

kevvy

kevvy

yes give us an update from time to time :-)

No worries mate , it is good to hear members helping you , in a good way or a bad way .

kevvy

Hi Guys

Well the weekly weigh in is here. I am some disappointed as I have put on 1 kg. I dont see how this happened as I have not binged out . The only difference was that on one night , my wife and I went out to dinner in a good restaurant as we sold 5 houses this week in our village.I had a plate of veggies and a medium size bowl of rice, a small bottle of orange juice. Apart from that I didnt change anything else for the week.I know the body can trick you , so I did not give into it. I am still 100% committed to my life change . So I expect to lose that 1 kg soon . Thanks everyone

kevvy